Drake of the West Wind

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
azurelith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage(alliance)/ Bronzebeard(horde)

Re: Drake of the West Wind

Unread post by azurelith »

If you compare the two picutes, the armor is not just dark because of the shading, the armor was changed to a different color.
In the first picures, it looks like the mount is using this armor (looking at the armor only, not the drake) but the second drake is using this armor.
Look at the color around the neck in particular.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

they have actually fixed this bug and they did indeed change the model to use the armor from model viewer also the lightning is no longer solid and attached to drake it correctly displays as spark that randomly appear and dissapear and it makes it look much better especially around the tail area
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

DO. NOT. WANT. >.>

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I would like to mention that I noticed on live that when I hovered over someone on one of these drakes, the highlight color of it turns very similar to that bright color in the second photo.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I would like to mention that I noticed on live that when I hovered over someone on one of these drakes, the highlight color of it turns very similar to that bright color in the second photo.
I didn't have my drake selected in either screen shot. Trust me it is was a much brighter color on the PTR than on live, but as others have replied it has been confirmed that this is a bug on the PTR and will not go live.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm not saying you did. It was just something that I noticed that I felt worth pointing out. You can't select your own mount which is why I didn't say you have your mount selected.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I'm not saying you did. It was just something that I noticed that I felt worth pointing out. You can't select your own mount which is why I didn't say you have your mount selected.
I know you can't select it, I meant I wasn't hovering over it but mis-typed. I also apologize if my reply came across as defensive I was only trying to clarify your observation and feel bad if it seemed otherwise :( I know what you mean about things changing color when hovering your mouse but in this case it was a complete color change. I should have taken the screen shots somewhere less dark and not as far away so it was easier to see the change :oops:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The change is obvious, and I understand it's a bug on the PTR. I mentioned what it looks like when you hover over it (you can't hover over yourself to highlight something either) because that's the color it bugged to on the PTR. I was just mentioning the correlation between the two. As in, it got stuck somehow on its hover color. :)

[/center]
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:The change is obvious, and I understand it's a bug on the PTR. I mentioned what it looks like when you hover over it (you can't hover over yourself to highlight something either) because that's the color it bugged to on the PTR. I was just mentioning the correlation between the two. As in, it got stuck somehow on its hover color. :)
Ah ok....I understand what you meant now...it's an exam week for me so don't mind my taking forever to clue in :oops:

I never realized you couldn't hover over your mount...maybe I was thinking of something else...my pet maybe? Anyway thanks for clarifying :D

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

it went from booger colored to easter egg monstrosity >_>

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

You actually can select/highlight your own character. I do it and then hide my UI when taking pics sometimes. You can do this by clicking or mousing over your own unit frame on the UI.

Either way, I logged on to the PTR yesterday after transferring over a fresh copy of my hunter. I wanted to see how the North Wind Drake looks. I checked both Wind Drakes and they look the same- well, better- the static lightning is now animated like it should be, as said before. I waited with bated breath for that to be fixed; I was a bit annoyed when I noticed that animation layer was broken on the mounts. I didn't notice any lightening of the colors of the mounts, perhaps it was fixed in the patch update they had recently applied. All in all pretty exciting :)
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I didn't think targeting yourself actually caused the highlight colors to appear the way they do if you hover/target a pet or other player. But I could always be wrong. /shrug

Either way, to me, it looks like the drake glitched in its hover color.

[/center]
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Suicune »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I didn't think targeting yourself actually caused the highlight colors to appear the way they do if you hover/target a pet or other player. But I could always be wrong. /shrug

Either way, to me, it looks like the drake glitched in its hover color.

Yeh, it's the same amount of highlight, I've checked it before standing next to people on a particular mount or w/e and tested it. The ambient lighting of a zone also can play a huge part in the look of characters in game. Sometimes I am blindingly bright, and get washed out even more upon highlighting- downfall of being such a pale girl. Lol. But yeh, it surely looked like it was caught up on the hover color. It does indeed seem fixed, at least for me on the PTR.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I kind of forgot about targeting yourself to get the effect, so thank you for mentioning it. :) I was just thinking of not being able to hover over yourself the way you can another player.

[/center]
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Suicune »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I kind of forgot about targeting yourself to get the effect, so thank you for mentioning it. :) I was just thinking of not being able to hover over yourself the way you can another player.
Yeh, that always annoyed me, not being able to target yourself or hover over yourself in that way. Not sure why, just always irked me :lol:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It would be kind of a neat effect.

/rerail

[/center]