PTR Request Line & 4.1 Summary

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

PTR Request Line & 4.1 Summary

Unread post by Acherontia »

Is there anything that anyone who doesn't have PTR access wants checked? I'm bored, am on the PTR and can spend a bit of time the next few days checking requests. So far:

* Hyenas' Tendon Rip is still bugged: bosses are immune (probably a throwback to the days when it was a snare)
* Araga/Broken Tooth keep their old models, so no known golden saber cats yet
* Animations: Birds of Prey still fly funky -or- don't properly perform their Tricks, aside from the Undead Hawk (afaik); Nether Rays still do not properly idle. Hyenas still use the lowered-head hunched pose while idle.
* Appearance Buffs have not been cleared from existing pets, and are still tameable as such
* Basilisks, Clefthooves, Fen Striders, Hippogryphs, Kodos, Wyverns, Sunreaver Dragonhawks, Sea Turtles, Stags, Diemetradons, Stegodons and Pterrodaxes all appear to still be untameable
* Blackrock Battle Worgs are still bugged
* Black Hunched Cats (now confirmed tameable) can be found in ZG
* Boss Wasp models have been made smaller after taming
* Chitter is now an actual in-game mob! Check this link for information about an unofficial "Petopia Mascot" ;D
* Darnassus Companions are still untameable, but a tameable common skin has been added (see Frostsabers)
* Drakkari Mounts (red-orange raptors) are not tameable
* Explosive Trap now has a very visible, explosive-looking center-oriented, pulsing graphic. Master's Call now has a less visible golden-green swirl & ball around the feet, rather than the Hand of Freedom graphic ( :( )
* Frostsaber cats have all changed
* Gilnean Warhounds are still classed as Humanoids
* Gorefang still has 2 spawnpoints
* Happiness System*has been removed*; Glyph of Mend Pet will now be Glyph of Lesser Proportion, and will make your pets slightly smaller.
* Hawkbane has been found
* Hydras are not (yet) tameable
* Icehorn and Farunn, previously untameable rhinos, can now be tamed
* Karoma still shows invisible while in Camo
* Living Fossils (skeletal raptors) are still Undead.
* Minipets now all make sounds when clicked
* Monstrous Kaliri and Vale Owls are now tameable
* Mysterious Camel Figurines are no longer targetable (but NPC scan will still pick them up)
* New tameable mob, old skin: Tirisfal Bear (diseased white bear). Click here for location info/image. Same thread has info about old-skinned, newly-introduced birds & crabs that are not yet tameable.
* Pets are now automatically updated to your level
* Queen Silith (Stonetalon spider) & all non-Karoma spirit wolves are untameable (unchanged)
* Razzashi Adder, a Blue Cobra (old skin) can be found tameable at level 85 in Zul Gurub.
* Roaming Colossus (red & purple Silithid Boss; old skin new pet) has been added to Silithus
* Rotgrip (white Maraudon croc boss) is now tameable (old skin, old mob, newly tameable)
* Shoveltusks/Talbuks: several new Shoveltusk & Talbuk skins added (neither mob type is tameable)
* Silithid ants ARE tameable, but the boss ant-lion models (Kurinnax/Fankriss) are not
* White War Talbuk: this mount has the glowing hooves/horns back
* Winterspring Cubs (purple saber kitten minipet) are purchasable in the Everlook inn for 50g.
* ZG has new wasps

My own big "beg": If anyone finds out whether there's any update in 4.1 on the whereabouts or fate of Ohgan'aka, the little red raptor from the STV/Mandokir/ZG chain, PLEASE let me know. Blizz got me quite attached to the little one, and I haven't heard word about her fate :(
Attachments
Winterspring Cub.png
Winterspring Cub.png (207.97 KiB) Viewed 22465 times
Last edited by Acherontia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:35 am, edited 42 times in total.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: PTR Request Line

Unread post by Kurasu »

Acherontia wrote:* Hydras are not tameable
However, the hydralisk pet has a new icon. It's behaving oddly all over. In the present incarnation, it shows as an 'empty stable slot', with a brand new icon. The pet, when taken out, is nothing but a vanity pet at the moment: it has no talent tree and no abilities of any sort, other than basic pet ones. The roars are more frequent again as well; rather than roaring once in a while (and the rest having silently dueling heads) it is roaring every time its heads duel. However, the 'dueling' seems to have become less frequent, making it so the growls no longer overlap.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Have the changes for fire mages (no ignites from DOTs) been accompanied with the fixing of Ignite Munching?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ghost Howl edit--found him, he's just elusive as always >.< Seemed like 20 minutes to get him to turn up o.o

Edit--I've not got a mage on the PTR, Saturo, but I'll ask in /2 shortly :) --update-- The consensus in tradechat is that Ignite doesn't proc off dots (a couple people are saying only off LB), so there is less of a chance for 'ignite munching' to occur... A couple are saying it's now impossible. I can't test it myself though : /

