Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Wailing Caverns

Unread post by Acherontia »

Patchnotes:
Wailing Caverns * The maze section has been removed, and nearby creatures and bosses have been adjusted to compensate.
Can anyone do a check and see if the mobs themselves are changed? As far as I remember, ALL of WC was a maze (be a shame to see it nerfed), so I don't know which part is being "removed."

I THINK that the only unique mob there is the Deviate Coiler Hatchling outside the instance, which somehow has been shown to be of a slightly different color to other orange wind serpents. However, quite a few pets--like the white or purple snakes--are only available to low-level players here.

If the section with cobras were removed, then, this would mean that the Serpent family would go from being first available to level ~18s to being first available to level ~40s.

Anyone know?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Wailing Caverns

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The maze part of WC is the "right" side of the instance where the majority of the bosses are. All I can say is that if they're removing that part, thank the gods--I fuckin hate going through there and getting lost fairly often.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

This is just like when they nerfed my precious beloved Sunken Temple. Am I the ONLY ONE who actually enjoys more than just a straight line in dungeons??? I hate that most of the dungeons now-a-days are in and out within 10 minutes, I miss the old days of them actually deserving the names dungeons, rather than 'quick runs'.... Idk, maybe I'm still a bit stingy about the horrible nerf they did to my favorite instance... *sigh*

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Do you have any idea how many people get lost in WC? And because there's so much trash and it takes so long, most of my groups end up disbanding. I'm lucky if I ever finish a WC run on my alts with a PuG group.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well, I just must be one of the crazy few who liked a challenge. Part of the reason I haven't been on WoW seriously in several months is b/c I'm sick of the Spoon-Feeding and Baby-level challenges... I'd much rather give a go at Pokemon B+W, Take on some 'pwning' gunner in CoD, or beat Chaos mode on God of War 3 than deal with the whiners, babies, lazies, and Elitists that complain if anything takes a little bit of effort in WoW...

The game is just TOO simple now, everything is about In-and-Out quick dungeon runs for rep/gear, or taking on a boss that has been downed by the most important guilds more than 5 weeks ago, so you know exactly what to do, rather than actually trying to solve it yourself, PvPing (in which case, I'd rather play a FPS) or grinding endlessly for something that shouldn't require the amount of effort it receives... I MISS CHALLENGES.

That's why I'm stingy with this change, and the nerf to my favorite dungeon ever. I KNEW where and what to do, down to a science, and sure, maybe many don't consider that a great feat, but it's something that I was able to claim, that few others could, and I liked that. Now everyone and their Moms, dogs, cats, and cousins can do a dungeon run b/c it's been nullified to near toddler levels... everyone does the exact same thing in WoW, and it's hard to stick out without getting coined a noob, jerk, a child b/c Blizzard feeds into that mentality with simplifications, and spoon-feeding the 'high and mighty cookie cutter' players.

/end rant

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There's nothing hard about WC though, it's confusing, not hard. Everything else in the dungeon is easy, it's just very easy to get lost in there, especially if you're new or haven't run it much.

[/center]
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

*sigh* You completely missed the point. I was able to navigate WC, ST, and almost any other 'confusing/challenging/hard/etc' dungeon like I had a full drawn map. It wasn't much to anyone else, but I took pride in being able to lead my groups through these places. They got rid of the effort needed for them by nerfing them to drool-inducing stupidly easy to navigate corridors and hallways. This makes me more than upset.

I'm done arguing here, as I can't seem to get my point across, and if the above paragraph doesn't make any sense to you either, I see no point pulling this out any longer than it needs to be.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Congratulations, *you* knew the dungeon like the back of your hand. But you're not 11 million other people that may have had trouble navigating the place.

[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I remember the horror of going into WC for my serpent. And then the horror of going in after that, solo, to re-get my Suresh. And oh my, yes. I got lost many times. It was worse with the first, but not terribly much better the second time I ran in. I also used to go in regularly to grind scales for twink gear. And even aftre all *that*, I would get lost and be forced to hearth out sometimes rather than try to find the way out.

TL;DR: I got lost. A lot.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

No more discussion on whether or not this is a good change, please. Do we have any info on changes to the beasts yet?
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Mania wrote:No more discussion on whether or not this is a good change, please. Do we have any info on changes to the beasts yet?
Ok, I just got done running through Wailing Caverns. The good news is that no beasts are MIA or otherwise missing. Even Kresh (the named turtle) was still there, although he was level 21 instead of being level 20 like I remember him being. I also Beast Lored mobs and nothing has changed there either. Everything that was tamable before still is, and stuff that wasn't (the Deviate Pythons and Skum) aren't. The only possible MIA mob would be the rare spawn Deviate Faerie Dragon, but finding out if that's missing could take awhile given how rare it is.

However, the bad news is this: The part of Wailing Cavern's they reduced is the maze on the right side where most of the wind serpents were. Instead of being a winding set of caverns that you have to find your way through, they essentially walled up most of it starting where the first major junction used to be. This means less deviate shambers, druids, and the trash plants, but also a lot less wind serpents. In all, there were probably 6 or 7 wind serpents total instead of the 20+ there used to be.

So, to sum it up, nothing is missing that affects hunters, there are just less wind serpents to tame.

PS - On a side note, I pulled out my "Fire Pig" while I was there and found out they added a burning sound effect to him. So, not only does the flaming boar look like he's on fire, he also sounds like it too.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Awesome, thanks so much :) The last boss still summons the white cobras, right?
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

speaking of WC, has anyone seen the Deviate Faerie Dragon in there on the PTR? It's a rare spawn that looks like a huge sprite darter hatching that lived in the maze section.

if anyone finds it, could you tell me what it drops? (hopefully they won't remove the Firebelcher wand!)

thanks!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3