Epic loss of a tame

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.

Do you still follow the old hunter's code regarding taming, or are you also a pillar of humanity?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:32 pm

I will even help them if they want my help.
48%
I follow the old ways and leave.
22%
If you die, it is all fair game.
30%
I do whatever it takes to ruin an ongoing tame to get what I want.
No votes

Total votes: 23

Ridingwolf
Realm: Malygos

Epic loss of a tame

Unread post by Ridingwolf »

Hi, first off, I am letting you know about a wonderful hunter from the Malygos server. Let's call him/her Bubbles For Brains; Bubbles For Brains showed up during my attempted tame of Gumi and proceeded to start making their own attempts between mine, even going so far as to dismount in the air and fire shots to aggro after watching me food buff and such. Now, there was no dispute over the area, I was the only hunter there, watched it spawn on my druid and switched over and my wife came out on her warlock to help with the DPS, my hunter was not my first 90, so it is a little short on gear. This amazing example of morals and character just decided they needed this tame more than I did. I am getting so sick and tired of the perpetuation of this behavior. It used to be if a hunter was at a tame, you left, not purposefully interfered by doing things like, MDing to their own pet to break up the range rythem going, causing the white porcupine to lose the daze debuff from my conc shot and bull rushing me and killing me multiple times. This person single handedly is making me think seriously hard about canceling WoW again.

I just wanted to vent and out this shining example of humanity. I hope his armpits are infested with the fleas of 1000 camels. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Edited to indicate the person's name used is not their actual name in accordance with forum rules. If the person reads these, they will know it is them. Thanks Junrei!!

EDIT 2: Name change completely. If this one is taken by anything other than a pet, I will give up. Even "Guy", "Girl", "Someone", "Person", etc etc are all taken according to the Armory.
Last edited by Ridingwolf on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Epic loss of a tame

Unread post by Lisaara »

First off, welcome to the forums!

Second, We have a rule of No Naming, No Shaming so you might wanna remove their name.

Third, I'm sorry this happened, though on the bright side, Gumi respawns in like 10 minutes.

Fourth, I don't think this person is worth ragequitting WoW over.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ridingwolf

That is not their name. I read the rules of the forum. I picked something instead of the guy or that guy, etc etc.

Thanks for the reminder though, I will keep it in mind.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah but that could be someone elses name though, which in turn could give them the bad rap rather than the actual person. It's better to use 'person' or 'guy' or 'girl' rather than a specific name.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*sigh* He has a 5-7 minute respawn timer. Why would someone feel compelled to do this?

I hope you reported for harassment and went back later.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ridingwolf

I did not. I was so infuriated I logged off and decided to use this forum for my vent instead of saying something to them and losing my account. It will get to more hunters this way and I feel better. I may go back another weekend, but I am taking summer classes here and my play time is limited to just a couple of hours on some Saturdays and Sundays. I guess that is the whole reason for my anger. I get around 4 hours a month to play WoW now and having my whole block of time taken by Bubbles For Brains there.. Grr. Anyway, thank you for the support Kalliope and thank you Junrei for help with the naming used.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Hmm firstly sorry this happened to you but if the attempts were made inbetween yours then it's fair game. People often take it in turns (ala the old firelands ones) until someone gets the pet but if they tried to grief your attempts then that defiantly is not on.

Did you whisper them and ask them to stop? They ~may~ of been trying to help in their own weird way if they were dpsing and maybe didn't know that was breaking the rythmn? Not sure just putting it out there. But like Kalliope said it has a 10 min spawn timer, in that situation I would of let them have it and came back later when they were gone. Not worth getting yourself upset over it :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ridingwolf wrote:I did not. I was so infuriated I logged off and decided to use this forum for my vent instead of saying something to them and losing my account. It will get to more hunters this way and I feel better. I may go back another weekend, but I am taking summer classes here and my play time is limited to just a couple of hours on some Saturdays and Sundays. I guess that is the whole reason for my anger. I get around 4 hours a month to play WoW now and having my whole block of time taken by Bubbles For Brains there.. Grr. Anyway, thank you for the support Kalliope and thank you Junrei for help with the naming used.
*hugs* No problem! Just wanted to make sure an innocent person's name didn't get slandered by mistake.

