WoD tames

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: WoD tames

Unread post by Castile »

Here is Castilian and her new pet Icechip the Icehoof! I like how she almost snuggles up to her mount counterpart!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I really like those new clefthooves. I may have to get one. Icechip is a very cute name! :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Okay, I just gotta say that I think Phoenix is my favorite WoD pet so far. She's just so lovely, I can't help but want to have her out all the time. I also love her combat shriek. It just sounds pretty somehow, not obnoxious and screechy. Even though her size tends to get in the way, at the same time, I love it. She's practically the size of a mount!

Odd how sometimes we end up forming a bond with something we never expected. Nemo is my MoP pet, just some stag I found in the first zone, and now this pretty girl.

Attachments
Phoenix.jpg
Phoenix.jpg (210.32 KiB) Viewed 2983 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Very cool! I have the blue coloured one and I love her too :)

Shadowlands

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I tamed that one too, and while I agree that it is gorgeous, my eyes tend to favor the bronze and gold of Phoenix more. But I can't let Roc (my blue one) go, either. I take him out every once in a while, but usually not for long. Phoenix gives me sad eyes and I have to let her out again. :lol:

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I wanted a WoD ravager, because I like their look (never was a fan of the old ones). I tamed a red one, and immediately had a D: reaction to his back end... apparently the jiggling abdomen coupled with the stinger sets off my DONOTLIKEs. I immediately abandoned him. But while questing, I kept seeing various ravagers and kept really wanting one. So I went out and retamed my red one. I decided to name him the silliest name I could think of, to counter act his gross butt.

Meet Kissybear.

Scary, pointy, jiggle butt...

My hubby normally doesn't comment on my pets, but his remark about Kissybear was, "Your thing is creepy."
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Haha, that's funny because their butt doesn't even phase me. I think they just look too cool all around. I actually took another screen shot of Frostbite today, because I couldn't help but notice how pretty her colors are. She's not just a simple blue, but a neat and subtle mix of other colors. Huzzah!

I must say, I dislike the tails on the rylaks though. They remind me way too much of earwigs. As soon as I saw that, I abandoned it. Like you, I think I'm going to try to tame another one, perhaps another color that appeals to me enough that I can overlook its pincer-butt.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121314_031100.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121314_031100.jpg (179.4 KiB) Viewed 2983 times

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Rhyela wrote:Haha, that's funny because their butt doesn't even phase me. I think they just look too cool all around. I actually took another screen shot of Frostbite today, because I couldn't help but notice how pretty her colors are. She's not just a simple blue, but a neat and subtle mix of other colors. Huzzah!

I must say, I dislike the tails on the rylaks though. They remind me way too much of earwigs. As soon as I saw that, I abandoned it. Like you, I think I'm going to try to tame another one, perhaps another color that appeals to me enough that I can overlook its pincer-butt.

I really love the blue-green colors on that one!

It's just bizarre that I had that reaction - I'm usually not squeamish about bugs at all! I have a yellow silithid who has a wiggley butt and he doesn't bother me. I guess it's just the combination of the bright yellow contrasty color, the movement AND the stinger? LOL, I have no idea! But Kissybear is here to stay, because he's awesome looking, regardless. ;)
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Blargh, I've tamed so many things lately! :? Seems like having 50 slots is both a blessing and a curse. I love having the opportunity to tame so many creatures, but then I also tend to get carried away sometimes because.....well, why not? :lol:

In no particular order.....

Olaf - he has a very viking-like look to me, so he needed an equally viking-like name. I am really loving this guy. I can totally see them listening to viking metal together. :P

Reaver - I had a really hard time not choosing the bright green one over this one. However, since I already have Apollyon (King Krush), I figured I'd branch out and try another color. To be fair, I really do like his pretty red scales, and he still has green(ish-yellow) eyes. :) I've always wanted a raptor named Reaver, but the vanilla and BC models didn't do anything for me. I FINALLY have a raptor I like!

Strawberry - I said I was going to tame one of these, and so I did. I haven't used her much, but I don't have any plans to let her go, either. She makes the cutest little noises when I click on her! :3 I was originally going to use the name Bubblegum, but I thought Strawberry was cuter (regardless of whether or not her colors are strawberry-like).

