Glyph of Lesser Proportion Comparison (PIC HEAVY)

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Re: Glyph of Lesser Proportion Comparison (PIC HEAVY)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Damnit had hopes being a minor I wouldn't have to. Got some on Aria thankfully be will have to track some down for Deni. Thanks.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The dust is sold by inscription vendors, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

That implies I know where the freaking hell they are in Stormwind :) Thankfully she's in Nagrand at the moment so not TOO bad. I'm just hoping the guard actually points the right way unlike the amount of broken flags in Org, augh.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Kalliope

The vendor in Stormwind is near the entrance to Stockades and hopefully shouldn't be too hard to find. :D As you're facing the summoning stone, turn left and go straight ahead. You should end up directly in the inscription shop. The vendor is up against the far wall.

YouTube Edition

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I wandered straight into the enchant shop first but I found it, thank you! Saying stockades was a great idea as I can home in on there with my eyes shut :)

-

Kalliope

You're welcome! :D

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Anyia wrote:
Saturo wrote:Even worse, hunters have a ranged autoattack.
That's why I make sure the option "stop attack on target change" is always on!

And whoever at Blizzard thought that making Magmaw targetable through the floor was a good idea is either stupid or has a very peculiar sense of humor...
^ THIS!

I accidentally shot her once cause of it. My guild laughed when I facepulled. XD I was like "FUUUUUUU!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!!"

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Wow, I love the size of the Devilsaur without the silly Glyph. I'm happy they finally increased the Devilsaurs size again! Gee. I'm not getting that Glyph. I don't have any problems with big pets.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Mozag wrote:Why does it seem to me that the normal pet size has been increased? I've never seen a gull that large before (the unglyphed one, I mean). Or am I just deranged this morning?
This is what I was thinking too.
Could it be that they make the "standard" pet size larger and the glyph of lesser proportion for those who want them smaller/the old size? :|
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

As un-streamlined / inefficient as it sounds, I would have preferred something like a scroll of size increase / reduction, that acts as a permanent buff to one pet, e.g. a little like how certificate of ownership affects just one pet and then is consumed, but obv in this case the effect would be to alter its size rather than flag it for renaming.

Because as others have pointed out, having this effect come from a glyph can be seen as too much of a "one size fits all" approach (literally!) where some pets look better, but others look worse.

If they bring back the glyph of size increase I'll probably still get it, and reserve it just for BM spec (where things are *supposed* to be large, a la BW), but otherwise no thanks.
Last edited by Worba on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Also, for people who have trouble staying on the tank target... whether due to flappy wings or other reason... this can be helpful:

/target [noexists,@focus,exists,nodead][dead,@focus,exists,nodead] focustarget
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Yoruko wrote:
Mozag wrote:This is what I was thinking too.
Could it be that they make the "standard" pet size larger and the glyph of lesser proportion for those who want them smaller/the old size? :|
Long time reader, first time poster. ^^;

But if the case is that they're making the normal pet size smaller and the glyph reduces the size back to what it was before the patch, or even smaller, I'll be fine with that. I was just really looking forward to having a larger pet... It seems silly to make them smaller...
Bairde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bairde »

Well, I am most certainly on the "larger pets are better" train, but I feel like if they made the pets naturally bigger and then added a glyph to shrink them back to normal, that would be leaving out the people who are wanting their pets smaller. I don't want one group left out, even if it's not the one I support. I'm still for the idea that they should have both a glyph of lesser and a glyph of greater proportion, then everyone is happy.

Epic luck charm by the amazingly talented Vephriel

My Stable

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Bairde wrote:I'm still for the idea that they should have both a glyph of lesser and a glyph of greater proportion, then everyone is happy.
Very much agree with this.

I don't like the idea of making the pets smaller at all as I already feel they're too small, but if there's two glyphs, everyone is happy.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

I'll be keeping this glyph on my hunters. I mean, honestly, in tight spots like Deadmines or a great deal of SFK especially, why is it necessary to the group to have a pet that is glyphed to become the size of a mailbox-trolling mammoth mount when Bestial Wrath hits? If someone can't see past your pet, whether they know how to use the keyboard or not, what is the purpose of teehee baiting them? Over pet size? Does that really get the Valor Points faster? Does the pet size really crank up the Recount meter for everyone?

Another example of where we get such a bad reputation, in my opinion. :| Hunter pets are a great soloing class....until you queue up. It is no longer all about you and your Pokemons then.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Bairde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bairde »

I agree that I wouldn't want this for dungeoning, but I dungeon in MM, not beast mastery, and beast mastery is what I would have the larger pets in. I wouldn't have this glyph on my MM, I would have my normal, tiny white Qirot for dungeoning, and when i'm doing other things, like archaeology, I can have a giant green t-rex to stand by my side. I don't think anyone here is sayign that we should use this all the time no matter what anyone else thinks, and if you don't like it then to bad, but I do think that we should at least have the option to make our pets larger, and if an individual hunter chooses to abuse that ability then he can get a bad reputation for it.

Epic luck charm by the amazingly talented Vephriel

My Stable

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I have one of the teenybeetles from Naxx. And... I sorta do want it smaller. XD Even though it's tiny. The smaller it is, the more amusing it is to me; hell, I babyspice the poor thing when I get the opportunity (this makes it smaller than most beetle critter mobs btw.)

Yeah, I expect someday it's going to get sizefixed BUT UNTIL THEN.... MICROBEETLE GO!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket