4.1 Minipets and Mounts Consolidated Thread

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

4.1 Minipets and Mounts Consolidated Thread

Unread post by Vetiver »

I realize this has all been posted in various places, but I found myself trying to search for kitten info on here earlier, and it was all over the place. I just made a version of this for the Twink Info forum, so here's one for us corralled into one place!

New Pets

Profession:

Pterrordax Hatchling - BOP Fossil archaelogy rare
Voodoo Mask - BOP Troll archaeology rare

Quest Reward:

Lashtail Hatchling - will be able to rescue this pet in 85 ZG if you have completed the associated STV questline
Legs - baby fen strider, new reward for Shattrath Children's Week quest
Panther Cub - level 85 quest reward for ZG intro chain
Scooter the Snail - new reward for Stormwind/Orgrimmar Children's Week quest

Vendor:

Frostsaber Cub - purchaseable by both factions for 50g from new vendor in Everlook (not sure if it's BOP or BOE, will update)

TCG/Blizzard Store:

Landro's Lichling - common TCG reward from War of the Elements set
Nightsaber Cub - common TCG reward from Twilight of the Dragons set

Unknown:

Guardian Cub - speculated to be either a mini version of the new gem eyed cats in level 85 ZG or a mini version of the new Blizzard store flying mount, will update as we know more

New Mounts:

Drops:

Amani Battlebear - 100% drop from timed "bear run" in level 85 version of ZA. Recolor of original warbear.
Armored Razzashi Raptor - rare drop from the Raptor boss in level 85 version of ZG
Reins of Poseidus - underwater seahorse mount that drops off the rare mob of the same name (usable in water in any zone). Must be lvl 78 to learn so unlearnable by twinks, but may be able to get the FOS for it if they put one in.
Swift Zulian Panther - rare drop from the Panther boss in level 85 version of ZG

TCG/Blizzard Store:

Amani Dragonhawk - rare TCG reward from Twilight of the Dragons set
Savage Raptor - rare TCG reward from War of the Elements set
Winged Guardian - flying lion that can be used as ground mount since it requires lvl 20. You will be able to buy this from the Blizz store.

Unknown:

Beryl Fire Hawk - speculated to be level 85 raid meta reward but currently unknown for sure
Crimson Fire Hawk - speculated to be level 85 raid meta reward but currently unknown for sure
Flameward Hippogryph - so far unknown how to get this
Subdued Seahorse - speculated to be a level 80+ quest item or spell name of Reins of Poseidus and not an actual/different mount, will post more info as I find it

Related Changes:

-"The Reins of the Dark Phoenix, purchased from the Guild Vendor, has had its art improved. It's now less transparent and indisputably more awesome." (patch notes!)

-Reins of the Gray Riding Camel will now award a FOS and the title "The Camel Hoarder"...however they have made it much harder to obtain as the statues are no longer targetable in 4.1. NPCscan will still find them, but will not be able to put a mark on them, and you will pretty much not be able to find them at all if you are not using a cache scanner.

-Wintersaber Trainer rep is likely being removed and may turn into a FOS (note: a feat for the rep itself; the mount already has a feat!) since the mount will now be obtainable with a month of dailies, like the Horde version. No word yet on whether the level is being dropped to 49 like the Horde side, someone with PTR access should check that out.

-New minipet achievements for 100 (Petting Zoo) and 125 (Menagerie) being added, but no word yet on what the rewards are, if any.

-Vial of the Sands will have an associated achievement, worth 10 points.

-Lots more minipets will make cute sounds when you click them! Link to thread listing them all: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 33&t=10460

-The fate of Mojo is currently unknown! While it is very likely that he will be either left in or made obtainable through some other means, he is relatively easy to get now (and soloable) so you may want to get on that before the 70 ZA disappears! (same goes for bananahawks!)

-BOA loot bags containing a variety of things (including pets and rare mounts!) will be obtainable through queueing up as the most needed role in LFG. Yes, this will usually be tanks and sometimes healers, -BUT- the loot bags ARE BOA!

Feel free to add anything I missed and I will update!
Last edited by Vetiver on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:20 am, edited 7 times in total.

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: 4.1 Minipets and Mounts Consolidated Thread

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Thanks for the summary. I'm most excited about the new Children's Week pets and the archaeology pets!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

me too! especially if the snail is the same as the ones in darkshore!

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I have also read that the Guardian Cub may be a mini version of the winged Guardian as it has the same icon and similar name.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

oh man that would be awesome

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE Fen striders will finally be (sorta) pets! Thanks so much for this summary, made me all tingly inside :3
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Vetiver wrote: Scooter the Snail - new reward for Stormwind Children's Week quest
Should say Orgrimmar as well, its a reward option for both factions. (Not having the Westfall Chicken and Sprite Darter Hatchling scandal again) :mrgreen:

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Rawr wrote:
Vetiver wrote: Scooter the Snail - new reward for Stormwind Children's Week quest
Should say Orgrimmar as well, its a reward option for both factions. (Not having the Westfall Chicken and Sprite Darter Hatchling scandal again) :mrgreen:
Hey now, I gave at least 30 chickens away to horde via the quest, just needed someone to get the feed then do the quest and let them pick it up ;) Sprite darter was a mess though, eventually fixed, but still a mess for how long it took!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Yaone wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Hey now, I gave at least 30 chickens away to horde via the quest, just needed someone to get the feed then do the quest and let them pick it up ;) Sprite darter was a mess though, eventually fixed, but still a mess for how long it took!

Eek forgot about Org. Fixed! Also Horde still get the lovely Sprite Darter Hatchling, but the Alliance can no longer get her. :(

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yaone wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Vetiver wrote:

Eek forgot about Org. Fixed! Also Horde still get the lovely Sprite Darter Hatchling, but the Alliance can no longer get her. :(
Alliance can still get her. Same way Horde does now.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Yaone wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Vetiver wrote:

Starting to look like a stair case. :lol: You allies have to kill them and feel bad about it like the rest of us to get one. :mrgreen:

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Jessibelle wrote:
Yaone wrote:
Rawr wrote:

Alliance can still get her. Same way Horde does now.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??? you have no idea how happy you have just made my bank alt. i love you! (can i still pout about withers? :P)

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

<==== Dunce.... what's FOS mean

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Feat of strength. Kinda an achievement thingie.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Subdued Seahorse - speculated to be a level quest item or original name of Reins of Poseidus and not an actual mount, will post more info as I find it
^^^- Is indeed the mount that Posedius drops after you get it.

Wintersaber Trainer rep is likely being removed and may turn into a FOS since the mount will now be obtainable with a month of dailies, like the Horde version. No word yet on whether the level is being dropped to 49 like the Horde side, someone with PTR access should check that out.
^^- not sure about level or if rep is being removed, but it has always been a FOS.

:)

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

A question from me here: would the new minipet sounds count as 'related changes' for the minipets? :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Kurasu wrote:A question from me here: would the new minipet sounds count as 'related changes' for the minipets? :)
good call!

can i also get a clarification from sasrei on the subdued seahorse thing? the actual item he drops is Reins of Poseidus, but Subdued Seahorse was also datamined. is it just the name of the spell that Reins of Poseidus turns into after you learn it? thanks!

also about the possible wintersaber trainer FOS, the mount is currently a feat, and so is the Horde equivalent. however if the associated reputation is removed that might also warrant a seperate FOS since that method is much more taxing, and they have usually granted feats for removed reps in the past. :)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

ty!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Thank you so much for this list. =) I knew about them all but it's nice to see them all neat and tidy here <3

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}