Share your ~level-scaled world~ tames! [img heavy]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Share your ~level-scaled world~ tames! [img heavy]

Unread post by Falcon »

Yes, indeed it is. XD Thank you, I'm really happy you think so! I really appreciate that, thank you, but here's hoping that if the change goes through, it won't be all that bad. :)

And I, uh, lied again. Lunaire ended up walking out of Winterspring with two unexpected and currently unnamed girls.

(Edit: Her dragonhawk is now Givre (frost), no personality as of yet, however.)
First up is this lovely girl, who I felt guilty about not including in my list of planned tames with her overseas brother. I've always had a soft spot for Manas ever since she was introduced as a tamable mob, and I view her and Sunwing as being twins.

(Edit: Her worm is now Congère (snowdrift), as she's adorable and I wanted a more cute name to reflect that.)
Second is this little fluffworm. While having to close portals and deal with a mana-crazed lunatic, Lunaire saw this girl huddling at the back of the cavern and felt bad for how terrified the poor worm looked, so she decided to take her in and care for her. And little Cirigosa is yet another unexpected surprise that decided to drop off of a bear this morning while I was doing the Goodgrub quest-line. I'd forgotten that they changed the azure whelpling to be a world drop in Winterspring. o_O

I'll edit this post once these two pets are named. :) Also, Lunaire's level 60, which means only one thing...

Freaking finally!
Attachments
LunaireManas.jpg
LunaireManas.jpg (326.08 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Floofworm.jpg
Floofworm.jpg (193.22 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Flyingfinally!.jpg
Flyingfinally!.jpg (480.66 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ayy, I'm glad to see that Lunaire can finally fly! Her two newest pets are looking gorgeous, and congrats with the blue whelpling dropping, that's some crazy luck alongside the Manas spawn for Givre! :D I've tried to get that variant for Vyonne and Krys before and despite the low-key camping I've never once seen Manas dead or alive in Winterspring. Definitely some luck going on there, congrats again! :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Hehe, thank you! :) Yeah, the whelpling dropping made me do a double-take. XD Thank you, and I'm sorry Manas is so hard to find on your server, have you been checking back periodically?

And upon arriving in and doing some errands around Zangarmarsh, Lunaire stumbled upon Cosmique (cosmic) here. I've always liked the nether rays, and the purple and silver are my favorite colors. I have an idea planned for this girl, but it won't be able to come into play until Lunaire gets to Argus.
Attachments
LunaireCosmique.jpg
LunaireCosmique.jpg (157.5 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You're welcome, and it's okay, I've been checking every now and again to see if he's up and keeping my fingers crossed :) Cosmique is looking great alongside Lunaire, I'm happy to see that nether rays are getting some love, too :D I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out on the story for her~
Ade
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Ade »

Loving the pictures and backstory for all the pets. Keep it up :D
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thanks, guys! :) Krys, I hope you'll be able to get Manas one day!

Lunaire's now 68, but I'm staying in Outland till she hits 70 because I hate going to Northrend early. She also got her planned Outland tame yesterday, this lovely talbuk who's proving to be rather hard at finding a name for at the moment. I've always liked the Outland talbuks the most out of all three variations.

Edit: His name is now Fierté (pride). After running around with him a bit, he's got a bit of a 'I do what I want' streak, and that's caused a few close calls, but he's great at taking foes down quickly. Also added a better pic of them. :)
Attachments
LunaireBach'lor.jpg
LunaireBach'lor.jpg (504.61 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
LunaireBach'lor2.jpg
LunaireBach'lor2.jpg (336.05 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thank you, I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D Fierté is a very pretty boy and his colour scheme really matches Lunaire!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

You're welcome, I wish I could bring you to Silver Hand. Manas is up a good amount of time whenever I go check on her. :(

Thank you, I'm really happy you think so! And upon reaching Northrend, Lunaire ran into this lovely girl. No name for her as of yet, though.

