Obligatory Pre-Patch Tames Thread~

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Obligatory Pre-Patch Tames Thread~

Unread post by Krysteena »

I figured a new thread might be a good idea for the pre-patch tames and updates that have happened, seeing as these aren't really Legion-era and I don't want to dump screenshots in a random thread, ya dig? I wanna see new tames you guys have made and even updated pets, whether you love them or hate them, because I'm a sucker for this sort of thing and I really want somewhere to put my screenshots :lol:

I'll start off with Zereketh, the white demon dog who got a beautiful update and then decided he didn't want to spawn for a good 5 hours despite religiously killing the mob he's tied to. I really like him on the coyote skeleton and a couple of unique howls that they've also given him. I know some really aren't happy with this update but I'm all for it, personally. Screenshots don't do this boy justice. Nor do they show how very bright white he can be in the right light. It hurts.

Second is Sombre (pronounced 'Somber') who is definitely not the Somber I was hoping to tame, but I couldn't deny him a place in Krys' stable because of how beautiful he is. He's been running around with me in BGs whilst I get used to BM feeling even clunkier than it already did and although tenacity absolutely isn't the best PvP spec, I don't mind. Mostly because he's pretty. Also because he's mastered the 'oh really?' look that Krys sometimes gives.

I've got a hyena to try out, as well as screenshots of my bear to get, but it's late and I'm tired so-- I'll do my best to comment on your pets when you post them, but I have an awful habit of doing good for a bit, getting drawn away for a few days, and then when I get back around to it I feel too awkward because of the time gap. That being said, I've got no college to get swamped by anymore so that shouldn't happen.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Obligatory Pre-Patch Tames Thread~

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I love so many of the spiders that I've been in the habit of changing out which spider I have on a regular basis. Now that we have so many stable slots, I can have multiple spiders! I've had a barbed spider before, but I decided I wanted to get one again because of the new model. I like how the color looks different from different angles, and while it's smaller that the gracile spiders, I still think it's a good size:

I tamed three different frogs before I decided on the green one, which I knew was the color I loved best, but that's beside the point :)

Don't have pictures because I will be replacing them, but I also tamed a pterrordax and diemetradon. I've also spent some time with my boring beetle, larva, and spider mite, as their models have changed.
Attachments
Nias (2).png
Nias (2).png (865.91 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I've been waiting for a thread like this. :) I had three tames I've been hyped for, and I was actually able to grab them on patch day during the brief window of time I was able to get on the game.

First up is Shadow, who went unnamed for a day, and I'm still not sure if his current name will stick or not.

Lunaire got Mesmerize, whose name breaks the French theme I had going, but I wanted to name her manarunner after the creature from the Final Fantasy series. I've had this girl active since I tamed her and I love her to bits. These unicorns have so much personality!

Last, but definitely not least is a tame I've yearned for since Vanilla. I ended up dusting off my kaiju themed hunter, Dejanira, and had her parked in Un'Goro so she could finally grab Rodan. The pic was taken in the Badlands because I was camping Needlefang at the time, as my original Biollante had her colors switched up on me. And for those who are curious, that's Mothra (Dustwing) in the background, as I was giving Animal companion a try. :)
Attachments
Nightmare.jpg
Nightmare.jpg (234.01 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
LunaireMesmerize.jpg
LunaireMesmerize.jpg (327.21 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Rodan.jpg
Rodan.jpg (713.02 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Re-posted from the other thread:
Just a Hunter and her new unicorn companion... "Ember."

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Relaxing by the lake with two new friends these guys were big on beta and still are my hope is they remain this size.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

SAILS!
Image :mrgreen:

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

GormanGhaste
That's a big ol' spider with them spikes absolutely everywhere, but the colouring is really pretty! The frog is also a very nice addition and they're weirdly cute? I don't usually find frogs cute but that one has such love in the eyes, bless~

Falconcrest
A unicorn was the first pet I tamed when the patch dropped, too :) Shadow and Mesmerize are beautiful (tbh I need to try the Manarunner on Vyonne but I'll get around to it) and Rodan matches really well with Mothra~ My kaiju knowledge is linked mostly to Pacific Rim but shh. Also, I want to apologise for never getting to responding to that other thread we posted back and forth it :') I, uh, left it a bit too long. That being said: Lynxfang is 10/10 with that transmog (I'm a real fan of simpler looks tbh) and Iskar was my favourite Arakkoa NPC. Reshad shares the top spot, though, and he didn't daddle with the fel so--

Kalasta
I love that Ember matches your hunter's transmog, especially the little flames on the bow with the flames (or whatever you call them) on Ember, who is very suitably named :)

Iowawolf and Rawr
Hope you don't mind the single comment but to save repeating myself: Those sails are absolutely huge! :lol: I didn't realise how big those guys were but apparently the answer is 'very big, 99% sail'
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

My main's is named SAIL, but I can't name my alts that for some reason, so I named them Runehide. :mrgreen:

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Got my passive-aggressive goth birb Nevermind.
I wuv him!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Nevermind looks greatly displeased by anything and everything and I love him :lol: I'll have to pick one of those ravens up at some point, the pure black model looks gorgeous~
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

My raven is named Poe. She's been with me since MoP, though her named was Lenore for a while, and Nevermind for a while, of course haha. I love how much her model has improved over the years

I have heard these are not as large now. Well, at least I have this screenshot, and I'll love him even if he's shrunk :)

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_072118_031106.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072118_031106.jpg (310.02 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
eyelicker.jpg
eyelicker.jpg (281.94 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I tamed Chillfang because I thought I'd give bats another shot because of the family changes. I think I'm stuck with him now and his name is Strawberry. No, I don't know why. It probably has something to do with sleep deprivation, though, kind of like why I have a pet cockroach named Mattress that I really can't explain. But the Skygoat is pleased and thinks I am good hunter.

Attachments
strawberry and skygoat.jpg
strawberry and skygoat.jpg (244.04 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
WoWScrnShot_071718_182444.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071718_182444.jpg (573.88 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
WoWScrnShot_071718_184411.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071718_184411.jpg (274.12 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
WoWScrnShot_071718_205356.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071718_205356.jpg (316.26 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
WoWScrnShot_071818_030017.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071818_030017.jpg (402.61 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

My NB hunter got two new pets, hyenas. Named Fang and Claw.

ImageImage

and my main got a pretty unicorn.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."