Well if you need help getting him, just ask! I can add you to RiD if you're US and we'll get your pretty porki.

I'm curious as well to why someone did this....the respawn, as said, is extremely short. So it's a total "WTF?" situation.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I would help, but if you die then I see as it it's my turn to try. However, I would never try and steal a tame from another Hunter.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Vexxan
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Vexxan »

I'm not going to vote due to me having a mixed answer but I will tell you what I would do, I Would never steal a pet from anyone ever or even try to kill the pet that's just terrible. But if it is a pet Ive been hunting for a long time and the person dies I will have a go at it but most of the times I just either leave or congratulate them on their new baby :) Also if the person needs help I will help them
The Strength in the Wolf is in the Pack

Legends Never Die
R.I.P Mitch Lucker
Keep Stomping On
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I've been camping Iceclaw (yes, I know their are similar pets) and the same person is also camping Iceclaw. This person is a PALADIN. She is camping it JUST to prevent hunters from taming it. I hate people like that.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I'm willing to agree about the between deaths part but I don't think some people saw specifically this part....

"not purposefully interfered by doing things like, MDing to their own pet to break up the range rythem going, causing the white porcupine to lose the daze debuff from my conc shot and bull rushing me and killing me multiple times."

This leads me to believe they were being an asshat while he was ALIVE and trying to tame. So between tamed or not this person is still a bully. : /

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

For the most part I either watch the tame attempts, help or go elsewhere. If I see someone camping I move on and come back later.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sarantha wrote:I've been camping Iceclaw (yes, I know their are similar pets) and the same person is also camping Iceclaw. This person is a PALADIN. She is camping it JUST to prevent hunters from taming it. I hate people like that.
If you're on the US server, I can RiD you to get Iceclaw. He's up on my server all the time.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ridingwolf

Instead of rage quitting, I thought about skipping school today to go rage taming. :shock: I still went rage taming.

The red one.

The green one.

And the one this whole post was about. I now officially have every spirit beast again.

Side note: I got Stompy while killing critters in the kiting path.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grats! LOL! So jelly of your mini diablo. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sarantha wrote:I've been camping Iceclaw (yes, I know their are similar pets) and the same person is also camping Iceclaw. This person is a PALADIN. She is camping it JUST to prevent hunters from taming it. I hate people like that.
Thats just stupid and horrible 0.o Are you on a pvp server? I'd so like someone to camp them! grrr

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ridingwolf

I have nothing to say to that. The closest I have come was when Lich King came out and I started camping TLPD, a Warlock that already had him was killing it before anyone else could aggro. Fortunately, it spawned in a different location once and I got mine. I then spent the next 2 weeks on my Horde Rogue making as many of the seconds as I could totally miserable for him. Ahhh.. Those were good times back on Shadowmoon.

Ridingwolf
Ridingwolf

Doctress wrote:I'm willing to agree about the between deaths part but I don't think some people saw specifically this part....

"not purposefully interfered by doing things like, MDing to their own pet to break up the range rythem going, causing the white porcupine to lose the daze debuff from my conc shot and bull rushing me and killing me multiple times."

This leads me to believe they were being an asshat while he was ALIVE and trying to tame. So between tamed or not this person is still a bully. : /
I think I can sort of agree with the if the first tamer dies thing, but on something that is always up, there is just no reason for that kind of behavior. I started this hunter back when Aimed Shot could be fired from Shadowmeld, and back then, hunters left other hunters alone, on a bad day. Or everyone took "numbers" and waited in line and offered help if it was needed. That said, you hit the proverbial nail on the head. The things s/he were doing had nothing to do with taming itself, hence the anger I felt.

Pet taming question about the Jade Forest cat Savage. Are his tracks really that far apart? I came across the tracks by Hutia, but I was not able to follow them, they were so far apart. One would have toes pointed one direction, the next one, pointing the other way. Was really hard to follow, pun intended.

Question 2. Is there a hunter tame map overlay for the panda tames?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Since the pets we track aren't 'rares', no there is no overlay for it currently.

His tracks can be far apart since he's actually pretty speedy. If you're on a US realm, I can help you next time. :3 I've tamed him about 3 times now. But I do recommend setting your graphics to low then bumping up your View Distance and Enviroment Detail to Ultra. The tracks will stand out much more that way. :3

LisaaraPokefarm