An Unexpected Tame

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

An Unexpected Tame

Unread post by Rhyela »

The life of a hunter is oftentimes filled with adventure, sometimes more so than other classes. We camp, track and hunt our quarry. Sometiems we sit for hours or days, waiting for that special beast. Or, sometimes we track footprints until we go blind. This tame was none of those things, lol.

What started out as a circle around Sholazar for Loque'nahak turned into a huge detour. I can't get L'n reinstated, since I let him go a long time ago. I've been doing very casual searches, doing a circle around his spawn points every once in a while. I've been feeling more and more aggravated lately, however, because there are always so many other hunters there, too. If it weren't for CRZ, I'd be the only person in the basin. But, I digress.

At the last spawn point I checked, I un-mounted and did a pet battle for kicks. I then noticed a lone gorilla just plodding around the area. He got too close and aggroed, so I feigned and just kinda looked at him. I don't have any gorillas or monkeys right now, and I don't really have anything against them, so I figured what the heck, I'll tame him.

Well, once he moseyed to my side, I noticed that this particular skin has a brown patch of color on the bum that makes me think of poo. It's kinda gross, lol. So, I decided to check out other colors. I went through the portal to Un'goro, and headed to Fungal Rock. Uhk'loc was up, but I was out of active stable room. I went into the cave to look at the red and gray ones, and decided I wanted to tame one of each to check them out before settling on one. So, I flew to two hubs in the area, but neither had a stable master. So, I had to fly allll the way to Tanaris and Gadgetzan to get some space. Sadly, by the time I got back, Uhk'loc had been killed, but I did tame U'cha (red gorilla) as well as a gray one.

I then headed all the way to Ratchet in The Barrens so I could take the boat to Booty Bay to do my pet battle quest. While in the area, I also picked up a white gorilla (with the orange face). I looked for Tsul'Kalu, but he wasn't up. Finally, I finished with all my pet stuff and headed back to Stormwind. I summoned each gorilla to get a good look. It ultimately came down to red or the original black one I tamed, but in the end, the black one just had more personality. I don't know if it's because he was with me a little longer (like maybe an hour, lol), or because of that horrible brown spot on his rear, but I was already kind of attached to him.

So, I abandoned the others and kept the black one. I didn't get Loque'nahak, but I did have an adventure all the same. And so I present my newest stable family member, Poobah. (From "poo butt", hehe.)

Attachments
Poobah.jpg
Poobah.jpg (244.61 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
Poobah's Poo Bum.jpg
Poobah's Poo Bum.jpg (186.84 KiB) Viewed 1190 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: An Unexpected Tame

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I love the gorillas. I had one way back in Vanilla on my very first Hunter - a female dwarf. She had a red one named BigRed. I adored how huge he seemed next to her, and his doofy animations were endearing. Maybe I'll go grab another for nostalgia's sake.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: An Unexpected Tame

Unread post by Rhyela »

Do eet! A red one would match your theme, too! ;)

Yeah, I don't really get the gorilla hate. Well, hate probably isn't the right word, but I know a lot of people aren't too fond of them. They aren't the prettiest beast, to be sure, but they do have a lot of personality. I have the white one with the blue face on another hunter; his name's Buddy, and he's her go-to pet for everything.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.