WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:34 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17353
Location: US
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Demigirl
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
If they become exotic then they should become a cunning or tenacity pet, imo, since we already have 3 ferocity exotics.

Totally agreed. I was just thinking we're lacking in Cunning and Tenacity exotics.

_________________

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:36 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
We are, I agree. I already feel the need to make every one of my hunters dual spec BM, and I don't really want to be BM on every hunter I play, but some of the coolest pets already are exotic. It would be neat to have one totally badass pet (excluding sporebats; I love you Squish :P ) that isn't exotic. :D

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:38 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17353
Location: US
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Demigirl
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
We are, I agree. I already feel the need to make every one of my hunters dual spec BM, and I don't really want to be BM on every hunter I play, but some of the coolest pets already are exotic. It would be neat to have one totally badass pet (excluding sporebats; I love you Squish :P ) that isn't exotic. :D

There's plenty of badass pets that aren't exotic. Wolves, Cats....wheres the love? They're very badass.

_________________

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:51 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 2490
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Gender: Male with both gender toons
Jessibelle wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
If they become exotic then they should become a cunning or tenacity pet, imo, since we already have 3 ferocity exotics.

Totally agreed. I was just thinking we're lacking in Cunning and Tenacity exotics.


We have 3 Tenacity, 3 Ferocity, and 2 Cunning. Just to note. ;)

_________________
Image

Come see Kurasu's stables!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17353
Location: US
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Demigirl
Kurasu wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
If they become exotic then they should become a cunning or tenacity pet, imo, since we already have 3 ferocity exotics.

Totally agreed. I was just thinking we're lacking in Cunning and Tenacity exotics.


We have 3 Tenacity, 3 Ferocity, and 2 Cunning. Just to note. ;)

WTB Cunning Exotic then. Hydra or not.

_________________

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
Whoops, missed that third Tenacity blue asterisk when I was looking at the Petopia page. XD So if they went exotic they'd need to be cunning to keep things balanced.

And Jess: Yes, some of the other pets we have are cool, but they don't hold quite the same "badassness" that the hydras have, which I'd imagine is one of the reasons people are clambering for them to be tamable.

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:00 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17353
Location: US
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Demigirl
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Whoops, missed that third Tenacity blue asterisk when I was looking at the Petopia page. XD So if they went exotic they'd need to be cunning to keep things balanced.

And Jess: Yes, some of the other pets we have are cool, but they don't hold quite the same "badassness" that the hydras have, which I'd imagine is one of the reasons people are clambering for them to be tamable.

*cough* SAMBAS *cough*

Seriously. People FIGHT for him. I've seen more people squabble over him on my server than Loque'nahak. That's pretty badass to me.

_________________

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:03 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
I've already made my statement that I'd prefer if hydras weren't exotic. Done and done.

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:06 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 2490
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Gender: Male with both gender toons
Just to be more specific on the 'good news' about hydras: not only are they presently with their armor again, they can be fully specced, and have a 'Hydra' family name, rather than just 'empty stable slot'. Their diet is Meat, Fish, Raw Meat, and Raw Fish. And at least at the moment, they are not Exotic.

Sadly, their ability makes the same 'raptor sound' as the Devilsaur's. You thought it sounded weird on *King Krush*? ;)

Still no tameables (and believe me, I looked!) but I have much, MUCH higher hopes now.

_________________
Image

Come see Kurasu's stables!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:08 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17353
Location: US
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Demigirl
Kurasu wrote:
Just to be more specific on the 'good news' about hydras: not only are they presently with their armor again, they can be fully specced, and have a 'Hydra' family name, rather than just 'empty stable slot'. Their diet is Meat, Fish, Raw Meat, and Raw Fish. And at least at the moment, they are not Exotic.

Sadly, their ability makes the same 'raptor sound' as the Devilsaur's. You thought it sounded weird on *King Krush*? ;)

Still no tameables (and believe me, I looked!) but I have much, MUCH higher hopes now.

Shweet. I hope the ghost hydra becomes tameable again though.

_________________

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:11 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
Kurasu wrote:
Just to be more specific on the 'good news' about hydras: not only are they presently with their armor again, they can be fully specced, and have a 'Hydra' family name, rather than just 'empty stable slot'. Their diet is Meat, Fish, Raw Meat, and Raw Fish. And at least at the moment, they are not Exotic.

Sadly, their ability makes the same 'raptor sound' as the Devilsaur's. You thought it sounded weird on *King Krush*? ;)

Still no tameables (and believe me, I looked!) but I have much, MUCH higher hopes now.

