Just read a call to arms.

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Just read a call to arms.

Unread post by evil950510 »

I have read both the posts on the blizzard forums and petopia forums, and as usual Tanks and healers love the idea since they believe that their class deservers special perks for be the class they chose, but DPS hates the new idea because they know they’ll most likely will get the chance to have to be called to arms. Yes the tanks and healers only receive the bags if they’re able to complete the dungeon, but this will not stop the bad tanks and healers from trying to at lease try to cash in. I know I have had some really bad Death Knights who thought they might try tank for a change, who knows maybe after a couple failed groups they might pick up their game? At the same time this gives, who I remind you chose their class, special treatment over people who, like me, have tried tanking or healing and just do not care for it. I think a little extra money and a flask is fine, it is not an easy job and they well deserve it; however, a chance at a free mount that many have spent years to collect is going too far, why can not they make it possible for every class once per day after completing their first random of that day heroic be rewarded with a bag that might have one of the mounts? As I see it is this is blizzard just throwing at people “shinys” to distract players from the real problem. Tanks and healers do not want to Pug heroics because they’ll are such a strain on them. They are extremely difficult, most require some kind of pre knowledge before, which the tank has to most often explain to everyone, and on top of it most people just do not have the dps for. So in the end you end up with a lot of wipes, so tanks and healers would just rather run with guildies than set in the dungeon finder waiting on what might be a fail group. Blizzard decided in Wrath to make easier so players would be able to obtain the gear they needed to improve their over all DPS, but then suddenly thought that was too easy so they took that away, and now people to spend 30 to 45 mins in ques just for a few points so that maybe in a week or more they can finally get one item that might just barely raise your dps a little more.
Last edited by evil950510 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: My two cents on "call to arms"

Unread post by Wain »

I believe it was locked for a reason. Please respect that and find a new topic of conversation :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Re: zzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread post by evil950510 »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Just read a call to arms.

Unread post by Moderator »

Yeah, we had a really long thread on this just a bit ago... which resulted in a lot of heat but no light. In other words, everybody has an opinion and nobody's opinion is changing based on other people's arguments, so, at this point, let's not keep being upset about this for a while... after it's been in use for a month or so and there's more information to bandy about, maybe we can have a more productive conversation.