more fire turtles in 4.2

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

more fire turtles in 4.2

Unread post by Zangor »

it looks like with the latest blizzcast video there may be more terrorpene model turtles in firelands......i dislike this as they may end up becoming a more common version of him and that would really detract from his special appearance. i hope before 4.2 goes live they decide to maybe recolor the common version or something to let us who have him and legitamatly camped him to jkeep red fire turtles rare i suggest a blue recolor or maybe give terrorpene armor on his legs and head
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: more fire turtles in 4.2

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Terrorpene's already insanely common as it is so I'm not bothered by this. If they're made tamable I'm happy not to have to camp a rare in a fairly trafficked area.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Honestly, if they do make Terrorpene common? I will be more than happy to change Panzer back to his Mudrock Spikeshell roots. I don't dislike the Terrorpene, but I don't like it enough to keep it around after it becomes common. He's a fun status symbol for me now. When/if he changes, I don't think I'd be as interested... and to be honest, happy for that. Panzer comes home! ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*shrug* I could hardly blame them for using such a fitting model for that area. As Tyger said, Terrorpene's seen very often anyways. Rares are never hard to come by, they're more popular than any common skin.

I love my Iggy, and it wouldn't bother me at all if there's a common version of him or not. The model is amazing, and that's why I like him. :D
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

not saying its a bad thing but id love it if there was some cool new way we could distinguish terrorpene from the rest besides its been revealed the entrance to firelands wont be near his spawn like we thought it was gonna be....its near where we send nemisis into retreat at the shrine of malorn. if nothing happens ill be fine too but i think it would be cool to give him an upgrade he is after all one of the minions that assaulted hyjal....perhaps a lone survivor that refused to retreat into firelands.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think Terrorpene's fine the way he is. He's already pretty special, why should he deserve anymore special treatment? Those who tamed Terrorpene know that they went and camped the rare. Besides, we have no proof that the new fire turtles are even tamable.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

I'd love it if they could make a difference between him and the new ones, that way people could tell if you just picked a common one up or spent hours camping Terror :O

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

true but the odds are in our favor
nemesis was the twisted essence of an ancient and volcanoth is a god so terrorpene was a great excuse to make the model tameable dont see why the new ones wont be since they are essentially small versions of the same lava turtle speices
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Litlemouse wrote:I'd love it if they could make a difference between him and the new ones, that way people could tell if you just picked a common one up or spent hours camping Terror :O
The difference is that YOU know which one is which.

I don't understand this (what I feel is) selfish desire for every rare look different from its common counterparts because people feel the need for other people to notice the difference between the pets. The only thing that matters is how YOU (general you here) feel about your pet. Guess what? The majority of the non-hunter community couldn't care less what pet you're trying to show off by your side.

[/center]
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

"I love you, Terrorpene! You're my bestest favoritist pet in the world! It took me forever to find and tame you, but I finally succeeded! <3"

*regular tamable fire turtles appear*

"OMG WHAT THE HELL NOW EVERYONE WILL HAVE A FIRE TURTLE I HATE YOU TERRORPENE GET OUT OF MY LIFE AND NEVER EVER COME BACK!!! >=O"

I shall never, ever understand this mindset

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

For me, most of my rares are 'because I went and camped it'. I value them because of what they are. For me, Terrorpene was fun, butr the fun sort of wore off. I liked the way he looked, but I missed my original Panzer. I kept Terror around because I *had* camped him and could crow about it. Not because he's special to me in the way the Lime, Arcturis, or Sambas are. So for me, if he becomes common, my only reason for keeping him around right now has faded.

It's like with Huhuran. I kept her around because she was massive and very showy, as well as being 'Huhuran'. I never used wasps in PVP, and for PVE, it's just 'for fun'. When the new patch came out, she was quickly released.

On the other hand, if they came out with a common green Devilsaur, I'd probably still keep my Fanged Lime around rather than going for a red. And if they had common white Outland chimeras, Codebreaker would still be mine forever.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

doesn't matter to me once I bond with my pet (it gets it's name then) I'm never gonna get rid of him/her Bëëtlejuice on the other hand.... will be my first pet to go.... dammit blizz I loved my teeny beetle and now I can't look at Bëëtlejuice

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Ellaran wrote:"I love you, Terrorpene! You're my bestest favoritist pet in the world! It took me forever to find and tame you, but I finally succeeded! <3"

*regular tamable fire turtles appear*

"OMG WHAT THE HELL NOW EVERYONE WILL HAVE A FIRE TURTLE I HATE YOU TERRORPENE GET OUT OF MY LIFE AND NEVER EVER COME BACK!!! >=O"

I shall never, ever understand this mindset
Please marry me.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised - this happened with Madexx("BRONZE IS WORTHLESS"), happened with Karoma("IT'S NOT A REAL GHOST WOLF YOU ALL ARE POSERS"), happened with Pitch("NOT REAL HUMAR"), happened with now-restored Rak'shiri("HE'S NOT UNIQUE ANYMORE") and it just goes on and on and on and on

NO OTHER HUNTERS CAN EVER HAVE COOL PETS EVER
YOU HAVE TO CAMP FOR DAYS
IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T DESERVE A PET THIS UNIQUE AND SPECIAL LOOK AT MINE HE'S STILL A RARE

The only place Terrorpene was ever rare was out in the wild. You can't take two steps into Orgrimmar before tripping over some jerk's Sandstone Drake tail and landing face first on a flaming shell.

If you liked him because he's rare - he's still rare. And no one else cares if you have a rare pet or not. The only justification behind showing off a rare tag or whatever is a boost to your e-peen.

I'm not raging at you, OP, and I'm sorry if it seems that way. I know you don't act like this. :) I'm just...really really tired of people who do*.

*No one in this thread obvs.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, well said Ellaran and Nubhorns. x) I completely agree.
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Honestly. They'll be level 87+ and unless they tag em the same way they have Chromaggus tagged for tame, you won't be seeing them tamed.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Regardless of whether or not Terrorpene should remain special, it *would* be a great opportunity to add another colour of fire turtle though! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Wain wrote:Regardless of whether or not Terrorpene should remain special, it *would* be a great opportunity to add another colour of fire turtle though! :)
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin? GREEN!!!!!!!!!! Or blue.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I could care less about a pet being rare or not. I like the skin not if its rare or not as I can't stand wasteing my time camping for a certain skin. I'm all for makeing a common version of this skin.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Yea its like the Grimtotem Spirit Guide and Karoma. A player cannot see from looks alone if its the original spirit wolf that people discovered and en mass put tons of time and gold into to tame something that shouldnt even exist or if its the spirit beast. Ive seen dozens of Terrorpenes both in cities and in cataclysm zones, his bad ass look is turning him into another Loque'nahak :S Only difference will be the npcID and the knowledge that you did not cheat and go tame a regular fire turtle and brag it was Terrorpene.

Also! Almost forgot, think of the rare Brown Madexx and the now common brown HordeScorpionMount model that flourishes in lands both left and right of Sekhet Wastes or whatever Madexx's place to play is called

Edit: WTB Firey azure blue turtle (azure drake mount color) to replace the black, an icy blue for highlights (the yellow on terrorpene) and a deep arcane purple for the shadows (the dark red on terrorpene)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

MajorThor wrote:Honestly. They'll be level 87+ and unless they tag em the same way they have Chromaggus tagged for tame, you won't be seeing them tamed.
How dare you use reason to crush a debate?
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!