Glyph of Lesser Proportion Comparison (PIC HEAVY)

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Glyph of Lesser Proportion Comparison (PIC HEAVY)

Unread post by Rawr »

evil950510 wrote:Is this so tanks will stop whinning that our pets are in the way, or just so tanks can tell us now "hey why don't buy that gylph that makes your pets smaller". Some hunters might like this gylph, but I like having my Devilsaurs huge!!
tab...............Tab................TAB!!! People who complain about not being able to see need to figure out how their keyboard works. If someone complains about my Old Blue (Ironhide Devilsaur) I start complaining about the Tauren who's tanking. :headbang: Power to the Devilsaur lovers :headbang: :mrgreen:

ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Rawr wrote:
evil950510 wrote:Is this so tanks will stop whinning that our pets are in the way, or just so tanks can tell us now "hey why don't buy that gylph that makes your pets smaller". Some hunters might like this gylph, but I like having my Devilsaurs huge!!
tab...............Tab................TAB!!! People who complain about not being able to see need to figure out how their keyboard works. If someone complains about my Old Blue (Ironhide Devilsaur) I start complaining about the Tauren who's tanking. :headbang: Power to the Devilsaur lovers :headbang: :mrgreen:
Some people just don't know how to multitask and button mash at times 8V I use Tab all the time when I would play with my moms hunter who had the Boss Wasp model before it shrunk. Seriously, not that hard to move and press the TAB key to make sure you are on a target that you are fighting 8V
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

You know, the funny thing is that meanwhile, *I* hear complaints about people who tab-target rather than using assist. Tab-targeting is a good way to hit something else that hasn't been engaged yet. Take it from me. I've made many ugly pulls that way. And because we're ranged, hunters are prone to it. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kurasu wrote:You know, the funny thing is that meanwhile, *I* hear complaints about people who tab-target rather than using assist. Tab-targeting is a good way to hit something else that hasn't been engaged yet. Take it from me. I've made many ugly pulls that way. And because we're ranged, hunters are prone to it. ;)
Even worse, hunters have a ranged autoattack. The worst a caster will do is target something, then they just tab away from it (unless they don't notice that it isn't in combat. :/) or a melee might at worst aggro a neutral mob walking around. A hunter? A hunter shoots. Anything. The poly'd healer? The melee-unit in the pack on the other side? The boss? Any of them.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

It really looks like the pets have had their size increased, and then the pets with the glyph looks like they have the size they have on live now.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

Hooray! Finally, some examples of how it looks.

I am 100% underwhelmed. Sweet, guess this means I'll finally have a minor glyph spot for Scare Beast....
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Thanks for posting all the comparisons.:)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Miyon wrote:It really looks like the pets have had their size increased, and then the pets with the glyph looks like they have the size they have on live now.
That's what I was thinking too, but it's hard to say. I play a NE personally, so I'm used to seeing the scale comparison of pets to my NE's height. I'm not sure if the pets are actually bigger (unglyphed) on the PTR, of if its because blood elves are smaller XD

(No actual offense is meant to BE's, I'm just saying that logically my sense of scale is off)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Took three pics just now, two from the PTR (with and without glyph) and one from live. Looks to me like the unglyphed size is the same as it is on live, while the new glyph does make the pet slightly smaller.
Attachments
PTR, no glyph
PTR, no glyph
WoWScrnShot_032211_164115.jpg (332.01 KiB) Viewed 12290 times
PTR, with glyph
PTR, with glyph
WoWScrnShot_032211_164143.jpg (332.47 KiB) Viewed 12290 times
Live
Live
WoWScrnShot_032211_164121.jpg (333.4 KiB) Viewed 12290 times

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Madexx.. is.. a little smaller.. the porr guy is already the smallest scorp out there :lol: I mean compared to all the other rares that size.. he shrinks ALOT before and now even more.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I may be in the minority here, but I actually kind of prefer my pets smaller. I always felt like they got a bit too big. Well, some, like devilsaurs and such, should be large IMO. But I do feel that enormous cats and wolves and boars and such is a little odd.

I still think it'd be best if they made both glyphs available, though.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Saturo wrote:Even worse, hunters have a ranged autoattack.
That's why I make sure the option "stop attack on target change" is always on!

And whoever at Blizzard thought that making Magmaw targetable through the floor was a good idea is either stupid or has a very peculiar sense of humor...
Kalliope

Anyia wrote:And whoever at Blizzard thought that making Magmaw targetable from virtually anywhere in his room was a good idea is either stupid or has a very peculiar sense of humor...
Fixed. >_<

YouTube Edition

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

ugh, my boyfriend and i were little-kid-on-christmas-morning excited for bigger pets. i even squee'd when i first read about them. oh well. :(

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Pent wrote:What hunter in their right mind would want their big pets to look SMALLER?

If this is because of other classes complaining about target clicking because the pet is too big... why don't they learn how to use the target-of-target key, or the focus key, or.... TAB.

I want my Seagull to be smaller.

I can see how this might make already small pets (and foxes) look better.
I'd love to see how it affects the already-tiny seagull.

Just wait, though. If this goes live, I'm sure we'll see complaints from people who are having a hard time click-targeting teensy hunter seagull pets in PvP.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Rikaku wrote:
Miyon wrote:It really looks like the pets have had their size increased, and then the pets with the glyph looks like they have the size they have on live now.
That's what I was thinking too, but it's hard to say. I play a NE personally, so I'm used to seeing the scale comparison of pets to my NE's height. I'm not sure if the pets are actually bigger (unglyphed) on the PTR, of if its because blood elves are smaller XD

(No actual offense is meant to BE's, I'm just saying that logically my sense of scale is off)
Well, my main is a belf and those pets certainly looked way bigger than what they do with my hunter. But on the other hand, my belf is female, not male, but those still looked huge.

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Kalliope wrote:Took three pics just now, two from the PTR (with and without glyph) and one from live. Looks to me like the unglyphed size is the same as it is on live, while the new glyph does make the pet slightly smaller.

I actually still see the PTR unglyphed as a tad bigger than the live one. If you look at the egg-shaped part of the body, it looks bigger. I didn't work for me to look at the legs, they werent positioned the same in both pics xD

My eyes must be tricking me. Could you do the same comparison with another pet? A cat for instance, or something else more "compact" if you catch my drift. A bear would be good if you have one.

Kalliope

Miyon wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Took three pics just now, two from the PTR (with and without glyph) and one from live. Looks to me like the unglyphed size is the same as it is on live, while the new glyph does make the pet slightly smaller.

I actually still see the PTR unglyphed as a tad bigger than the live one. If you look at the egg-shaped part of the body, it looks bigger. I didn't work for me to look at the legs, they werent positioned the same in both pics xD

My eyes must be tricking me. Could you do the same comparison with another pet? A cat for instance, or something else more "compact" if you catch my drift. A bear would be good if you have one.
I tried to position exactly the same in both locations, but ended up giving up. >_< The unglyphed PTR Orpheus is slightly closer to the front of the screen, so he appears larger because of that (plus his position shifted, so his butt is more bunched up in the live pic). In person, the difference is negligible.

*pokes Orphie for not sitting still*

YouTube Edition

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Well trouble is if people whine enough they remove things, hey there noggenfogger on Druids.

I forget do minors need to be stripper or can you jsut replace with another minor? Mine have Mend Pet at the moment so do want to ensure I switch before patch in case I forget.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Kalliope

You have to remove a glyph before it can be replaced. Even if you click on the new glyph on the right side of the glyph window, you'll be prompted for removal dust when you actually click the glyph slot.

YouTube Edition