Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Re: Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Name & Level: Donachan (83)
Exotics: Yes/No
Pet Slots: We'll go with five. <:
Restrictions: None!
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): Here.(:
Additional Notes: I was supposed to do this earlier, but, well... things got crazy, and I'm not really playing that character any more. It wouldn't be fair for me to do that there, with that theme, as my heart wouldn't be in it and the review wouldn't be as good.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Wow! I haven't seen this bumped in a long time. :lol: I had to go digging around for my list of themes. xD

Aeladrine(Donachan):
An Orange Theme!
Brown Spiked Raptor Green and Red Parrot Grey Scorpid Orange and Purple Ravager Brown Chimaera
Image Image Image Image Image

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Minty

Unread post by Minty »

Hey, if you're still doing this, I'd love to get a theme assigned.

Name and level: Minty, 85
Exotics: yes
Pet Slots: 4
Restrictions: please no wasps, silithid, scorpions or spiders. They give me a very unpleasant feeling when I look at them. ):
Armory: Minty @ The Maelstrom (I'm not sure if you need this as it says you don't have time to check the stables, but perhaps there is some use for it anyway)
Additional notes: if you were to look at my stables, don't worry about that - I'm letting go of about 10 pets, just haven't done it all yet.

Thanks!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Once I hunt down what I did with my list of themes, I'll toss you a roll for this. xD

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Minty

Unread post by Minty »

Awesome! I'm still getting to know the rhino, though (I haven't even found him a name yet!) so there is no hurry at all.
Last edited by Minty on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

If this is still a thing, may I have a go, please? I've been gone forever, it seems, and have been feeling the need to shake up the stables here recently, so!

Name & Level: Daranara (85)
Exotics: sure
Pet Slots: up to four!
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional):Here
Additional Notes: on the off-chance you do check out the armory link I'm still sifting through pets, so if for some reason I have only two or three free slots, is why ;p

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

If this is still a thing, may I have a go, please? I've been gone forever, it seems, and have been feeling the need to shake up the stables here recently, so!

Name & Level: Daranara (85)
Exotics: sure
Pet Slots: up to four!
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional):Here
Additional Notes: on the off-chance you do check out the armory link I'm still sifting through pets, so if for some reason I have only two or three free slots, is why ;p

Gearfeathers on FR

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's still a thing, I'm just being lazy about finding my sheet with all the themes written down because real life has been chaotic lately. >_>

[/center]
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Oh man, I didn't realize I had double posted or had sounded kind of whiny. I didn't mean to sound impatient! By all means, do what'cha need.

note to self check over your posts once they're posted.

Gearfeathers on FR

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You didn't sound whiny. :)

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bump to remind people of their rolls. :)

[/center]
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Okay! I've had this ready to go for a while, but blehhhh editing screenshots. Anyway! Let's do this.

This time, I had a Bioluminescent theme! Things that glow! I love things that glow, as it happens, so this was pretty fun!

First up, let's talk about sporebats. I ran with a blue sporebat for a long time in Wrath, mostly to be contrary to some of my guildmates who thought they were silly. But over time we grew apart, and I ran into the number one problem I have with sporebats:

How are their faces arranged?

Now, I'm certain there's the chance that neither of these are correct, and it really only matters to me, but I could never decide. Anyway! I've had sporebats off and on since then, but we could never click. But this time I tried again. I picked the second setup with the tiny little eyeballs just so I could try to get over that particular mental block and try to enjoy my new pet.

I remembered the tale of the loneliest sporebat out in Zangarmarsh, so that was the one I wanted to try. I flew out there, and sure enough, there he was.

As soon as the tame was completed, I realized there might be some affection here, as she (not a he, I realized) floated right above my head. Thus I met Illianah.

I don't have any more pictures with her right now, because I kind of forgot to, but man this time was grand. It all clicked this time, I dunno. She fell into the spot Solana the blue sporebat left behind, a silent squishy mother figure in my stables. I'm looking forward to trying to see if I can't make her a tank come MoP, just for funsies.

She's a keeper, even if she looks like a squirming rug when she chases me.

Next up, let's go with the shale spider! I had an orange shale spider this time around.

Pumpkin was an east find. A trip to deepholm, poke my head into the crumbling depths, and voila!