(Edit: Her moth has been named Éveillé (alert), as she watches over Lunaire and her stablemates like the protective broodmother she is.)
I decided to tame her as an alternative to killing her in order to get the egg quest, and I've always wanted a moth for Lunaire, but none of the blue or purple ones really felt right and I never once gave Aspatha the Broodmother any thought until I saw her in the wild and noticed just how pretty she is.
Attachments
LunaireAspatha.jpg
LunaireAspatha.jpg (172.64 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Last edited by Falcon on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It's okay, one day I'll catch Manas and get lucky with him :) currently there's a lot of people levelling in Winterspring so I reckon Manas isn't up long before being killed or tamed depending. Ah well, one day :'D

Lunaire's moth is really pretty, and I can offer a few names even though I'm lowkey useless with them :lol: 'Papillon' means butterfly in French, and I guess the moth is as close as we'll get to butterflies in WoW so :') 'Doux' means soft, which the colours of the girly seem to be. 'Cendre' means ash, which I believe assosicates with the area that she's found in, what with the mini volcano looking things? Idk, I'm just throwing things out at this point :lol:
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I hope so. :) That's crazy, I hardly saw anybody in Winterspring while leveling Lunaire there. o_O Thank you and thank you so much for the name suggestions! None of them jump out at me for her moth, unfortunately, but Cendre did jump out at me for a future tame Lunaire will hopefully be able to get in Hyjal, so I have that one noted down, thank you again! :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Maybe when the excitement of levelling dies down a bit Winterspring will grow quiet on my realm :') You're welcome, I'm happy to have helped at least a little with the names, and I look forward to seeing who Cendre will be when you come to it :D
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I hope so. :) I really appreciate it, if you ever have any more suggestions for names later on, feel free to bounce them off me!

Lunaire's now 77 and in Sholazar, where she grabbed her planned tame and ran into a very unexpected surprise.

First up is Saphir (sapphire), Lunaire's new wasp. My year-long break from WoW made me forget how loud the boss wasp vocalizations are, so it startled me as I wear headphones. XD Still, they're my favorite wasp model by far with their adorable faces, and given how much wasps terrify me off-game, I'm happy that these ones exist.

And said unexpected surprise was Lunaire stumbling upon the King of the Basin himself. While I was questing this morning, I had that feeling that one of the Sholazar rares would be up, but I wasn't sure who until I happened to see a bright green dino butt near the Glimmering Pillar. I managed to tame him on my second attempt when the first attempt failed, due to Lunaire being feared, and he's now named Destin (destiny) and he absolutely does not fit in with Lunaire's color theme at all but, damn it, I love this dino. ♥ Lunaire's reason for taking him in after earning his respect is to protect him from Nesingwary and his goons, seeing as he's the only devilsaur in the Basin.
Attachments
LunaireSaphir.jpg
LunaireSaphir.jpg (286.49 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
LunaireKrush.jpg
LunaireKrush.jpg (393.6 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Falconcrest wrote: And said unexpected surprise was Lunaire stumbling upon the King of the Basin himself. While I was questing this morning, I had that feeling that one of the Sholazar rares would be up, but I wasn't sure who until I happened to see a bright green dino butt near the Glimmering Pillar. I managed to tame him on my second attempt when the first attempt failed, due to Lunaire being feared, and he's now named Destin (destiny) and he absolutely does not fit in with Lunaire's color theme at all but, damn it, I love this dino. ♥ Lunaire's reason for taking him in after earning his respect is to protect him from Nesingwary and his goons, seeing as he's the only devilsaur in the Basin.
Congratulations!

It took me weeks to tame that big green fella back in the day. I finally got him when I flew out over the Basin after a raid, just for the heck of it. He's one of those pets I'll never let go.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

If I can think of anything then I'll definitely let you know :) Saphir is really cute, which is something I never thought I'd say about wasps but there we go :') Also, congratulations on King Krush! It's one of the best feelings to come across a rare pet whilst just running around, and even if the colours don't match Lunaire, they're definitely very striking :D I do love the vibrant greens that he's got going on~
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thanks, you two! And, Krys, that would be great. :) Lunaire's actually the third hunter I have him on and the other two who have him always will, as I love him too much to ever let him go. Even after years of not being in Sholazar, seeing him in the wild and taming him still gives me that same adrenaline rush and leaves me shaking with excitement afterwards.

Lunaire's now 81, and I ended up with another tame on her before leaving Northrend. I've always liked the ghostly hydra but never really had a hunter I felt would work well with the appearance until now. Say hello to Esprit (spirit). :) I'm so happy that the Oracles daily needed to spawn her was up today.

"What do you think's in there?"
"I bet it's food!"
"There's no way there's food in there, knucklehead!"
"Don't call me knucklehead, eel-lips!"
Lunaire sighs and shakes her head at them.