Ahh, further edit: Kurasu--I had heard about some of it, I meant they weren't -yet- tameable--shall update it to say such >.<
Last edited by Acherontia on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Re: PTR Request Line & 4.1 Summary

Unread post by Rhapture »

I don't know if this is info you are looking for but I tamed a new pet and it did indeed bump right up to level 85, however, when I took pets out of my stable that were still not level 85 they stayed level 82. So it looks like for the time being you will still have to level any previous tames.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Kaleos
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul/Nesingwary

Unread post by Kaleos »

Saturo wrote:Have the changes for fire mages (no ignites from DOTs) been accompanied with the fixing of Ignite Munching?
This what you looking for, Saturo?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1600 ... -some-data
For just one click a day, you too can sponsor a squiby pet. Do it! :D
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Acherontia wrote:Ahh, further edit: Kurasu--I had heard about some of it, I meant they weren't -yet- tameable--shall update it to say such >.<
Oh, I figured that's what you meant. :) I was just letting people know my own experience on that part of it. I originally was assuming that hydras being tameable was still up in the air, but after seeing the icon for the hunter pet, it definitely makes me more sure that it's meant to happen... or *was* meant to happen. I don't know which.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Cords or specific spots where all the new pets are located.

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Requests:
- Drakkari Riding Raptor, Drak'Tharon Keep.
- Living Fossils, Wetlands and southern Tanaris. I know they're undead, but I CAN STILL DREAM D:

Question:
What do you mean by Karoma is invisible with Camo? Like Ghostcrawler and being completely invisible, past the shadow, when stealthed and in camo?
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

She's entirely invisible--when you're camouflaged, there is 0 Karoma (regardless of Prowl). She's just not there :)

I'll have a look at the other two later tonight :)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kaleos wrote:
Saturo wrote:Have the changes for fire mages (no ignites from DOTs) been accompanied with the fixing of Ignite Munching?
This what you looking for, Saturo?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1600 ... -some-data
Ah, yes, more or less. So, seems there's still the little problem with munching, but at least my Living Bomb won't destroy that epic Pyroblast anymore. Thanks for digging that up. :)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Krondor wrote:Cords or specific spots where all the new pets are located.
The only new pets I can think of are the ant silithids--these are located at all of the Silithid hives where other Silithids are found. The tiny blue ones are found in Tanaris (and will probably be bumped up in size), the pink in Tanaris and Silithus, and the gold-brown in Silithus and Un'goro. I'm not sure about Feralas's silithid population--will check there later.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Drakkari Mounts (the mottled red aka Crimson raptors in Drak'theron Keep) still aren't tameable; Living Fossils are still Undead.

Also, in this patch, pets with appearance buffs haven't had them cleared, so Oil-stained Wolf owners need not worry.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

To add another, Boss wasps have shrunk. Just asked if someone can get a regular wasp next to it to see if they're still bigger than the original midgits.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Okay, thanks, I'll add this and link it back to your thread :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rotgrip is tameable: ^^
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10096

(If you don't mind keeping this updated Acherontia, I'll make it a sticky thread for 4.1)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I don't mind at all :) Shall add that--I always liked Rotgrip :D

Edit--incidentally, is there anyone with Broken Tooth + PTR access? He's not up on Brill EU PTR, and I want to see if he's a Saber cat model yet. Afaik there still wasn't a golden saber. Araga's still a normal kitty :)
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Could anyone check on Brokentooth, see if her model has changed in any form? :3

I would check myself, however it's taking me a while to get patched up.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lol Moonlost, great minds think alike :P

* Adding images to demonstrate the new graphics for Explosive Trap & Master's Call as well as to show what I mean by Karoma being invisible in Camo!

Found BT on live; shall char-copy back over to the PTR again and see if he's changed :)

Update: Broken Tooth's model is unchanged.
Attachments
KaromaCamod.png
KaromaCamod.png (236.09 KiB) Viewed 22465 times
ExplTrap.png
ExplTrap.png (508.24 KiB) Viewed 22465 times
MastersCall.png
MastersCall.png (520.83 KiB) Viewed 22465 times
Last edited by Acherontia on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Acherontia wrote:
Krondor wrote:Cords or specific spots where all the new pets are located.
The only new pets I can think of are the ant silithids--these are located at all of the Silithid hives where other Silithids are found. The tiny blue ones are found in Tanaris (and will probably be bumped up in size), the pink in Tanaris and Silithus, and the gold-brown in Silithus and Un'goro. I'm not sure about Feralas's silithid population--will check there later.
HawkBane
New Blue Ice/Frost Saber
Zombie Bear(being hopeful)

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!