(Unnamed) - I know I already have Frostbite, but OMG is this ravager gorgeous. I couldn't stop gawking at it when I tamed it. I haven't come up with a name yet, because I think I want something that sounds tropical, but I just don't know what yet. Do I need two ravagers? No. But hey, I have fifty slots, so why not? :D
Attachments
Olaf.jpg
Olaf.jpg (295.85 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Reaver.jpg
Reaver.jpg (363.53 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Strawberry.jpg
Strawberry.jpg (250.67 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Unnamed.jpg
Unnamed.jpg (323.44 KiB) Viewed 2983 times

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Rhyela wrote:Do I need two ravagers? No. But hey, I have fifty slots, so why not? :D
I have multiples of certain types, swapping them out depending on my mood and outfit. ;)
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

meet my new friend Snowflake.

and Feathers.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_122814_171243.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122814_171243.jpg (367.39 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
WoWScrnShot_122814_171155.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122814_171155.jpg (378.61 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Another plain pet i've bonded with - meet Shishigami! The red talbuk was just so lovely I had to get him. He's named after the forest spirit from Princess Mononoke and will be a long time companion. Also the start of my new mog on castilian <3

Shadowlands

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

This isn't the type of pet I'd usually go for, since 1) it's a worg-style wolf, and 2) I don't care for the saddles. However, I saw one of these running around in Nagrand and attacked it, realizing too late that it actually looked kinda cool. So I waited for a bit, and eventually found another one. I killed its master, then tamed it. Took me about a day to come up with a suitable name, but I settled on Grimjaw. I think I'll be hanging onto this guy, despite the fact that he also grumbles and chuffs constantly. But, I've got a hydra, so why not add another noisy pet to the stable? :lol: As an added bonus, he kinda matches my transmog! :D

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010915_000426.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010915_000426.jpg (276.39 KiB) Viewed 2983 times

Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Unread post by Baihu »

So I realized I'm liking all the 'clothed' beast models/skins, with armored and all the little accessories! Started with the Shattered Hand War Hound, and WoD provides a few more choices!

First is Brujah the Armored Rylak! Mad points if you know the reference with Googling!

For the next pet, I admit that I don't really need a new Wolf pet, since I still have pre-glitch-tame-nerf Oil-Stained Wolf and The Lone Hunter, but as an ode to the Shattered Hand Warhound of old, I decided to get one of the new Warsong Wolves in their nice armor and saddles.

I went for the one with no helmet, I thought it was excessive and crushes their ears!

His name is Padfoot, and originally I was going with Paddington because his saddle is...very paddy to me...but then, hey Harry Potter reference!

And last but not least, pretty much being my favourite new pet from WoD; Bjorn the big red armored clefthoof! If I can ever even SPOT Nakk, I can have a nice matching mount-pet set with Bjorn, but that's a bit of wishful thinking I believe.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I picked up a couple new pets today. Both were kill targets for the stable quests, and I liked how they looked so I tamed them as well. :)

This is Razer, named not after razor blades, but someone who razes things. I already have a red one named Reaver (so I have a naming theme going), but this blue was so pretty! And this is coming from someone who usually doesn't like blue (but oddly has tamed a lot of blue/black/white this expansion).

And this is Lannister, named after a very famous fictional family with blonde hair. I wasn't sure if I wanted to steal the name, but I kept coming back to it, so I figured what the hey. Personally, I think this creature is ugly as sin, but I think that's why I like it. XD

Attachments
Razer.jpg
Razer.jpg (296.29 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Lannister.jpg
Lannister.jpg (362.01 KiB) Viewed 2983 times

biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Unread post by biscitandchina »

Wow you have MUCH better naming talent then me(love the name padfoot as i love the harry potter books)
my best names i have are:
Ellie
Vespera the Kalari i think it means dawn

Thesslia a random name i made up for gara

And Frostshock my Loque'nahak
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Naming pets isn't a competition - your names are just as good as anyone else's, because they're your pets and the names mean something to you. Even random names still have meaning! The way I see it, the fact that a hunter even bothers to name his or her pet at all means that there's some sort of attachment to the creature. That is what makes it special, not how creative or unique it is. :)

Edit: I will say that names that are intentionally inappropriate or juvenile are an exception. I saw a hunter with a tiger whose name is slang for a woman's nether region, and I just had to shake my head. :|

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Rhy i loooove that raptor.. Tårnfalk has yet to settle on one she likes

Trying on one of the birdies from WoD

I adore its colors but hate the way it flies...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Thanks! I think I may actually keep just this one and let my red one go. I really bonded with the blue one, despite the fact that I traditionally don't pick blue pets. But there's just something about this one, being so bright and cheery. :) The red one seems a little more dull and "meh" to me.

I really like those birds too. It's not their flying that I have an issue with, but their size. I would feel guilty using it in a raid or dungeon since they're just so enormous that I fear they'd get in the way. Don't get me wrong, I think their size aesthetically-speaking is great, but I don't know if I would feel right using it.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I was doing a casual scan for Loque'nahak (since I abandoned him too long ago for Blizz to restore him), and on a whim decided to tame a wasp. I already have Princess Huhuran, but this particular blue and purple just struck me today for some reason. I named her Tanzanite, since that's what her colors remind me of.

I'm not sure if she's here to stay or not, but I like her well enough to keep her for now.

Edit: Just realized this probably isn't the right thread to post about a WotLK-era pet. :lol: If y'all want me to move it, I will.
Attachments
Rhyela & Tanzanite.jpg
Rhyela & Tanzanite.jpg (199.35 KiB) Viewed 2983 times