My wrestling-themed pets

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

My wrestling-themed pets

Unread post by sXe Angel »

I have quite a few pets in my main hunter's stable that have been named for different wrestlers. Most of them are 'indy darlings', as I am a huge Ring of Honor fan, and many of them have been named for previous RoH Champions & RoH tag champs. For each one I'll give a brief reason why I decided on the name I picked. Questions, comments, ect are welcomed. This is by no means my complete stable listing, just the pets I currently have who fit with my wrestling naming theme.

Dire Wolves/Classic Worgs
For some reason I love the big shaggy guys the best out of all the wolf/worg models in game. I find the 'normal' wolves to be a touch runty for my tastes, and never liked the northrend-style ones. Right now I have two of these in my stable.

Ace Steel - Old Cliff Jumper: He was part of a themed trio of canine pets I had while leveling my main. For those of you who are familiar with the 'Second City Saints' of RoH, that was the theme he was part of. I also had Deathmaw back before his color change, when he was still pure black, that was my CM Punk, and the Kurken was my Colt Cabana. With the change to Deathmaw I found I didn't much like him anymore, so I released him and the Kurken. Kept Ace because I always got this vibe off him, like he's the grizzled old vet of my stable, keeping the other pets in line. Plus it took me a couple of months before I finally found him and tamed him back in the day. Don't bring him out often, mostly when I'm off exploring stuff solo in the old world.

Jimmy Jacobs - Ironjaw: Loved the tricolor look of Halycon back in the day, and was always bummed that it wasn't tamable. When BC came out, and Ironjaw was added as a tamable mob you best believe I rushed right to Outland to get him as soon as I was high enough lvl to tame him. Took one look at the fur and knew he had to be Jimmy. Since I got him, like 99.99% of the time he's been in my call pet #1 slot. He's beautiful and fierce, the sorta worg you can cuddle with but he will bite faces off in combat. Very much like his namesake in wrestling.

Fox
Lovely Lacey - Ashtail: Had to find a fitting Lacey for my Jimmy, gave it some thought and finally decided that she had to be a fox. Tried out a few of the other fox colors, and never found one I really bonded with until I spotted Ashtail while I was out doing some archaeology. Luckily for me I had my current fox, a black one I'd named 'Mulder' (yes, for the X-Files reference) with me at the time. It was an easy thing to let him go back into the wild then tame Lacey. Haven't really used Lacey much, although I'll bring her out sometimes while doing some marathon dungeon running with guildies to VP cap on the weekends.

Goat
Daniel Bryan - Stompy: This one was completely by accident. Didn't go out looking for him, he found me. I spotted the tracks while doing archaeology up in the mountains in the summit, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to follow them and drop some flares out. Just to see what was running around up there. When I spooked this goat out of hiding, I laughed and tamed it. Figured I could give it a jokey name, and I kinda liked the colors of it. Since I couldn't tame one of the kafka-crazed goats and keep the kafka-crazed color change effect, having a rare look was the next best thing. As Danielson once was called the G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time) by RoH fans, naming a goat after him fits.

Hyena
Truth Martini - Scarlet Plaguehound (Originally)/Slaverjaw (Currently): Martini is a noted manager, with a very distinct laugh. I knew he had to be a hyena in game. When going to look at the hyenas, I didn't see any I really liked the look of out in the world, so my alliance hunter had to sneak into enemy territory just to take a look at one of the red ones, which I liked enough to tame. The things we'll do all in the name of finding the perfect pet. Once he got changed to a mastiff, I found I couldn't think of Martini as a dog, so I had to let it go. I was so happy when they put the red skin back in as a tamable rare in Tanaris. Camped that sucka for a couple of days before I had Martini back with me where he belonged.

Scorpid
Tyler Black - Black Madexx (Originally)/Dread Wastes Orange Scorpid (Currently): Black just fits as a tank pet, and for some reason the sleek look of a scorpid suits him. Originally I spent plenty of time out in Uldum waiting to see the black Madexx because I love the look of the armored scorpids more than the others. But once I hit pandaland and saw the black ones with orange accents, I really fell in love with the coloration, so Tyler became one of those instead.

Warp Stalker
Miz - Gezzarak: Back in my early days in Outland, I remember thinking that the warp stalkers were so annoying, blinking around all over when they fought, it was a real PITA to drop a trap on one of the little buggers. It was that initial annoyance that drew me to tame one and name it for one of the most 'annoying' wrestlers who I actually kinda liked. I knew Miz had to be a unique skin, he couldn't go around looking like everyone elses derpy warp stalkers. That's why I picked a one-off (at that time) skin for him.

Turtle
Roddy Piper - Terrorpene: When Cata came out I wanted this rare real bad. But it seemed like everyone and their brother were camping it so I gave up on getting it for a while. Figured I'd go back later when hopefully it wasn't being camped so hard. Was part of a guild Firelands run one Tuesday night, and I'd been joking around in vent with some of my guildies about taming the rare turtle out there as I was grabbing some flasks off the SW AH before heading to Hyjal. All of a sudden my guildies who were already at the summoning stone out there said the turtle was up and asked if I wanted a summon. Told them to summon away, and ran to the nearest stable master to open up a tame slot. Got summoned out to see that one of my guildies had noticed a couple other hunters in the area, so he jumped in to attack the turtle and keep aggro on it so they couldn't get the tame. His poor druid ended up dead, but he managed to keep the turtle aggro'd long enough for me to get out there and tame it. As for the name, it's one I'd had picked out for a while. Had to name it after 'Hot Rod', one of my fave wrestlers ever since I was a kid.

