Hunter Bug Fixes

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Hunter Bug Fixes

Unread post by Nubhorns »

EDIT: Nobody panic! As the Internet is populated primarily by human beings with the occasional sentient pile of sludge, accidents happen. It appears that this was a case of leaving a word out by mistake. Here's your real patch notes, courtesy of Jessibelle:
Hunter Bug Fixes

* Hunters will no longer automatically acquire a new target if the current target dies in the middle of a cast.
* Aimed Shot and Steady Shot should no longer start casting Auto Shot on a new target when the "Stop Auto Attack" option is enabled.
* Auto Shot now automatically turns off until reactivated once Freezing Trap is cast on an enemy player.
* Distracting Shot and Multi-Shot are now properly 40-yard range.
* Multi-Shot now properly has a 1-second global cooldown.
* Scatter Shot's disorient effect should no longer sometimes be broken by the hunter's Auto Shot.
Thank you for your understanding, you may now resume your panic or, more than likely, excited cheering and posting of happy gifs. :)

Very sincerely,

Nub the sentient pile of sludge.

Hunter Bug Fixes
# Hunters will automatically acquire a new target if the current target dies in the middle of a cast.
# Aimed Shot and Steady Shot should no longer start casting Auto Shot on a new target when the "Stop Auto Attack" option is enabled.
# Auto Shot now automatically turns off until reactivated once Freezing Trap is cast on an enemy player.
# Scatter Shot's disorient effect should no longer sometimes be broken by the hunter's Auto Shot.
[source]

Hunters will automatically acquire a new target if the current target dies in the middle of a cast.
automatically acquire a new target

Am I the only person who has had issues with firing off a shot into a group of completely unrelated mobs because my target died in the middle of a Steady Shot? I don't always have the time to cancel the cast, and I really don't want to get kicked for 'pulling' any more than I already have.

The funniest thing about my impending PuG misery is that casters are whining about how they don't get something similar. Take it! I certainly don't want it.
Last edited by Nubhorns on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Hunter Bug Fixes

Unread post by Dewclaw »

More than once my toon has had something die and then selects and shoots at the next target, which is usually the next group of mobs. This is not a good thing. :o
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Dewclaw wrote:More than once my toon has had something die and then selects and shoots at the next target, which is usually the next group of mobs. This is not a good thing. :o
THIS. :shock: Oh my goodness. I hope I don't cause TOO many wipes...
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure this is a bug we are fighting with right now.

So they fix it by...making it a part of the game.

Okay.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Nubhorns wrote: Image
That summed up my feelings reading that personally.

I mean, its rare for me now to accidentally acquire a new target automatically, but I HATE it when I do. HATE. Thank God I'm running in guild groups where we can handle such things, but I fear for my pug future.

Oh god and don't even get me started in raids. This is going to suck for raiding. Yay for the 4 Hunters in my raid (including myself) breaking all the CC cause we auto-acquire a new target.

But this is an AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL change. Good lord if any dev is reading this, DON'T DO THIS. Seriously, WE DON'T WANT IT DX

*goes to direct all future Guild raid yelling to Blizzard*

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

How...the hell....is that a FIX?! >/ Thats what we already freakin do and we don't like it! ><;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I think I am the only one that actually likes aquiring a new target right away...but then again me and my pet can tank heroic mobs without much fuss by ourselves...but I can understand where its an issue for other people.

/comforts fellow hunters

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Makoes wrote:I think I am the only one that actually likes aquiring a new target right away...but then again me and my pet can tank heroic mobs without much fuss by ourselves...but I can understand where its an issue for other people.

/comforts fellow hunters
It's only awesome when you're not facepulling another mob on the other side of the room.....which the facepull happens 9 times out of 10.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, I've had this problem too. It USED to be that you could jump and break the cast really quickly but now that moving doesn't cancel Auto Shot, that doesn't help at all. (the trick still works for most casters though, afaik)

Maybe this is one of the things they're fudging to make the class "harder"? Like... "if you were a GOOD hunter this wouldn't happen, lol". I dunno, I find it kind of infuriating... okay, a lot infuriating. I guess you can turn off that autoshot clickbox but there's lots of times (packs) where it's useful.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

It's not the lone mob that bothers me. One mob I can handle. One mob...hell I can leave Spider on one mob and go make a coffee. It's no big deal. But if your autotarget hits tab-level stupid and goes straight for a new pack on the other side of the room(or a CC'd mob, or a boss), it's going to fire that steady/cobra shot right into something's face, and it's friends are going to come beat up your group. Normally it's not a problem, and I've seen accidental pulls get snatched up by good tanks and burned down fairly quickly - it's not the risk of a wipe that annoys me, it's the fact that the risk of a wipe is going to be on my shoulders 24/7 if the DPS do their job and something dies while I'm casting, and half the time I won't have a chance to do anything about it regardless. Steady and Cobra shot play such a big part in our rotations, it's bound to happen at an annoying frequency unless you have auto-attack turned off, which personally drives me insane.