Lunaire's first planned tame for Cataclysm is this boy, Saumure (brine). I quested up till I got access to the seahorse mount before I set off to get him, and I'm happy to finally have him. I love warp stalkers, their inquisitive and playful idle animations are some I've always found rather endearing. Screenshot taken in Sholazar because I hearthed out of Vashj'ir as soon as Saumure tamed because I'm not really a fan of that zone, as pretty as it is.
Attachments
LunaireEsprit.jpg
LunaireEsprit.jpg (385.6 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
LunaireSaumure.jpg
LunaireSaumure.jpg (392.4 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You're welcome~ Esprit is a gorgeous hydra, the ghostly white skin, alongside the normal white skin, is one of my favourites of that model. Hydras as always fun to have, what with their constant arguing with their other heads :lol: I also love the name - it was one that I also considered using on Vyonne for Acenath, but it didn't fit as well. It definitely fits your girly, and Saumure is a handsome boy indeed! :D
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thank you, and I agree that both versions of the white skin for old world hydras is pretty nice looking. They definitely are and it's kind of a shame that the four legged hydras don't really argue amongst themselves. That's neat that you were considering naming Acenath Esprit originally, I'm sorry it didn't really fit. And thank you again! :)

Not a new tame, but I wanted to share screenshots of something that really made me laugh this morning. Oh, Saumure, you silly warpie, you.

"WHEEE~"
Attachments
LeapingLizard.jpg
LeapingLizard.jpg (570.63 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
LeapingLizard2.jpg
LeapingLizard2.jpg (575.57 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It is, the older models have much more personality to them than their updated counterparts. And it's okay, I always find my planned tames never quite work as I anticipate :lol: You're welcome~

Saumure is one.. majestic warp stalker, if I've ever seen one :lol:
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Agreed 100%, as pretty as the newer hydras are, they just don't measure up to the oldies and I know how that can be, hehe. A good number of my planned tames tend to end up going in a different direction as well when it comes to personality, so it never feels right for me to set such in stone beforehand. And yes, yes he is. XD I'm glad those screenshots gave you a chuckle!

Lunaire's now 85 and with my boyfriend's help, as I can't kite for beans due to my disability, I have one of my most anticipated tames on Lunaire. Meet Cendre (cinder), whose name was a suggestion given earlier in this thread by the awesome Krysteena. :) As soon as I'd read it, I knew it would be a perfect name for Deth'tilac.

Bonus screenshot of Cendre in the Nighthold (and I'd only recently realized that there's a portal back to there located next to the Embassy in Orgrimmar, derp) that I just had to take because of how beautifully she stands out here. I love this girl so much and, after a crappy night, seeing her by Lunaire's side helps me feel better and she will be one of the pets who will set foot alongside Lunaire when she goes to Pandaria. ♥
Attachments
LunaireCendre.jpg
LunaireCendre.jpg (248.74 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
LunaireCendre2.jpg
LunaireCendre2.jpg (379.44 KiB) Viewed 26331 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I love Cendre so much! Deth'tilac is a gorgeous spider with plenty of nostalgia also attached (at least personally) and she's so perfect for Lunaire! I'm also happy to see that she's got the name I suggested, it matches her perfectly :D Lunaire is definitely getting up there in the levels now, and I can't wait to see what else you tame on her~

----

Also, if only so I have something to post other than excitedly gushing over people's pets (although I love doing that bc I'm a fiend for pretty screenies and tidbits to read), I finally decided to bring back a concept for a character I had written and then let go. Korvina was initially supposed to be a Blood Elf and distantly related to Krysteena, but the Void Elf matched so much better so here we are :'D she's got a backstory, which I won't go into on here, so some tames she'll make in earlier levels don't actually happen till much later. Her first companion is one of those tames that occur later but--

A strange and malicious creature whose presence always causes Korvina's spine to tickle and her senses to go in high alert, Umbra's entire body is saturated in the power of the void. Every breath, every look, every single movement seems abnormal and nothing about that which was once a Warp Stalker is remotely natural anymore. How, or why, Umbra is so changed in comparison to other warp stalkers is something Korvina doesn't understand, but she never tries to figure it out. While some of her other companions are also saturated in shadow magic, Umbra is something else entirely and Korvina doesn't even know if they can be considered a creature anymore. The one time Korvina did look at Umbra straight on she couldn't sleep for weeks afterwards. The warp stalker, twisted and tormented by the void which enveloped the body and soul, had no eyes. Just two soulless holes that stared back at the young huntress with belying interest. Needless to say, she's very careful to not turn around and catch the creature when the white orbs flicker out and show the truth beneath.

Whatever the cause for the strange appearance, Umbra now follows Korvina, twisting within her shadow and being a constant presence to the Void Elf. Korvina doesn't like to look at Umbra, either, and it's both strange and disconcerting that a huntress would be afraid of her own companion. She makes no excuse for herself, simply gesturing to the shadow that writhes behind her and refusing to turn around.