Spider
Victoria - Skitterflame: Typically I'm not a spider person, hate the little buggers irl and in game too. Normally these suckas are a 'kill with extreme prejudice' mob as far as I'm concerned. Was out in Molten Front in the middle of the night doing dailies when npc scan went off telling me this little bugger was up. Being the nice person I am, I put it out in guild chat asking if anyone had an alt they wanted it on or anything. I'd be happy to invite them to a group and tag it while waiting for them to fly out. Have no trouble with eating a death and repair bill to help out a guildie. None of them were interested, so I figured I'd go see if I could solo kill it. Read up on it a bit before I started the fight, and things were going so smoothly and it actually looked kinda neat, so I decided to tame it instead. Which was a huge thing for me, as I never ever wanted a spider as a pet on any toon. And to this day my 'Victorias' are the only spiders I have on any hunter. I even abandon the freebie icky spider starter pet on all my forsaken ones asap.

Shale Spider
Victoria - Purple Shale Spider: These look different enough to not provoke the 'omg icky nasty KILL IT NOW!' reaction from me that most other spiders get. Yes both my spiders are named Victoria after the crazy creepy Diva because of her penchant for using spider designs in her ring gear.

Core Hound
Arik Cannon - Cromaggus: Tried out a couple other core hounds before this, but the constant crackling flame noise got on my nerves. And I didn't really bond with any of the other core hound skins other than the Kurken I had for a while. Once I released that one, didn't see one I liked until I ran some friends alts through classic BWL for achieves/tmog. I asked to tame him on that run, promising to run them again for the next couple of weekends until they had all the mog drops they wanted. Looking at the big guy, he just felt a bit anarchistic with all the spikes, chains, and the really neat darker coloration. So who better to name him after than indy wrestling's biggest 'anarchist' Arik Cannon?

Birds
Raven - Dire Raven (Originally)/Upland Raven (Currently): This one should be self-explanatory as to the name. I've wanted a tamed raven for a while. Never was pleased with the original, but it was as close as I could get for a long while. This pet doesn't get used much, as it's more of a show-off in the city sorta thing.

Wind Serpent
Steve Corino - Sparkwing: The blue and white skin reminded me of his new SCUM ring attire.

Devilsaur
Kevin Steen - Black Primal Devilsaur: I had King Dred tamed and named Animal after the Muppet, then when I made that long trip to 'Dino Island' to farm for my Direhorn taming book, I saw the new devilsaur skins and wanted a new one. So bye-bye drum eater, and hello 'Wrestling's Worst Nightmare'. Yes, I have all of the original SCUM lineup in my stable, and the core classic Age of the Fall as well. And one pet so happens to be part of both, and it's not this one. A little 'six degrees of RoH' in my stables, lol.

Quilen
Lion Do - Purple Portent: It was weeks of checking to see which Portent color was up. And weeks of me going 'wtf, not blue AGAIN! grrrrr', but finally I got purple. As for the name, 'Lion Do' was a name Chris Jericho used when he was wrestling in Japan teaming with Jado and Gedo.

I've had other wrestling-themed pets in the past that I released, either because their colors/models were changed and it didn't feel like the same pet after that, or after I'd tamed them I found something that annoyed me about the pet (wasps constant buzzing which gave me migraines something fierce, the slobber-yawns that got placed on all the pre-MoP cat models including the spirit beasts, couldn't stand that, monkeys losing their pickaxes, loved seeing my John Cena scratching his butt with a pick axe, always made me chuckle a bit.) or I wasn't using them much and couldn't really justify having them taking up a spot just to sit in the stable most of the time and not get used. Some of them I'll go back and tame again once the expanded stables are implemented on live, and I've got a couple other fave wrestlers I've been wanting to get pets for too. Guess I'll be figuring out who's gotta be what in a few weeks or so. Can't wait for it.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Re: My wrestling-themed pets

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Haven't updated this in a while. So here's a little WoD update with a couple that have recently joined my stable from the new x-pac.

Draenor Wolves
Loving the look of these. How I picture a dire wolf to look.

Viktor - Killmaw: The first rare of the new x-pac I actually wanted to tame and keep. Been on a huge NXT kick, The Ascension is one of my fave tag teams to come up through NXT, and for some reason I can kinda imagine Viktor as a wolf, quick, lean, merciless. Yeah. Just fits.

Konnor - Grizzlemaw: Already had one half of The Ascension, had to get the other. I know, same skin, but that plus the names makes me feel like the two rares were meant to be teamed up. So in my stable they are.

For anyone wondering, I also have Gara. Named her Anput, after the wife of Egyptian God Anubis.

Blond Bat
Edge - Rakkiri: Call this one an homage to Edge's time teaming with Christian and Gangrel as The Brood.

Grand Tiger
Paige - Ra'kahn: Ok, I'd seen Orcgut and wanted to tame that model/coloration. The other tigers that were tamable in the area were too light, more gray than black. I wanted the black and red one. Was so happy when I came across this rare in the cave. Had to drop a frost trap at my feet, as Paige decided to leap on me and break my initial tame. It's ok, she was just letting me know I was in her house. lol

Haven't been as tame-happy during this x-pac as I typically am. Mostly because I've been busy questing and exploring the new zones, and allowed myself to appreciate all of the hard work that's been done to make the zones look beautiful. Eventually I'll get back to specifically looking for pets to fit my wrestling stable, but I'm just enjoying running around looking for cool little areas, like caves with treasure hidden inside and stuff.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
cerpin
Realm: moonguard

Re: My wrestling-themed pets

Unread post by cerpin »

Oh wow, I didn't think I'd see someone else with pets named after wrestlers...you have a huge stable of them! I've only been watching for a little over a year so mine are mostly named after the current roster (with some older persona names like Moxley thrown in because I like how they sound).

ImageImageImageImageImageImage