So Happy! Yet So Sad.

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

So Happy! Yet So Sad.

Unread post by Varethyn »

I can never resist going after rare pets for long, especially when they've only recently been added/discovered. I'd been chasing Lightning Paw for quite some time after it was figured out where she is but every bush had a hunter hiding in it. So I ended up giving up there. Fast-forward to when Gon and the Spectral Gryphon were found. I'd gone to investigate the gryphon as it was the first of the two only to, once again, find others already waiting. However one of them gave me the handy tip about Gon and I'm pretty sure I was realm-first to tame him. At first I freaked out and instantly named him after his wild name, but decided it didn't work. He is now Torquil, which not only sounds awesome but also means "Thor's Cauldron" which I find fitting given his dark-blue colour.

I tried on the gryphon again but, as with several people here, had the issue of campers and trolls so once again had to give up. Fast-forward again to a couple days ago. I was about to log over to my demon hunter to run BT for the glaives again only to be hit with curiosity. Along the way to Stormwind I checked Duskwood. I bumped into Elysia (lightning-struck) in the bush by the road. I'd had that name planned for her ever since I learned about her.

And finally made it Stormwind... and found absolutely no one there and the feather available. Upon flying in there was a group of Alliance nearby who I'd not noticed behind a wall which made me panic, however it turned out they were all level 60. Tried again, popped the feather... one of them ran over when the gryphon spawned. Worried that someone was coming I took my chances, tamed the gryphon and jumped into the canals. I have to say, I'm surprised how taken I am with Philomena (courage). Initially I was going to name it after Varian but thought it'd be too corny after all.

Now. "Why the sadness?" you might be asking. I main Survival nowadays meaning I can't use any of my new beasties. It saddens me greatly given how much effort and thrill went into getting the three of them. I am working on Titanstrike in preparation for feathemanes so they get to come out when I'm doing that, otherwise they must stay in the stables. And no, before anyone calls me out on it I am not complaining in that the exotic tag shouldn't be a thing :P Having played BM up until Legion I now know both sides of that argument. I'm just disappointed in myself for taming them knowing I can't use them often. Why, me? Why torture yourself over pixel pets like this? :lol:

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: So Happy! Yet So Sad.

Unread post by Lupis »

Oooh, great tames and I like the names you chose for them! Philomena especially seems very fitting for such a soft-looking and pretty bird. cat. birdcat.

As for the sad- boy do I feel you there. :,D My two hunters are MM and Surv respectively and I've yet to have any interest in playing BM this expac, but holy cow, the urge to check around for these new pretty SBs is strong. I'm having a super hard time resisting the call of that gryphon especially, but I know I'd just stick the poor thing in the stables. ...But it's so pretty.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm in the exact same boat. Nabbed all three and...Rhyela is SV. :lol: I couldn't resist them, though! Especially Gon. Congrats on your tames! And you came up with great names!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Is the sign up for the sad club held here? Main Lone Wolf MM here :D
Although I still bring my non-exotics to World Quests and old content now and then, I miss those who are stuck in the stables.

Congratulations on the tames, and awesome names!
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Joining the club, as a Survival! Congratulation on the tames tho' :D Maybe BM will get your fancy again next expansion