The Hunter Games

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

The Hunter Games

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I have a problem. I like hunters, a lot. Perhaps a little too much. >_> Pet collecting is just so much fun.

Anyway, my brain has decided that I need a hunter of every race that's possible to play as the class. I decided to go ahead and act upon it for a couple of reasons. Firstly, to shut the annoying voice in the back of my head up. And secondly, I already had 4 races covered, 2 of which are at 90, so I figure why the hell not have some side projects running around. Since that will be a lot of hunters, I am going to consolidate showing off their stable progress into this one thread--Grizz, however, will keep is own thread as I'm RPing his progress.

It should be interesting to see how their stables progress and where I might have duplicate pets. I'm hoping to get some decent diversity, hopefully try some pets I wouldn't normally, and just see how it feels to be a hunter of each race.

Without further ado, let's introduce the hunters. I'm going to list all of the hunters I've made via thumbnail pics in this first post, then in consequent posts I'll do introductions of them and give a brief blurb about the hunter and if I have a stable theme in mind for them (starting with my 4 established hunters). Since Grizz has his own thread (linked above), he will not be mentioned in the following posts, though I will throw his thumbnail up here for representation as a worgen hunter.
Alliance:
Grizz: Image
Katriona: Image
Daliah: Image
Moraiya: Image
Draaka: Image

Horde:
Rosaliah: Image
Xazzel: Image
Venjin: Image
Grokka: Image
Psoriasis: Image
Moorissa: Image

Pandaren:
Nonia: Image

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: The Hunter Games

First up is my "main;"at least in terms of hunters.

Name: Katriona ((Can't remember if I ever gave her a surname.))
Nickname: Kat
Server: Staghelm
Race: Human

Let's see, Kat started life as a pandaren hunter named Nani until, after hitting max level, I became extremely unfond of having her be a panda. Little things started bugging me, especially after the fiance rolled an awesome human hunter. Namely, I hated how puny all of her pets felt. And so I race changed her to a human in part because humans are a good size, my man's hunter was a human, and armor looks pretty kickass on human females 99% of the time (imo). I really like Kat as she is now and as a sort of amusing thing for ourselves, we had the man's hunter dress in blue and my hunter dress in red; I think we kind of see them as being sisters. As such, I started taming a bunch of pets on Kat that matched her Gronnstalker transmog. Then I took a hiatus from the game for about 9 months. When I got back it bugged me that nearly all of her pets were red and I got a strong urge to purge a lot of her stables and start over. I knew I wouldn't have Gronnstalker mogged forever and I wanted a little variety because it felt as if her stable theme was a little too close to Rosaliah's (as both huntresses like and wear the color red).

A surprising amount of Kat's stables have remained, though I'm still in debate over purging a couple more of them. I've been in the biggest dilemma with Kat though because I feel like if I play BM then I should really only use/need exotic pets. But there's only like 10 exotic families. I need to get over this feeling though as for soloing I can realistically bring whatever I want (since I don't do much hard core stuff) and for LFR it's really not going to matter much.

Anyway, before I keep blabbing too much ( :lol: ), I'll get into some of Kat's newest pets. Otis and I are big fans of Game of Thrones and so it was decided that I would theme at least part of my stable after the houses. It's still a work in progress but I'm pleased with what I've gotten so far. As of right now I have Baratheon, Arryn, Targaryen, and Stark (though Stark is temporary until WoD releases).
ImageImageImageImage

For her other pets, I'll stick to showcasing those I know I'm keeping.
Tank: Image
Unnamed (haven't thought of a name for this guy yet, but I know I'm keeping him after all the deaths I suffered trying to tame him; plus he's growing on me despite being a porcupine): Image
Grumpasaurus (Named for the nickname my fiance gave me): Image
Rev(This guy means a lot to me as Kat is like the 3rd hunter to have homed him. At least this time his home is permanent): Image
Boris: Image
Mudhen (Just look at that eye! Her expression solidified my feelings for her.): Image
SwiftJr (Named for Serendipity's red fox that's a bit of a trouble maker.): Image
Varethyn (Named after Varethyn the forum user's hunter.): Image
Soul (Named for Soul from Soul Eater as well as he just has creepy soulless looking eyes): Image
Wiggles: Image
Solara (Named after Azunara's espeon character): Image
Cocoa: Image
Clancy: Image
Nightmare (Of course I had to jump on the bandwagon and tame one of these guys while it was possible; he's a perfect fit for Kat, I love him.): Image
Alyss: Image
Hammond: Image
Shen: Image

I'll leave this first post there for now. xD Sorry for the spam of pictures. It'll be really bad when I get to Rose. :lol:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Thats an awesome goal! I get in trouble for having "so many hunters" lol I have 3 at 90 (panda, worgen and tauren) but i love them so! Good luck in your mission!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks!
As a side note: did pets seem to get a little larger over the last couple of days or am I going crazy? I feel like some of my pets are bigger (which is totally okay by me!). :lol:
--

I'm going to do a couple of hunters today as two of them have small stables right now and on one of them I'm just going to show a light version of her pets.

Name: Xazzel
Nickname: None
Server: Area 52
Race: Goblin

Xazzel's motto is "Nothing dazzles like a Xazzel!" I wanted a non-undead hunter to have a collection of diseased, ghostly, gross looking, etc pets on as it felt too cliche to go that route on a Forsaken. At first I had trouble figuring out which race I would want to have those kinds of pets on, but then goblin occurred to me. Xazzel is, essentially, a bit of a con artist running her pets as a sort of freak show to "earn" gold. Not all of her pets will be gross; some might be overly bright and shiny for further marketing strategies.

As of right now she only has 2 pets that fit her theme, and only 1 of which I know will be permanent.
Putrus: Image
This guy clicked as soon as the tame went off. His name came immediately and his personality. Putrus is more than happy to play the poor, ailing, ucky pet whose owner doesn't have the funds needed to heal him to help Xazzel earn some extra gold. He's fine the way he is, and content grossing everyone out.

Bones: Image
Honestly not super happy with how this guy looks with Xazzel. He's going to stick around for a little bit, possibly until I can get her one of the Outlands birds.

--
Name: Daliah
Nickname: None
Server: Nesingwary
Race: Night Elf

This poor gal has been around since at least Cata and when hunters used to still actually use melee weapons. xD I know Tarn has a hunter going with an alcohol theme and that was this girl's theme before she got ignored. :lol: I'll probably stick to it as well. Her pets are pretty plain right now, but I'm happy with them.
Kamikaze: Image
Tonic: Image
Gin: Image
Absinthe: Image
Curacao: Image
Sherry: Image
--

Name: Rosaliah
Nickname: Rose, The Red Rose
Server: Wyrmrest Accord
Race: Blood Elf

Rose is an RP character of mine (I think she has a backstory floating around on the forums somewhere...). Not going to go into a ton of detail on her, but essentially she started off as a rather unfeeling, uncaring mercenary. Over the course of RPing her she has learned to become more relaxed, though she still tends to be shy and a bit aloof--she still remains a mercenary, specializing in sniping missions. Rose's pets' names are mostly short and harsh sounding, though with her progression some of her pets have gained "nicer" sounding names.
Tyrant (Though Rose is normally SV for her merc work, she does have a large fascination with animals of all varieties and shares a close bond with all of her pets. Tyrant here has been her buddy for a very long time and together they've been through thick and thin. He's a bit of a large puppy dog, though he's quick to get down to business. He can be surprisingly sneaky for such a large animal.): Image
Shade (Another long time pet of Rose's, Shade is one of the few worg models I really like. This wolf takes no prisoners and can be a tad aggressive from time to time. His age is not relaxing his attitude any either and Rose suspects he'll be a fighter until he dies. And one of my favorite things about him is that Rose can also use him as a mount.): Image
Runt (Runt's a relatively new pet for Rose, obtained when she when on clean up merc duty through Northrend. He's also got his story floating around here; basically he was smaller than all of his fellow demon dogs and Rose felt bad for him so she tamed him. Runt keeps Rose busy; he's essentially in puppy mode all the time. And even full grown he's still smaller than normal demon dogs.): Image
Serenity (This gal helped me fall in love with sporebats. She's technically a magically enhanced creature via the Fury of the Twilight Clan RP, though I don't typically have her act upon it much. Serenity is nothing like most of Rose's other pets; she's calm and peaceful and gives off a good-natured vibe. Serenity's favorite thing to do is sit on top of other people's heads and operate as a sort of sporebat hat.): Image

Couple of "for fun" shots.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So I decided that I needed to work on my hunter, Katriona, because OMG do the new pets look amazing. xD I went on a bit of a taming spree; just grabbing new models as I come across them in order to see how I like them.