Nice find Kurasu! :D Here's to hoping for tamables by 4.2.

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 2801
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
I gotta say, when these things go live, I REALLY HOPE they de-snork them or they're going to be worse than crocolisks. I can't stand to have any croc that isn't the Cata model because the regular ones just never bloody shut up and hydras (from those people I know that have Atha) are about a dozen times worse.

_________________

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 pm 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Summoner's Rift and Whiterun
Realm: Muradin; Illidan
Gender: Man
Kurasu wrote:
Just to be more specific on the 'good news' about hydras: not only are they presently with their armor again, they can be fully specced, and have a 'Hydra' family name, rather than just 'empty stable slot'. Their diet is Meat, Fish, Raw Meat, and Raw Fish. And at least at the moment, they are not Exotic.

Sadly, their ability makes the same 'raptor sound' as the Devilsaur's. You thought it sounded weird on *King Krush*? ;)

Still no tameables (and believe me, I looked!) but I have much, MUCH higher hopes now.


WOOHOOOO!!!

_________________

Image


Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild


Check me out on youtube!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:00 pm 
Offline
Mount Master
Mount Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 3249
Location: Australia
Realm: Aman'Thul
Nachtwulf wrote:
I gotta say, when these things go live, I REALLY HOPE they de-snork them or they're going to be worse than crocolisks. I can't stand to have any croc that isn't the Cata model because the regular ones just never bloody shut up and hydras (from those people I know that have Atha) are about a dozen times worse.


Hehe, hear you on this one Natch. My ghost hydra was my tanking pet of choice back in WOTLK as they had the best AOE tanking threat around (thanks to their personality disorder) At 1st I really wanted to purchase a muzzle for her, she was such a chatter box.. but then I would have had to find 3 muzzles :lol:

After a while it started becoming a little more tolerable as it just became "background"" noise for me, but If I had her out around my friends... the "WOW, she's cool where did you find her?" soon turned to "Omg, she's so noisy!!!" :oops:

I don't mind the noise it's self so much, but currently it can loop constantly, so a little toning down might go a long way :)

_________________

Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:14 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 2085
Location: Redmond, WA
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)
Gender: Male
Yep; I think that really reducing the frequency of that idle would work. Imagine if the coyote-model wolves did their howl that frequently; it would quickly go from one of my favorite idle animations to an obnoxious one. So, if hydras were to only squabble very infrequently (maybe not as rare as the coyote howl; that's a bit extreme), that would be a huge improvement.

_________________
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Image
Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 2490
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Gender: Male with both gender toons
Bittertide hydras checked in the latest 'release' build of the patch. As of yet, they cannot be tamed. :( Unless there's another patch somewhere, it looks like the only hydra that will be available for now *is* the 'ghost hydra'.

_________________
Image

Come see Kurasu's stables!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:51 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 pm
Posts: 822
Location: stalking my prey
Realm: Hellscream
Gender: male
blizz is like teasing us... just give us them already PLEASE!!!

_________________
Image

signature thanks to Kurieno


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:09 am 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:25 am
Posts: 2077
Location: Some strange unknown world
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary
Gender: Chick
Yah.. every ptr build my char who is parked in sholazar tries to tame the hydras.. so far.. nothing *sigh* I even have the quest on her to summon the ghost hydra which I do, and so far hes not tameable yet either.. :(

I just... want my hydra lol

_________________

Image


thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:52 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm
Posts: 15644
Gender: Female
Dev One: "Hey, guys. I'm bored."
Dev Two: *pulls class out of a hat.* "Right! Let's mess with hunters today! I know, let's make that ghost hydra have it's own family. And we'll give it a diet. And make all untamable hydras have a diet. And let it be specced. And if hunters ask when we'll let them be tamable, we'll say Soon."
Dev One: "...But never let them be tamable! YES! YES! BRILLIANT, MAN."
Dev Two: "Okay, let's nerf...Gimme a sec...Priests!"

The Real Truth Behind Hydras.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:20 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17353
Location: US
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Demigirl
Azunara wrote:
Dev One: "Hey, guys. I'm bored."
Dev Two: *pulls class out of a hat.* "Right! Let's mess with hunters today! I know, let's make that ghost hydra have it's own family. And we'll give it a diet. And make all untamable hydras have a diet. And let it be specced. And if hunters ask when we'll let them be tamable, we'll say Soon."
Dev One: "...But never let them be tamable! YES! YES! BRILLIANT, MAN."
Dev Two: "Okay, let's nerf...Gimme a sec...Priests!"

The Real Truth Behind Hydras.

I can believe it.

_________________

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group