Show Off Your Legion-Era Tames!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Show Off Your Legion-Era Tames!

Unread post by Rhyela »

I promise I searched for an existing thread! I didn't see one though, so here we go! "Legion-Era" since this is technically before Legion, but I'm counting it as all the same.

I just re-subbed and naturally, had to go out and try out some new pets. I only ended up with two for now, but I'm sure there will be more. :)

I've always liked the shoveltusks, despite their strange faces. I settled on the darkest color and named him Dozer. Initially, he was going to be Tank, but I didn't want a tank named Tank. Seemed kinda...lame. So, I went with Dozer, since my brain went to Tank and Dozer from The Matrix. I must say, I love how the shoveltusks run! It's so cute!

I've only been wanting stegodons tamable since forever, so I ran out and grabbed one of each color (except the light green rare one which I couldn't find). I expected to like green or beige the best, but for whatever reason, I really like the pink one. As of right now, it has no name, but I think I'm going to name it Leggo. L'eggo my stego. *gigglesnort* *gets slapped with copyright infringement*

I'd love to see everyone else's!
Attachments
Dozer.jpg
Dozer.jpg (171.02 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Stegodon.jpg
Stegodon.jpg (254.13 KiB) Viewed 5529 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Show Off Your Legion-Era Tames!

Unread post by Teigan »

I have more planned for Legion, and I know the bear isn't really Legion, but bear's makeover is, so he's in :)
Also, I love your shoveltusk!

From left to right: Wisent (named for the European woods buffalo, since minus the horns, they look like a buffalo), Incense because grummies, Sooty, Sungrass and Fifi (after the blue mushan on Sunsong Ranch)

And I almost forgot mechanicals!

Here are Ricochet, Tekton and Nutz

Zappertail, Beakon and Ohtu

Primer, Highbeams, and Gnomore

Attachments
legiontames.jpg
legiontames.jpg (411.62 KiB) Viewed 2389 times
ricochet.jpg
ricochet.jpg (207.42 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
zapper.jpg
zapper.jpg (217.1 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
striders.jpg
striders.jpg (260.59 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Been playing and absolutely loving my little gnome hunter! She's only 42 but has actually and amazingly completed her stables! This is mainly because I only wanted mechanical pets for her. She doesn't trust fleshy creatures. Too unreliable. Anyway, aside from having the perfect starter pet, there were only four others that fit her style.

NUTZ took quite a few tries (too low for aspect of the turtle) until I realized that survival was the easiest way to tame him. I mean silly easy considering how many times I died trying the other two specs. Tekton of course was super easy from my experience with NUTZ. The only truly difficult one to tame was the mechanostider! I can't remember having to work so hard to get a pet aside from rarity. This one took me a few hours all because of the RNG to get the yellow punch card and the weapon. The rest was cake (I did this at 42 so it was easy enough to solo the place)

Been quite a while since I had a hunter with only 5 pets :lol:
Also I wish that mechanostrider was an actual mount coloring in game. It would be so perfect for my gnome!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_073016_020928.jpg
WoWScrnShot_073016_020928.jpg (211.93 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
WoWScrnShot_073016_165316.jpg
WoWScrnShot_073016_165316.jpg (189.43 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
WoWScrnShot_073016_165407.jpg
WoWScrnShot_073016_165407.jpg (197.06 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
WoWScrnShot_073016_165249.jpg
WoWScrnShot_073016_165249.jpg (311.47 KiB) Viewed 5529 times

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Helewyse
Realm: Anachronos-EU

Unread post by Helewyse »

Serenith wrote: Image
That's adorable :D

So far I have:

From left to right - Tuskington the Shoveltusk, Yakult the Yak and Thoklet the Thok (terrible at coming up with names, I know :P )
Image Image Image

and just this evening a lovely furry brown kodo who still needs a name...
Image Image
To be honest, I'm not sure if he likes me :lol:
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Wow! You guys have been busy! I'm loving all the shoveltusk love. ❤

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thoklet is the best name ever! XD

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Is it me or does Thok seem bigger than other Devilsaurs could be her armor or it could be she really is bigger either way the best tame I ever got.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Is your hunter buried in that pic somewhere? :lol:

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

My little gnome and Optimo (and friends)

I named them (Optimo) Rocket.

And Nutz

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

More gnome hunters! Gah they are so cute! :D

cerpin
Realm: moonguard

Unread post by cerpin »

Here's Furfur, my shoveltusk. I've always loved these guys since wotlk, so I'm glad they're finally tameable!

I saw a wolvar chasing him around outside of the wild shoveltusk pen, so of course I had to rescue him in particular. He's good luck - we went through Vortex Pinnacle a few times together and I got the drake!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Excuse the horrid clothes, I haven't gotten round to transmogging anything yet!

Rasariel and Alice. Had to go start the quest on a character that didn't have it and quickly relog Ras, so I could tame her. Luckily it worked!

