Hello!!! New-ish here!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Mystrinixx
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Hello!!! New-ish here!

Unread post by Mystrinixx »

Hey there! I am just coming back to WoW after three years. I started around 2009, then quit in Jan 2012. Have always played a hunter, mostly because I hate melee combat. Plus I loved the idea of having a pet to help me:) Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm female, but from some of the posts I've seen here and online, I don't really think it's a gender-based thing;)

I think the first pet I tamed was a cat, but the first one I went looking for to tame was Bjarn, the white bear near Iron Forge. I named him Matoskah (Sioux for "white bear"), and he was with me all the way up through around Level 70. Next was a small raptor, which I named Skittles. After that was a devilsaur, which I also named Skittles:) Matoskah still resides in my barn, and I've been roaming around looking for Arcturis the last couple of days to take his place in my main stable, but my main pet right now is Loque'nahak (named Junior after my real-life cat I had back then). I also have Gondria and Skoll. Skittles was always my main pet...now with the Spirit Beast benefit, he has moved into my #2 slot.

How on Earth to explain how we "bond" with our in-game pets, especially those hunter pets, right? My friends stopped playing WoW, which is why I stopped (nobody to play with), but I missed it, so I've come back and I'm finding it sort of fun to actually play alone, and the added benefit of hunter pets makes it feel like I DO have someone to play with LOL! When you really stop and think about it, even when you DO play with friends, there are still times when they're not around and you're soloing. In that respect, we spend a lot more time with our hunter pets than we even do with our friends, right? They accompany us wherever we go.

I LOVE the fact that the pets stay out now when you're mounted!!! So awesome to see them running beside me!!!
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: Hello!!! New-ish here!

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Welcome back! :)

I was so happy when they let Hunter pets run along side our mounts again. I too get quite attached to my pets, and so I like to see them by my character's side. I often have to bring out a vanity pet when I play a non-hunter, because it feels weird not having a "friend" running along with me at all times. ;)
Mystrinixx
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Unread post by Mystrinixx »

Haha, I do the same! I am almost as addicted to "vanity" (battle) pets as I am hunter pets. I'll admit, though, the only classes I've really done any significant leveling on are hunters, one shaman (who is Level 85), and a druid who is around 67? The druid is nice because it essentially can BE an animal, but my shaman always has a pet out:)
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Welcome! I hope you find all your hunterpet needs here ;D

I too am quite happy to see our pets running by our side again when we're mounted.. But it brings back memories of BC when they -stayed- out... Even when you flew.. Which means they'd fall to their deaths if you flew over the twisting nether xD Good times. Goooood times.

Siggy under construction!