TAMABLE HYDRAS? (patch 4.1 on PTR, no tamables found yet)

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: TAMABLE HYDRAS? (patch 4.1 on PTR, no tamables found yet

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:If they become exotic then they should become a cunning or tenacity pet, imo, since we already have 3 ferocity exotics.
Totally agreed. I was just thinking we're lacking in Cunning and Tenacity exotics.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

We are, I agree. I already feel the need to make every one of my hunters dual spec BM, and I don't really want to be BM on every hunter I play, but some of the coolest pets already are exotic. It would be neat to have one totally badass pet (excluding sporebats; I love you Squish :P ) that isn't exotic. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:We are, I agree. I already feel the need to make every one of my hunters dual spec BM, and I don't really want to be BM on every hunter I play, but some of the coolest pets already are exotic. It would be neat to have one totally badass pet (excluding sporebats; I love you Squish :P ) that isn't exotic. :D
There's plenty of badass pets that aren't exotic. Wolves, Cats....wheres the love? They're very badass.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Jessibelle wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:If they become exotic then they should become a cunning or tenacity pet, imo, since we already have 3 ferocity exotics.
Totally agreed. I was just thinking we're lacking in Cunning and Tenacity exotics.
We have 3 Tenacity, 3 Ferocity, and 2 Cunning. Just to note. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurasu wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
We have 3 Tenacity, 3 Ferocity, and 2 Cunning. Just to note. ;)
WTB Cunning Exotic then. Hydra or not.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Whoops, missed that third Tenacity blue asterisk when I was looking at the Petopia page. XD So if they went exotic they'd need to be cunning to keep things balanced.

And Jess: Yes, some of the other pets we have are cool, but they don't hold quite the same "badassness" that the hydras have, which I'd imagine is one of the reasons people are clambering for them to be tamable.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Whoops, missed that third Tenacity blue asterisk when I was looking at the Petopia page. XD So if they went exotic they'd need to be cunning to keep things balanced.

And Jess: Yes, some of the other pets we have are cool, but they don't hold quite the same "badassness" that the hydras have, which I'd imagine is one of the reasons people are clambering for them to be tamable.
*cough* SAMBAS *cough*

Seriously. People FIGHT for him. I've seen more people squabble over him on my server than Loque'nahak. That's pretty badass to me.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I've already made my statement that I'd prefer if hydras weren't exotic. Done and done.

[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Just to be more specific on the 'good news' about hydras: not only are they presently with their armor again, they can be fully specced, and have a 'Hydra' family name, rather than just 'empty stable slot'. Their diet is Meat, Fish, Raw Meat, and Raw Fish. And at least at the moment, they are not Exotic.

Sadly, their ability makes the same 'raptor sound' as the Devilsaur's. You thought it sounded weird on *King Krush*? ;)

Still no tameables (and believe me, I looked!) but I have much, MUCH higher hopes now.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurasu wrote:Just to be more specific on the 'good news' about hydras: not only are they presently with their armor again, they can be fully specced, and have a 'Hydra' family name, rather than just 'empty stable slot'. Their diet is Meat, Fish, Raw Meat, and Raw Fish. And at least at the moment, they are not Exotic.

Sadly, their ability makes the same 'raptor sound' as the Devilsaur's. You thought it sounded weird on *King Krush*? ;)

Still no tameables (and believe me, I looked!) but I have much, MUCH higher hopes now.
Shweet. I hope the ghost hydra becomes tameable again though.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kurasu wrote:Just to be more specific on the 'good news' about hydras: not only are they presently with their armor again, they can be fully specced, and have a 'Hydra' family name, rather than just 'empty stable slot'. Their diet is Meat, Fish, Raw Meat, and Raw Fish. And at least at the moment, they are not Exotic.

Nice find Kurasu! :D Here's to hoping for tamables by 4.2.

[/center]
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I gotta say, when these things go live, I REALLY HOPE they de-snork them or they're going to be worse than crocolisks. I can't stand to have any croc that isn't the Cata model because the regular ones just never bloody shut up and hydras (from those people I know that have Atha) are about a dozen times worse.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

WOOHOOOO!!!

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Nachtwulf wrote:I gotta say, when these things go live, I REALLY HOPE they de-snork them or they're going to be worse than crocolisks. I can't stand to have any croc that isn't the Cata model because the regular ones just never bloody shut up and hydras (from those people I know that have Atha) are about a dozen times worse.

Hehe, hear you on this one Natch. My ghost hydra was my tanking pet of choice back in WOTLK as they had the best AOE tanking threat around (thanks to their personality disorder) At 1st I really wanted to purchase a muzzle for her, she was such a chatter box.. but then I would have had to find 3 muzzles :lol:

After a while it started becoming a little more tolerable as it just became "background"" noise for me, but If I had her out around my friends... the "WOW, she's cool where did you find her?" soon turned to "Omg, she's so noisy!!!" :oops:

I don't mind the noise it's self so much, but currently it can loop constantly, so a little toning down might go a long way :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Yep; I think that really reducing the frequency of that idle would work. Imagine if the coyote-model wolves did their howl that frequently; it would quickly go from one of my favorite idle animations to an obnoxious one. So, if hydras were to only squabble very infrequently (maybe not as rare as the coyote howl; that's a bit extreme), that would be a huge improvement.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Bittertide hydras checked in the latest 'release' build of the patch. As of yet, they cannot be tamed. :( Unless there's another patch somewhere, it looks like the only hydra that will be available for now *is* the 'ghost hydra'.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

blizz is like teasing us... just give us them already PLEASE!!!

signature thanks to Kurieno
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Yah.. every ptr build my char who is parked in sholazar tries to tame the hydras.. so far.. nothing *sigh* I even have the quest on her to summon the ghost hydra which I do, and so far hes not tameable yet either.. :(

I just... want my hydra lol

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Dev One: "Hey, guys. I'm bored."
Dev Two: *pulls class out of a hat.* "Right! Let's mess with hunters today! I know, let's make that ghost hydra have it's own family. And we'll give it a diet. And make all untamable hydras have a diet. And let it be specced. And if hunters ask when we'll let them be tamable, we'll say Soon."
Dev One: "...But never let them be tamable! YES! YES! BRILLIANT, MAN."
Dev Two: "Okay, let's nerf...Gimme a sec...Priests!"

The Real Truth Behind Hydras.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Azunara wrote:Dev One: "Hey, guys. I'm bored."
Dev Two: *pulls class out of a hat.* "Right! Let's mess with hunters today! I know, let's make that ghost hydra have it's own family. And we'll give it a diet. And make all untamable hydras have a diet. And let it be specced. And if hunters ask when we'll let them be tamable, we'll say Soon."
Dev One: "...But never let them be tamable! YES! YES! BRILLIANT, MAN."
Dev Two: "Okay, let's nerf...Gimme a sec...Priests!"

The Real Truth Behind Hydras.
I can believe it.

LisaaraPokefarm