Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms

Unread post by Chimera »

I dont come on this board much at all but the first page of this board didnt have anything mentioning it so, im posting it. With all the rants about how Blizz has designed the system at this moment in time (April 6th 2011), its most likley going to change or be removed but for now, I really feel for both my characters and every DPS player in World of Warcraft.

This is why.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hey, with any luck it'll mean more tanks in the queue for those rewards and therefore causing DPS to sometimes get called to arms. I've actually been in situations, depending on the time of day I'm queueing, where all we're missing is a DPS.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Its such a rare occurence for me to not see dps in the que it drives me nuts >.< i want mounts and mini-pets tooo! *shakes fist*

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Considering the number of DPS, I would be shocked if there was ever a DPS call to arms. But it should hopefully lower queue times. And I don't think that I'd 'feel for them'. I mean, all things considered, this isn't going to affect me, other than making me wish that I could get Called To Arms so I had a chance of getting some of the mounts I'm yet missing!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah...it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

A small part of me is kind of going "Late April Fools?" since this seems like such a strange change to shut people up about queue times.

It's a little unfair if DPS never have a chance to be Called to Arms, that means all the pures will *never* see any of these goodies which will lead to bitching anew and this won't actually solve much. =/

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, I'm thinking that I don't like this. >.< Simply out of greed and jealousy, of course. I really would like a chance at those rare mounts, but I highly doubt DPS will EVER get Call To Arms.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since DPS will never see a Call to Arms, I eagerly await the flood storm of QQ this going to cause causing Blizzard to take this away, or revamp it to allow DPS a chance at the bag.

[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Im highly thinking Blizzard will shrink back on this and scrap it before it ever sees Live servers rather then make everyone happy with bulging bags... The QQing is intense in the post about it (I am one of the QQers i do not lie XD)

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I've been reading other forums also, both sides, and it's a little ugly, but I can understand why.

As a pure DPS, I find it sad that I very highly doubt that I or any other planning on choosing to DPS in the ques provided, will reap no benefit of this new "feature"

As a raider, I actually don't really do daily random heroic (in fact for close to a month since my last) as I essentially have all the points I need from raiding, so the inventive of shorter que times are of little use to me.

As a mount collector, whom avidly put a lot... and I mean A Lot of time into obtaining these mounts (I am lucky to have the three mentioned so far), that they are now being offered to only those whom are "Called To Arms" is a little disappointing for all those whom have put in the time and energy to specifically obtain these.

I may not be missing out on anything, but I still find it a tad sad that other tanks and healers in my place do get something desirable. Is it selfish, wanting to get the same options that others do?

On the other hand, I'm glad (well I hope it will work) that que times will go down for those whom don't have the time to wait for the current times offered and I'm glad that blizzard is looking at different ways to address this.

I just personally think that the rewards, no matter how "vanity item" they are, are still a bit too rare and rewarding considering that it is only offered a specific few.
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Wow. This is stupid, imo. The only thing I have ever waited on is tank or heals. I've sat in queues for 30 minutes with the 3 DPS already lined up...

As far as QQ goes, I think it's rather justified, although I'm obviously biased.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

As far as I know it's not "only"... those mounts will still drop from their original sources, much like the blue drake continued to sometimes drop from Maly but also might happen in the Oculus goodie bag.

So you can keep farming it, it just will continue to be annoying instead of just being handed to you for being awesome.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

With any luck, it'll actually make the queues shorter. The reception for this on MMO-C is going much better than I thought--I expected a lot more complaining.

I found this an amusing summary of how a lot of us DPSers are acting:
"god damn it blizz make the queues shorter"
"we cant, not enough tanks are queueing"
"make them"
"we cant force them"
"i dont care i want shorter queues, fix it!"
"ok fine, you now get shinies when you queue as a tank, hopefully more tanks will queue, thus reduceing the time for DPS classes"
"fuck you blizzard i want shinies!"
"you wanted a shorter queue?"
"i also want more shinies now!"