So far I'm really impressed with everything except the new Kaliri; I can't even bring myself to tame one of those because they look so wonky compared to the regular Kaliri owls.

Hydra (Unnamed atm; one hasn't come to me yet since this isn't the permanent color for Kat): Image
Oh my is this new hydra model everything I wanted in a hydra and didn't know about it. Old world hydras are cute, but I like this four-legged model so much better (and I quite like the sort of squished faces that most people hate xD). That swim animation man. <3

Skip: Image
Named for the way Rylaks move along the ground. I was really unsure about this species until I tamed that rare floating around Shadowmoon. I love him! And I just love how he runs along the ground (or skips/hops rather) instead of being annoying and flappy. Instant keeper for me as chimeras tend to bug me. Also I like his 5% haste + 10% stam buff; slow fall is a neat ability too. I think I'll get use out of it because I have a bad habit of falling from places I shouldn't be. >_>

Squishy: Image
New sporebat models. 'Nuff said pretty much. xD They're gorgeous.

Hangry: Image
The fiance is going to also get a riverbeast to name Hangry when he gets the xpac so we'll have the Hangry Hangry Hippos. :P I am just absolutely in love with these guys. <3

Stag (No name for now): Image
Talbuks are already gorgeous and the new ones are no exception. Very pretty color. Probably won't be permanent for Kat but he is nice to look at.

Ravager (Now abandoned): Image
I love ravagers and I was kind of hoping to see more models like the old ones pop up in WoD with cleaned up looks. I like these things, but they look more like they belong in the silithid family. (I'm pretty sure they're on the silithid skeleton.) Color not quite fitting for Kat either so he got returned to the wild.

Sam: Image
Can I just say how much I love the new toucans? xD They're so cute though I notice they suffer a tad from the seagull flying syndrome (must be the same skeleton). Sam fits right in with Kat though and I had fun using him.

Wasp (Now abandoned): Image
Gorgeous, gorgeous new color combo added for this model of wasp. Just not the right colors for Kat.

Stark (in his new form): Image
Totally thought I was going to get the silver skin of these wolves but I'm fully in love with this color from Shadowmoon. I'm just enamored with this new model overall. Very much love the new wolves. <3 I love how protective Stark looks in this shot. :P

Candid camera moments:
So the fiance likes to run up and hit my feign death button randomly because he thinks it's funny so I was aiming to take a profile shot of my stag. Turns out that he looks more like he murdered me and is trying to cover the evidence while giving the camera a look like "Back away before you're next." :lol:

Don't mess with Hangry; he'll eat you.

[/center]
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

I like those pictures, i never have been good at taking screenshots, but i do try it more now days. Good luck with your endavors.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks! I get a lot of crappy or meh shots too. I just try to play around with angles and posing. Sometimes I happen to get a shot that turns out great that I didn't even know I managed to get. (Happens a lot when you hit print screen a few times in a row; other times I get a series of only okay shots.) Some photos are made to look better by running them through a program like Photoshop (or Paint) and cropping them so that the attention is drawn where I want it.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I've been kinda bad about keeping Kat's pets up to date since I've been leveling her with the man's hunter, but I've started swapping her pets around for colors more suited to her stable theme.

Shriek: Image
I absolutely love this new raptor skin. <3

Dirk: Image
Non flappy carrion bird for the win!

Fluttershy: Image

Puppy: Image
Because new hydras make me think of them as 3 headed puppies. xD

Kit: Image
I call Katriona Kat so together they make KitKat.

Baratheon: Image
Replaced the neon purple talbuk for this handsome, silver fellow. I like his red horns. Decided to have him replace former Baratheon as well.

Thorn: Image

And not my hunter but Kil'uun is so pretty. Looks good with Volla too.

This is just a tease! I'd love a gnome hunter. xD

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Love these screenies :D glad to see that im not the only hunter insane person :D i wish we could have more alts on the same server as i dont like to play on different servers

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Baratheon and Stark have yet again changed skins. :lol:
ImageImage

[/center]