Arcturis... almost tamed!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Arcturis... almost tamed!

Unread post by Anj »

Arcturis spawned! I did a Distracting Shot, and tamed, and happily watched the channeling bar wind down. Just a millisecond before taming ended, Arcturis flopped down dead.

I couldn't understand what happened -- I had on my low level gear and I was using an Old Blunderbuss just to make sure I don't one-shot rares (I'm 90). I was still staring at the screen when I saw the unthinkable - from right beside Arcturis, I saw another hunter laughing before he flew off and logged.

I've seen this happen to other hunters many, many times but it's the first time I've experienced it. To add insult to injury, I was able to loot Arcturis... and got a Pristine Glowbear Pelt of the THIEF! Unbelievable...
Remember, this is no sprint. The true test of a hunter tests his endurance over the course of a long expedition.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Arcturis... almost tamed!

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm so so sorry Anj. If you want, I can go check MG for you.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Anj »

Thanks for the offer Junrei! I'll let you know.

(But I'm laughing now, remembering Arquebus and Kangosa bumping into each other...)
Remember, this is no sprint. The true test of a hunter tests his endurance over the course of a long expedition.
Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Anj »

Here's a great update. I put up a ticket and got a reply ... in less than an hour. The highlight of our discussion was that the GM will be putting in a suggestion to unflag pets once they're being tamed. Now that's something that hopefully would be done!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yay on GM!

"Ohai!" "Hey!" and we had no idea who each other was til like way later.

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Distracting shot will still allow autoshot to go off. So I made a macro for it that cancels attacking after the shot. And if no one's around, I just hit tame. Just to be safe. But I'm sorry this happened, certainly frustrating and I think happens to all of us at some point. Stinks when it's a rare

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I've had it happen too. I've also had it happen to friends. I will never be able to comprehend how people can be such an ass to others, for no reason. I know it's "just a game" but real people are behind these characters, and we put a lot of time into these games, especially when that time is spent camping a rare pet or mount.

But I guess there's nothing you can do. :\ That would be awesome though if pets would get unflagged when taming. Would make it easy to snag a pet in a random dungeon group too, if you're trying to tame one.

(Also I'm on a lower pop server if you ever want to check mine as well - I have both horde and alliance on Frostwolf)

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Anj »

Thanks for the kind words. It seems that a visit to Petopia still gets you a spawn buff... Arcturis spawned and is safely in my stable now... at 4AM!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Awesome :D Congrats

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Congrats! I really can't wrap my brain around how some people can be such jerks, even if it is just a bunch of avatars and stuff. To me, that just says what kind of person is on the other side. I'm sure they're real classy people IRL too. >.>

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I have never understood the mentality behind killing a mob that a hunter is taming, especially when it's done by another hunter. I know I've run across a rare that I'd been looking for only to see another hunter in the process of taming. It's especially disappointing when the hunter in question already has the pet.

On the other side of the coin, it's great when you see hunters cooperating. I remember back in Cata, there were four of us (two alliance and two horde) who took turns trying to tame Kirix. It was just an unspoken thing. In the end, I was the one who somehow managed it, though I died at the exact moment he tamed. When I rezzed, the other Horde hunter said he'd despawned, so I checked my stable and there he was.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Anj wrote:Thanks for the kind words. It seems that a visit to Petopia still gets you a spawn buff... Arcturis spawned and is safely in my stable now... at 4AM!
Yay!!!!

LisaaraPokefarm

biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Unread post by biscitandchina »

Ok remember that arcturis spawns exactly 7 hours after it is tamed/killed i wanted him for 3 days an after waiting spawn after spawn
he does actually spawn every 7 hours for those who want but cant tame due to people who are just mean.

Yay He has found a new home with you!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

biscitandchina wrote:Ok remember that arcturis spawns exactly 7 hours after it is tamed/killed i wanted him for 3 days an after waiting spawn after spawn
he does actually spawn every 7 hours for those who want but cant tame due to people who are just mean.

Yay He has found a new home with you!
6 - 16 hrs, actually, is his spawn bracket. :3 Like most of the old school rares.

LisaaraPokefarm