[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Nachtwulf wrote:As far as I know it's not "only"... those mounts will still drop from their original sources, much like the blue drake continued to sometimes drop from Maly but also might happen in the Oculus goodie bag.
i dunno if its just me but im confused as to how thats worded..

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Xakaal wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:As far as I know it's not "only"... those mounts will still drop from their original sources, much like the blue drake continued to sometimes drop from Maly but also might happen in the Oculus goodie bag.
i dunno if its just me but im confused as to how thats worded..
I think what Nacht means is that these mounts they listed are still available through their given instances, which are more than easily soloed at level 85.

[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Ahhhha~ It'd make it easier to get them then... if you arent picky which ones you get xD You can only do a raid once a week and a heroic once a day if you cant que for it so it ups the chances (hardly.. but, it does) of getting a mount you want. Its when you get specific that it gets hard @_@

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

There's currently 851 posts about this subject on the official boards, and I can't say I'm surprised.

There was a few somewhat intelligent suggestions as to how to "fix" this proposal, however, with the most viable being to make the rewards BoA -- that way, you can get them on a tank/heals alt, and mail them to your collector. Plus, rewards that you already have on one toon won't be wasted.

If they do that, I can see this actually being a good idea (it will give me incentive to play as my Paladin again, and maybe dual-specc my DK). Otherwise, this would suck. Hunters are actually in a somewhat better position, as we can solo most of the old dungeons these old mounts dropped in. Clothies, however, have it really rough. My bf might be able to solo Magister's Terrace on his Ice Mage, but a lot of clothies aren't so good outside groups.

If this does go live (and it probably won't considering the QQ-ing), I hope Blizz will do something, anything, to make it more fair first.

If they don't ... well, I can almost hear the champaige bottles opening at RIFT HQ.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

One problem is, heroics are heroics to be hard and i personally cant cope with that pressure on a tank or healer, specially with all the nerfs to healers (i dont tank anymore..) and im sure other people are like that too :(

Good idea on the having the rewards BoA though ^^ i like that idea very much~ i got like 8 ppl on wyrmrest that would kill for mounts full of epicness lol

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Cerah wrote:the most viable being to make the rewards BoA -- that way, you can get them on a tank/heals alt, and mail them to your collector. Plus, rewards that you already have on one toon won't be wasted.
^

This, is a great suggestion and comprises much better. The rewards are very nice, the problem in eyes, is the current suggestion possibly makes it way to limited to a selected few roles for how nice the rewards are.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Spiritbinder wrote:
Cerah wrote:the most viable being to make the rewards BoA -- that way, you can get them on a tank/heals alt, and mail them to your collector. Plus, rewards that you already have on one toon won't be wasted.
^

This, is a great suggestion and comprises much better. The rewards are very nice, the problem in eyes, is the current suggestion possibly makes it way to limited to a selected few roles for how nice the rewards are.
I think the BoA idea is great. What I think Blizzard is going for is providing more incentive for tanks and healers of all kinds to queue for the heroics--the benefit DPS get from this is lowered queue times, which is what they/we have been complaining about all along.

[/center]
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

This just makes me sick. How much of the impact in queue times (if any comes out of this) will be due to more competent tanks? Also, how does this solve the problem that raids require a lower percentage of participants to be tanks than dungeons?

Finally, because he said it much better than I can manage (and in a more civil tone):
Spiritbinder wrote:I may not be missing out on anything, but I still find it a tad sad that other tanks and healers in my place do get something desirable. Is it selfish, wanting to get the same options that others do?
All I can add is that I pay the same monthly subscription as someone whose main is a tank (or offspec tank, for that matter). Sure, we have accused Blizzard of giving one spec preference over another for years, but how fair it is to make such accusations is debatable; their goal is a more balanced game in PvE and PvP. But, overtly giving preferential treatment to certain classes... :x
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!