Scattered Shots: Patch 4.1 hunter loot

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Scattered Shots: Patch 4.1 hunter loot

Unread post by evil950510 »

new loot we're getting comes from the two new 5-man dungeons, the revamped Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman. These dungeons will drop ilvl 353 epic loot. This means that while the loot is better than other heroics, it's still going to be worse than your raid gear. Worse yet, despite dropping a bunch of new loot on us, there still isn't another frickin' hunter bracer [Update: commenters point out that yes there is! Woo!], and there still isn't a frickin' gun. Come on, guys! If you're making new loot, please fill up our gear gaps!

Nevertheless, there are plenty of other shiny new toys for us to play with. Join me after the cut for a rundown of the patch 4.1 hunter loot.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/04/21/scatt ... #continued
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: Scattered Shots: Patch 4.1 hunter loot

Unread post by Sasrei »

yah... so you need a high Ilevel to get into something you probably dont even need the gear for. Well.. id go on Sas for the mount I guess

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

346 is 'regular' heroic gear, which I'd see as reasonable for going into the 'next tier' of heroics.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Well to be fair, I think the new Heroic gear should be worse then raid gear. This patch isn't bringing a new raid. If it were bringing a new raid, then I could see the new heroics bringing gear better than old-raids. So if there's new heroics in 4.2, then I wouldn't be surprised if it's better than BoT normal raid loot (for example)

But what gaps are Hunters missing O_o? I don't think we're missing guns, there's a heroic gun in Vortex Pinnacle. It's not better than raid stuff, but it does fill the slot. The only gear gap I know of is bracers, and now that's filled up too XD

But I do want those bracers since Chimaeron is being a jerk and won't give them to me.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Epic gun is definitely missing. Dwarf hunters don't have a lot of options to move past Lightningflash or Kickback 5000 unless they pay out the wazoo for Crossfire Carbine (and the tank stats with it).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!