Dawnwind with Anpaytoo. I really, really, really love this model. Seems it's easily the favourite among us Petopians, judging by the pictures. I'd love to see some other kodo tames too!

Lazuli and Bijou. Bijou is essentially my old crane reborn as a mushan. I didn't intend for her to be a precious diva, but it happened anyway. :lol:

Garshanga with Caliban and Sycorax.
ImageImage

Mozag and Hex. I've wanted a bear for Mozag for years, but none ever fit until now.

Ashanaa and Hyyde. I love how affectionate Hyyde usually is. Unlike my other pets, she seems to want to stand ON TOP of Ash most of the time.

Lindorindel and Mormegil.

And finally, Eadgyth and Rage.
Attachments
Alice.png
Alice.png (423.33 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Anpaytoo.png
Anpaytoo.png (623.66 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Bijou.png
Bijou.png (601.17 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Caliban.png
Caliban.png (516.25 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Hex.png
Hex.png (386.67 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Hyyde.png
Hyyde.png (469.56 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Mormegil.png
Mormegil.png (982 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Rage.png
Rage.png (574.37 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Sycorax.png
Sycorax.png (498.74 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

It's awesome seeing some other shoveltusk colors! Seems the dark one is the favorite here. I tried out the other colors too, but the black one is the one that stuck. And I LOVE your stegodon! Although I may be biased as I love all stegodons. ^.^

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I know I'm kind of late to the game, but I sent my lowbie Goblin hunter off to see about some mechanical tames. The trip to Dun Morogh can get a little dangerous for a Hordie when you're below level 20. It's even worse only having two pet slots and having to hearth back to town to get to a stablemaster then make the trip again. There was a long wait for Rabbot to spawn. Optimo wasn't up when I got down to his cave, but he spawned within 10 or 15 minutes. After two trips out there, I didn't feel like going back yet again for one of the 'plain' mechanostriders in Optimo's cave.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

You're not late! There's a whole lotta Legion to explore. :D

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been on holiday so I haven't had much of a chance to do things in game for a while, but I'm finally getting back to it.

I think I might have posted a couple of these on another thread, but I'll put them here too.

Firstly is my new green core hound. I already have a red one and the Chromaggus one, but Veph just needed the green one for aesthetics. He's kind of become my Legion/invasion companion I think. I named him 'Felbane' as a quick temporary thing because I don't like running around with nameless pets, but I actually think it might stick. He's my demon slaying buddy. :)

Then I had to go out and tame one of the new silithid models. I'm really fond of the plain purple one, and this tame is particularly unique because it marks Veph's very first female pet. For some reason she has always had an all-male stable, but this one felt decidedly female. I'm still waiting for the perfect name to come to me, but I'm sure it will eventually!

And lastly there's Darkhide, who I kept the name of. I'm not sure if anyone remembers how much I was pining for mushans back in the MoP beta, specifically this guy. I admit, some of that enthusiasm has curbed because of how long the wait was, but I'm still very happy to finally have him join my stables.

Oh, and I don't think I talk about him too much over here, but my RP character Cas picked up the beautiful new raven model. :) (he is a bird lover <3) It's just so nice and I adore it, though my one critique might be that I wish it was a bit smaller like the old ravens. I used the size glyph on it since those are individual per pet now (which is fantastic) and it definitely helped a bit.

I think that's it for now, at least until the actual expansion drops. I also went and retamed my bear Grudge as his original model since the new one really didn't click for me, but that's not really a "new" tame. I don't think I'll be too interested in the mechanical pets, at least not for Veph. The oxen are cute but also not really for her, though I'm tempted to pick up the woolly kodo because I love the new model so much. Maybe on an alt though. And maybe a mana wyrm! I haven't decided yet. :)
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think Felbane is a great name! And I'm with you on the scalehides...I wanted the stegodons for so long! But now that they're available, I'm just not as thrilled as I thought I'd be. Their models are so outdated now, and there's probably very little chance they'll get a cool family ability since those are more or less scrapped. So while I really like mine, I'm just not as "yay!" about it as I would have been an expansion or two ago. :(

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I started Highmountain today and had to pick up the black moose first thing. While I did tame Bulvinkel for fun, he didn't really click with me (or Veph) so I ended up letting him go, but this guy here is a keeper I think! I named him Hudson and I just love him so far. :)

I also stumbled upon the awesome purple basilisks last night so I picked one of those up too! Still deciding on a name for him, but I really dig the colours! (though I do wish the art team had picked some contrasting colours for the eyes, most of the Legion basilisk models have eyes that just blend in with their skin and it gives them kind of a flat lifeless look, but oh well :c)

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

That is a very handsome moose! Cute name, too! And I agree with you on the basilisks, so maybe that's why I was drawn to the dark blue one (although I'd love to find the fel green one). Pics coming from me tonight!

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Moose cuddles with Themis

And my unexpected tame today, Rocket , being adorable. I love these wolves, they look like collies!

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730