Atum, the Emberspit Scorpion

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Beviah
Realm: Illidan

Atum, the Emberspit Scorpion

Unread post by Beviah »

I wanted to take a moment and share this.

I've stepped away from World of Warcraft for close to a year, and only recently made my return. For this time, I left towards the end of Draenor, occasionally logging in a few days a month, playing very casually, the whole thing. I found another game to play, which was Smite. I played semi-professionally, and dumped well over 1,000 hours into the game. It was a fantastic experience in all aspects, but -- I left my team out of frustration and not enough effort (I felt) to move forward to qualify for professional tournaments. This is roughly the same time I started coming back to WoW again.

A few days prior to this event with the Dreamway and Firelands Pup and Scorpids, I was thinking about the Oozeling from Wrath of the Lich King and how I missed out, my thoughts exactly were "It's so unlikely for Blizzard to create something similar to that, it's been years since their last major screw up with pets and the grubs, thankfully I got that, but I wish I had something else." Lo and behold, these two were discovered, and unfortunately for me, I had figured this out at 10PM EST (roughly 5-6 hours after the original post) and the hotfix was already put out. Still, I tried anyway. I was summoned, and began looking frantically, beast-loring everything in sight, I was under a lot of stress because I was desperate, and to no avail on the server I was summoned on. I checked my original server, and nothing either.

I started to give up, but I figured I'd scan group-finder again, and I stumbled across one group, and they had said there were only 5 left on their server. They had even marked the tameable ones. I rushed in, and so happened to get the second to last one on that server, and I almost died for it too. My hunter barely had an 800 ilvl because he was a fresh 110, and stopped playing him afterwards.

So not only is this a huge step for me, as a hunter, I've been playing for a considerable amount of time, and this was my first and original character on my account, (I started playing at launch in Vanilla) and to finally have a pet, what's more a skin that I've wanted since the Majordomo Staghelm files were data-mined on MMO-Champion, to manage to get my hands on one of the last of these scorpids in existence is really a feeling of relief, sure I missed out on the pups, but - this scorpid has taken my spot as my most prized pet in my stable.

I have officially named him Atum, named after the Egyptian God of Fire, Creation, and Judgement.

I wanted to thank you all, both Petopians and the WoW community alike for helping me get this scorpid. You are the reason why I have this pet, and rediscovering the joy of playing my Hunter again.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday (if you so choose to celebrate) or day, either way, thank you all, sincerely.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Atum, the Emberspit Scorpion

Unread post by Vephriel »

What a wonderful post! :) I'm so happy that you were able to catch one of your dream pets! <3 That's a fantastic choice of name.
Beviah

Unread post by Beviah »

Thank you Vephriel. I really appreciate it. :)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

You put a lot of work into your scorpions name, I just named mine after my favorite thing to do with fire, shish kabob. :mrgreen:

Beviah

Unread post by Beviah »

Rawr wrote:You put a lot of work into your scorpions name, I just named mine after my favorite thing to do with fire, shish kabob. :mrgreen:
LOL - hey, I don't judge, 99% sure that you might be one of the few people with a pet name like that. :lol: