Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Hehe, well to be honest Wain was on this quite some time ago, he's such a quiet achiever I tell you! I was privy to some pics a little while ago but thought better of posting them considering they were so unfinished, but since we are now on it, here is a couple of shots with it's wing span out.

There is no many animations so far or colors, but gives a general idea

Last edited by SpiritBinder on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Spiritbinder wrote:Hehe, well to be honest Wain was on this quite some time ago, he's such a quiet achiever I tell you! I was privy to some pics a little while ago but thought better of posting them considering they were so unfinished, but since we are now on it, here is a couple of shots with it's wing span out.

There is no many animations so far or colors, but gives a general idea

Nothing there ???
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

AdamSavage wrote: Nothing there ???
Working on it... fixed

­
­
­
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

It's wings are huge!
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

those are some big wings.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Looove the big wings. A creature that large and that heavy is going to need big wings to support itself. :B

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

That is gorgeous... i hope its not a raid/raid acheivment related reward because SOME OF US dont like to raid so that pretty much slices our chances of getting a nice looking mount to only like what, 1/2 of the total mount population and maybe only 1/4 of the COOL, WELL DETAILED mount population? With cata they have been nice and given us reputation aquireable mounts and another rarespawn-drop mount as well as that stonecore drake that i was beginning to see extremely frequently and the Dark Pheonix (which doesnt look very good actually in-game, the original pheonix design is so much better. i was very dissapointed)

Btw um, lol i know my argument seems to drift all over the place cause im including both ground mount and flying mount, then flipping over to flying-only and yea.. lol.. pretty much almost all the nice flying mounts are freaking god damn raid related and im really tired of it personally. I can imagine many people of the warcraft world who dont raid either are too but i am unable and with how stuck up idiotic people in the game can be, track down anyone to aquire their voice to try and convince blizz to lean over more to a more 'everyone' friendly non-dragon mount.

I like the hippogryphs and all and my warlock has the cenarion hippo-- was trying for a while for the argent tourney one but i really wouldnt mind something like this crazy winged-lion to bring us out of the old bird and dragon funk. Or at least make more flying horses. I really want one but i cant exactly just pile a pug together each week and raid Arthas (though he IS a very key NPC to the lore universe so i do not mind the work invested in Incinvible).

and for the sparkle horse, even though $25 seems like a tiny once-only amount for the fact you get the horse for all characters on your account, i again personally feel like its just way too expensive to put money down on and i still even after all this time cant believe they put it for $25... the damned stuffed animals sell for $25! Id rather buy a wyvern pet and fly around on my racial horde mount with the wind rider cub following me while i cuddle the real life plushie then buy a sparkle horse.

Sorry, had to vent a wee little bit about my views on the flying mounts that have been released since WotLK came out... I still hold to my idea that they need to stop making dragon mounts and come out with maybe some new tricked out wyverns or gryphons or animals like the winged-lion there, i draw winged lions almost exactly like that one (armor not included) through ALL of highschool!!!!!!! I love winged-cats to death!!!!!! Though even if it becomes raid related or overpriced in the Blizz store, im gonna be pissed but im not gonna stop playing... im just gonna grumble and give ppl evil glares through my computer screen when someone flies by on one..

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

When I took those pics it was the patch file before last, where it first appeared. It looks like it's missing most of its textures at the moment (though I haven't checked the latest patch). I also couldn't get it to do much.

It does scream Uldum. Though who knows? Maybe it's a new Alliance flying mount??

In which case they'd need a flying scorpid for Horde, which would probably be absurd. Though maybe if a goblin attached a rotor to its tail....
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

LOL i can imagine a goblin taking parts off a Flying Machine and hooking them onto Madexx.... Poor Madexx :lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I will be infuriated if it's OH GOD ANOTHER AWESOME TCG MOUNT. Because really. REALLY?

But.. on the other hand, it's a flying lion. Alliance has the Golden King but no Alliance-only flier. It's my guess that it's going to either be a ridiculously expensive or complex to unlock Guild reward, or a PVP achievement reward, and the Horde version simply hasn't been introduced yet. Given that this one is so very unfinished, I think this is pretty likely, myself.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

From what I can see so far in the face/mane this model looks much, much better than Sambas. It's hard to tell without the textures of course, but right now I'd say it has a lot more appeal. Curious to see what the final product will be.

Also...a flying scorpid sounds simply amazing. :D
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Nachtwulf wrote:It's my guess that it's going to either be a ridiculously expensive or complex to unlock Guild reward, or a PVP achievement reward, and the Horde version simply hasn't been introduced yet.
While it could be from anywhere or from anything, I don't mind the idea of it being a guild reward of some fashion. If it were a guild achievement mount of some sort, I'm guessing it would take a bit of work to get... like an "It's over 9000" guild achievement or something (can guilds even get that many achievement points? O_o I have no idea).
Vephriel wrote:
Also...a flying scorpid sounds simply amazing. :D
:lol: Hahaha, /ageed!

­
­
­
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:It's my guess that it's going to either be a ridiculously expensive or complex to unlock Guild reward, or a PVP achievement reward, and the Horde version simply hasn't been introduced yet.
While it could be from anywhere or from anything, I don't mind the idea of it being a guild reward of some fashion. If it were a guild achievement mount of some sort, I'm guessing it would take a bit of work to get... like an "It's over 9000" guild achievement or something (can guilds even get that many achievement points? O_o I have no idea).
In short, if it were a guild achievement, even more people cant get it unless they're forced to be in a guild with 500 people that can get most of those silly achievements. -_-;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Jessibelle wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:
In short, if it were a guild achievement, even more people cant get it unless they're forced to be in a guild with 500 people that can get most of those silly achievements. -_-;

In short, if it was easier to obtain than the current guild achievement mounts, even more people would complain about it being too easy to acquire.

Please be aware that both Natch and myself both stated that both of our guesses, were both that, guesses. I'm not suggesting in anyway that my guess is the ideal/logical/best way to implement this mount if it ever becomes avalible. I was simply guessing purely from the current trends that we have seen in game thus far in regards to the amount of difficulty that blizzard normally attaches to obtaining fairly fancy mounts such as the one here. That said, it may even just appear on the blizz shop, none of us really know ;)

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:

In short, if it was easier to obtain than the current guild achievement mounts, even more people would complain about it being too easy to acquire.

Please be aware that both Natch and myself both stated that both of our guesses, were both that, guesses. I'm not suggesting in anyway that my guess is the ideal/logical/best way to implement this mount if it ever becomes avalible. I was simply guessing purely from the current trends that we have seen in game thus far in regards to the amount of difficulty that blizzard normally attaches to obtaining fairly fancy mounts such as the one here. That said, it may even just appear on the blizz shop, none of us really know ;)
I know you were guessing. I was just making my comment on it. Most guilds are lucky to reach lvl 5 with how Blizzard set things up.

LisaaraPokefarm

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Maybe it's a reward for the new mount collecting achieve ? Otherwise, looks Uldum-ish to me, maybe something to do with there.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Loki wrote:Maybe it's a reward for the new mount collecting achieve ? Otherwise, looks Uldum-ish to me, maybe something to do with there.
I'm hoping so, like getting exalted with Ramakhan and completing all the uldum quests or something.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well now with guild levels mines lvl 9 and its a pretty laid back guild, it could easly be a guild reward.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Jessibelle wrote: I know you were guessing. I was just making my comment on it. Most guilds are lucky to reach lvl 5 with how Blizzard set things up.
Thats fine Talu, It just came off a little directed rather that topical tis all, considering you were making your comment directly concerning our comments/guesses. All good however.

I do feel rather sad for those in a much smaller/personal sized guild that don't have the capacity to lvl their guild with the same gusto in which larger guilds can, simply due to numbers. It's blizzards design however and they may revisit it at a later date, it would be ever so great... but until then, I do feel your pain regarding the matter.

I must admit it would be a daunting task to try and work out interesting/new ways of introducing new mounts without stepping on the majority of wow players toes, and while still making it the mount it's self cool/obtainable/interesting/unique/statuesque/etc.... I'm defiantly glad to not be in their position at times. :D

­
­
­
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

FLYING CAT. Must have!

And um, I really don't mean for this to be taken badly, but if most guilds are around level 5... they must really not have active high level players. My guild is a casually progressive raiding guild, we have a small group of moderately active people, and we're level 18 or 19 now. I know that there are plenty of other guilds on my server in a similar state, a few even higher levelled. We have the potion achievement and the fishing achievement (amongst others). I understand that it's nice for some nice mounts to be offered to the general community, but... come on, there's a middle ground. :/ There are a huge number of reputation, dungeon, camping/luck and various other non-raiding mounts available... It's just the same story again as with rare pets. Just because people can and do put time and effort into the game shouldn't mean that they're not allowed to get awesome *unique mounts! (Let me clarify: Invincible is not only challenging to get but also incredibly rare, whereas the 10 man frostbrood vanquisher is and was reasonably easy to obtain later in WotLK/Cata in even a semi-decent raiding guild or a good pug.) Personally I'd be happy with a flying kitty as a next tier raid achievement mount. Even better if it was more easily obtainable! If it was PVP, well, I'd be a little bummed but it's fair enough that PVPers should get their shiny rewards too.

I really don't mean to come across as nasty or anything, but just because a group of individuals can't get it ingame doesn't mean it's unfair, should be made easier to obtain, Blizzard sucks, etc etc etc. It just means, bad luck, and hopefully next time you can get an awesome mount.

BUT REGARDLESS. I don't think flying kitties will be *too* difficult to get! Rep or 10m raid achieves maybe. Purely because it's not even like a remake (a la blue/TL/green protodrakes, normal drake recolours etc) but an incredibly awesome model that I can imagine being incredibly popular :D I'd totally buy it from Blizz shop if I had to. Eeerg. Flying cat!!!!