more fire turtles in 4.2

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: more fire turtles in 4.2

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah. It took me long over a year to get Skoll. :( I was griefed a couple of times and just couldn't catch him - even missing nights of sleep to camp. I honestly don't mind common mobs with the same skin. No one will change the story or excitement behind my rares and nothing will take away memories of the joys of finally getting them.

But the camps for many of them well and truly sucked. I just can't do it anymore. And I honestly sympathize with people who cannot commit to hours just sitting in a spot. Second shift has murdered my wow time.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Novikova wrote:Yeah. It took me long over a year to get Skoll. :( I was griefed a couple of times and just couldn't catch him - even missing nights of sleep to camp. I honestly don't mind common mobs with the same skin. No one will change the story or excitement behind my rares and nothing will take away memories of the joys of finally getting them.

But the camps for many of them well and truly sucked. I just can't do it anymore. And I honestly sympathize with people who cannot commit to hours just sitting in a spot. Second shift has murdered my wow time.
Whenever I hear about someone devoting fruitless hours and hours at a time to camping a rare, it makes me cry a little.

In a manly, non-sensitive way of course.

But seriously, I have nearly all of the rare pets, and I'm about as casual as it gets... I did it simply by leaving my hunters camped in the general area, checking now and then (like maybe 2-3 times a day), and if it wasn't there I simply played another toon or shut wow off and did some RL stuff. Avoids griefers (the longer they see someone sitting there, the more the thought starts to form in their mind that maybe they'd like that rare too... or simply that it might be fun to pester you).

Sooner or later it spawns - and the longest it ever took me was a couple weeks.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'd like that kind of luck! Madexx camping turned my winter break into a cross-eyed blur of sand, scorpids and a few other hunters. I made some good friends but I honestly don't think I'm much for camping anymore unless I have homework I can sit at the desk and do or go do chores and leave NPCscan cranked up. Frankly, I'm glad it's done and over with so now I can just call out to people if I see them. I would get tense if I saw someone park near me or buzzing over head.

If others can be spared the camp, why not. As I said, no one will take the stories or joy of finding my rare pets from me. Lots of people like to have their rare pets out and use them, so I'm hardly unique. It's like wearing hats - some people do it to show off their headgear, some just like hats and some do both. There should be a few unique pets, but I really would like common versions of many of them (Like a common spirit beast would be *awesome*. Stinks to have a whole /family/ of rare beasts).
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

It's not so much luck as just not trying to force karma/fate/whatever to give me what I want by sitting there until my thing spawns. :D

If you grouped with me you'd see my luck is mediocre at best - I tend to lose need rolls unless everyone else greeds, never even saw the TLPD and as you can see from my siggy I'm coming up on threescore Anzu runs with zippo to show for it (though I do have a lifetime supply of nether cloth and ancient lichen...).
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Worba wrote:.
Nachtwulf wrote:Also... I played text RPGs exclusively for something like 12 years before starting WoW, whaddya talkin' about. >.>
... and I'm assuming you'd still play wow if it was a text rpg? If so then you sir have earned the right to dismiss the importance of graphics in an MMORPG! :headbang:
You know, I probably would if I'd had roughly the same experience I've had in WoW. I look to the game more for its social aspects, plus I play exclusively on RP servers, and it's the roleplay...the stories and the social interaction that keeps me in WoW. Sure, I could always RP in AIM or MU*s or whatever, and the graphics are an extra bonus that makes things more 'real', but when it comes down to it... I play the game because it's fun, but I -STAY INVOLVED- with WoW for ...well, entirely text-based reasons, when it comes down to it. If it weren't for the RP and the interaction, I'm sure I would've moved on to something else long since, or else gone back to MU*ing.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket