Direhorn!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Direhorn!

Unread post by Rhyela »

I finally got one! The Ancient Tome of Dinomancy dropped relatively quickly. I think I might have had to kill 20 mobs? I also got the engineering journal, which is pretty cool.

Anyway! I was surprised to see how many people were on the island killing dinosaurs. Are they part of a rep grind or something? It took a while to find a direhorn that wasn't being slaughtered.

I ended up taming one of each color so I could compare. Red and blue were abandoned almost immediately; green was abandoned shortly after. The two I had the hardest time deciding between were brown and white. Brown has more color variety to me, in that it has green eyes and gray plating, etc. The white, on the other hand, looks a little more monochromatic.

However, it wasn't until I went to Darnassus to see them in other lighting that I was finally able to decide. I had been slightly leaning towards the white, because I just had a feeling about it, but seeing it in the temple there cemented it. :D

I haven't come up with a name yet, but I'm toying with Xanthic (means something having a yellowish color). I'm sure something will come to me.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012215_193704.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_193704.jpg (264.79 KiB) Viewed 667 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_193601.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_193601.jpg (265.17 KiB) Viewed 667 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_195406.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_195406.jpg (186.49 KiB) Viewed 667 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.