The Bravest Beast

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

The Bravest Beast

Unread post by Rhyela »

Wassup, Petopians! I'm back again! :) I probably won't be maining a hunter just yet, but I made an alt on another realm just to mess around. Chohuna is her name. Anyway, I've gotten a few pets so far, but this one really stuck out. My brother and I were questing in the Northern Barrens, and we came upon the Barrens Boars up north of the Forgotten Pools. They're so small and cute in the wild, so I was cooing over them in chat. I thought about taming one, but already had full Call Pet slots so was like "meh".

My brother, being the twerp that he is, used his shaman's thunder storm ability to knock one boar away (just goofing off because he knows I didn't want him to kill it). Naturally, it started chasing him. And chasing him. And chasing him..... it just kept on going after him! We were laughing about it, expecting it to de-aggro and go back, but it never did. He went pretty far west and south, trying to get it off of him. I decided I wanted to tame it. I had enough time to go to Crossroads and free up a stable slot and come back while it was STILL chasing him.

I tossed a freezing trap down and tried to tame it, but duh, he had the threat. We let the trap break and I smacked it a few times, hoping to peel aggro. Didn't work. This bloodthirsty little beast really wanted to eat my brother. He turned into a ghost wolf and tried to run up a mountain, to no avail. He went even further east this time and up another mountain by the Sludge Fen, and still this little boar had his sights set on my bro. A couple times the boar slowed to a walk for some reason, but still he chased. He scaled a high mountainside that not even I could climb, slowly but deliberately, intent on revenge.

My brother decided to try hearthing back to Crossroads, and FINALLY, the boar gave up his chase and turned to me, and I managed to tame the savage beast. And even still, after being tamed, his attack button was flashing red like he was STILL trying to attack my brother! I have never in all my years of playing WoW seen a creature so utterly relentless in its pursuit. Oddly enough, they're flagged as untameable on Petopia (most likely old data), and he shows up as brown on my character sheet on battle.net. It's like nothing is normal about this guy. I named him Brave, both for the adjective and the noun - the tauren warrior Braves that stand guard over villages. He is definitely Chohuna's go-to pet now!

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091818_212644.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091818_212644.jpg (713.04 KiB) Viewed 16990 times
WoWScrnShot_091818_213032_2.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091818_213032_2.jpg (705.44 KiB) Viewed 16990 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: The Bravest Beast

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

That's awesome! In the wild, are they sometimes brown and sometimes black?
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Aww, I like your little boar and Tauren :)
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Oh my god that is hilarious. What a persistent little guy, he really didn't like being punted... maybe he's afraid of heights? :lol:

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awww, that's hilarious :) I'm glad you got him!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Adorable story! :D I miss when everyone used to share tames like this.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I love reading about unique bonding experiences between hunters and their pets. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Invinciboar.
Image Image