An interesting thing I noticed is that from behind, his little eye gems are greenish, rather than orange. Is it possible Jadefang's model is the base from which all shale spiders are colored? O:

Anyway, I named him Pumpkin, for his coloring.

Pumpkin is apparently a rare spawn magnet. While we were doing our dailies, we saw Terrorpene, Ban'thalos, Solix, Kirix, and all four of those guys you kill for the achievement out on the ledge. I may need him around just for that!

Of course, he's no slouch on the battlefield, either.

It's been a while since I've been so taken with a shale spider. Pumpkin has ousted Jadefang's slot, so I'll be keeping him, too.

Last, we have the black wasp! He has but one entry, and I knew just where to find him.

Blackfang (named Rex for this exercise) is a pretty model, easily my favorite of this style of wasp. His greys and red are striking.

the glowing is pretty neat too, as seen here.

Fighting wise... it's a ferocity pet. He'll do you fine. His special is a little more pvp than I need, but eh.

Unfortunately, Rex was up against Peeve for my wasp slot. As much as I like him, I have little need for two wasps (actually I don't even really need one, but Peeve is a remnant of a time when I wasn't stranded alone on the server, so she's god for memories). so in the end Rex was returned to his home.

I was actually impressed with this go round. I was expecting no one to be a contender for a keeper, much less keeping two of the three. (postsecret: I had to do this assignment twice because I hated every single one of them, and was going to post such when I realized no wait I was hating EVERYTHING at all ever in the world, so I tried again a day or two later. Funny how that works!)

Gearfeathers on FR

Raziella
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Raziella »

Name & Level: Letaa, 10. You're more than welcome to give me pets up to level 20 though.
Exotics: Too low.
Pet Slots: I have lots of stable space, but since I'm not a high level let's go with 3. :)
Restrictions: None.
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): None.
Additional Notes: I edited this. I couldn't decide between my main or my alt, but realized my main has very little stable space. Heh.
Last edited by Raziella on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My apologies for the delay. :)

Raziella(Letaa):
A Mammalian Theme!
Yellow Boar Dark Striped Cat Brown Bat
Image Image Image

I grabbed one pet from each of the default Cunning, Ferocity, and Tenacity categories, but feel free to take them out of their default specs and report about using them as whichever spec you prefer. :)

[/center]
Raziella
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Raziella »

I had the Mammalian Theme!

I started out first with taming a nightsaber, since they're plentiful in the draenei starting zone.

I named her Nightrunner. Cats have always been one of my favorite pet families, and I love running around with Nightrunner while questing. Cats also give mastery now, which is pretty awesome for groups now.
Totally not showing off my nightsaber cub.

Next pet I tamed was the yellow boar, in the night elf starting zone.

I named him Sunhoof. I love the yellow colored boars, and I love having Sunhoof around as a tanking pet for questing. I also love the change to their ability, making enemies take 4% increased physical damage.

The last pet that I tamed was the brown duskbat.

I did some corpse running to try and tame the duskbat that makes noises. It wasn't until recently that I figured out the reason why my bat didn't make noise: I tamed a mangy duskbat that was inside the undead starter zone. The ones that make the sound when clicked are simply called "duskbat". Whoops! Either way, there is something satisfying about running so far to tame Astraeus. Bats have a stun as their special ability, which is an awesome thing for a pvp pet to have. I took Astraeus out for a pvp test run (even though he doesn't have his ability yet). We won!

I enjoyed taming these pets and this theme. They are all definitely sticking around. Thanks! :)
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

oh well might as well give this a try again, sorry i didn't always finish the previous ones, i might have forgotten which i still had open.
Hunter Dylis lvl 49, noticed she only had a few pets so make it 4 or so, i like theme's as they are fun most of the time and i realy could use some new friens with this Night elf Hunter :). Oh feel free to make them a bit higher if needed for the theme.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh wow this got bumped. xD I'm going to have to remember how I did the rolls for these so it'll take me a bit to get your roll up. :)

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Damn it I've lost my list of themes and there's not really a coherent list given in the thread. :lol: I went through and read some of the reports in the thread and a lot of them are really endearing. :)

I'm going to work on the roll for this tomorrow as I'm rather tired tonight and would just rather zone out in game. xD I've got to remake a list of themes.

[/center]
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

Sure i am not in a hurry :).