As for cutting off unwanted attacks now, I usually mash escape and turn the other way. It works maybe 7 out of 10 times.

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Nubhorns wrote:
Hunters will automatically acquire a new target if the current target dies in the middle of a cast.
I agree with that picture. :( I already feel really bad about causing wipes, I don't want to cause more!

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Stallord
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Stallord »

I just got on the PTR to check this out And We don't auto aquire mobs (with normal shots I.E. Arcane stings etc) anymore luckily Cobra shot or steady shot does switch still but thats easily avoided luckily I usually spam my kill shot macro near the end of a fight anyway haha so Its a fix and a not fix for some I'm just glad they finally took out the auto attack stuff that made me do so many pulls :F
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nubhorns wrote:It's not the lone mob that bothers me. One mob I can handle. One mob...hell I can leave Spider on one mob and go make a coffee. It's no big deal. But if your autotarget hits tab-level stupid and goes straight for a new pack on the other side of the room(or a CC'd mob, or a boss), it's going to fire that steady/cobra shot right into something's face, and it's friends are going to come beat up your group. Normally it's not a problem, and I've seen accidental pulls get snatched up by good tanks and burned down fairly quickly - it's not the risk of a wipe that annoys me, it's the fact that the risk of a wipe is going to be on my shoulders 24/7 if the DPS do their job and something dies while I'm casting, and half the time I won't have a chance to do anything about it regardless. Steady and Cobra shot play such a big part in our rotations, it's bound to happen at an annoying frequency unless you have auto-attack turned off, which personally drives me insane.

As for cutting off unwanted attacks now, I usually mash escape and turn the other way. It works maybe 7 out of 10 times.
One word...

Stonecore.....

LisaaraPokefarm

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Stonecore...a sense of forbidding doom washes over the hunters in the room

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

* Summoned pets now start with 100% HP, up from 0.
NOW THAT WOULD BE A FIX =|

Seriously, the whole "I dismount only to have my pet 1-shotted from randomly aggro'd mob" deal is old now. Can THAT be fixed? I mean really. If Blizzard can't figure out a way for summoned pets to have 100% HP upon summon/dismounting, then give us a glyph that allows us to run with our pets along side our mounts like they used to.

Problem solved!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Omg... BOT... many.. mobs.. large.. groups.......... wait a min don't we already do this? :lol: I dont know how many times a guildie hunter says whoops or I say whoops... considering that large amount of CC blizzard is happy to implemented.. happy trigger hunters its not going to be good folks.. and then I can hear it now "learn to play your class!" and Ill be like.. "but but blizzard "fixed" me and point them to the notes", Autoshot likes to go off for no apparent reason.. and bad things happen.. very bad things folks especially when I am trying to pad my numbers.. other range classes I doubt have this much problems many a time I have hit the CC target by accident.. but now we all have a bigger reason to not wanna pug :lol:

Rikaku I agree fully!! I HATE that bug! hate it hate it.. with a passion, in TB it is horrible! especially with a 10 sec revive your pet, so Im a sitting there for a whole 10 secs while reviving the pet who shouldnt have gotten one shotted in the first place.. and in pvp its horrible to.. nothing like chasing down the FC, to have your pet a 10% health to get one shotted.. and then you have no pet to save you from getting ganked. I say they fix it, or id love to have my pet out with me, I mean really I am possitive they can do it, how many times do we have quest npcs who dont agro anything until they are told to attack and your dismounted?! or make revive pet faster or let us switch pets! Nothing like.. I am sorry my other.. 4 pets but you can't come out to play and save my life until scruffy comes back from break

whats worse is when rogues run after you, get you dismounted and one shot your pet, then kill you... or those stealth mobs in TB.. ive almost died many times from them cause my little pet didnt have enough health to last 1 sec..

*sigh*

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I think that it would be a great idea if they could implement it in a way that only In Combat targets would be selected for the currently channeling spell/shot.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

The mobs will be chasing us :( and i thougth i had left the mobs train in eq when i left it.. but i guess it came back to hount me

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

I put a ticket in just the other day about this "bug" issue, and the GM that wrote me back said and I quote that blizzard was aware of this bug and was trying to find away to fix it. However, this is not a fix it is simply blizzard could not find a way to fix it or just do not care about fixing it at this time. They will wait until is enough of an issue then make a hot fix. Its not if we were good hunters we would know how to handle auto targeting, what about the people who have just picked a hunter for the first time and have no idea how to stop auto targeting? Blizzard will wait until Hunters are immediately kicked out of dungeon groups and not picked for raids any more before they will do anything.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Nubhorns wrote:
I think this sums up everything we're all feeling right about now.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||