Whats new in 4.2, Your list of it all *11:04pm 6/15/11*

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: New in 4.2 *12:04pm 5/6/11*

Unread post by Sasrei »

Yah I agreed to "let" him live haha. you have that many marks already?! wow.. how... I kept on getting the bear quest thats bugged, then I forgot to abandon it so I lost another daily the next day lol

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: New in 4.2 *12:04pm 5/6/11*

Unread post by Rhyela »

Woot, pretty sweet! It seems such a small matter, but having my pet run alongside me back in the day was really cool. I wonder if DK ghouls, mage water elementals, and lock demons will get the same treatment (and any other "pets" I may be forgetting this late)?

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Re: New in 4.2 *1:33pm 5/10/11*

Unread post by Derax »

Updated this with a a bunch of new info since I finally got into the Firelands questing area. Sad thing is that I hit the Character limit on the forums for a post... I guess its all my coding I did, May have to make it look less nice if more stuff is found. I have linked a screenshot to all of the beasts and such that was found just click their names.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: New in 4.2 *10:38pm 5/10/11*

Unread post by Derax »

Updated again with some more stuff from the newest PTR build.

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: New in 4.2 *12:23am 5/14/11*

Unread post by Derax »

Big update for you guys well big as in if you like to tame spiders and the scorpid! See newest edit in original post for all the changes.

yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Re: New in 4.2 *12:23am 5/14/11*

Unread post by yaginoashi »

THANK YOU Derax. Ever since whispers of 4.2 started making their way around the web I have desperatly been searching(and hoping with tiny clenched fists) for news of new tameable beasts. Found a few screenshots an tentative possibles here and there but your list is the first solid info on new tames!!!! Please update it regularly :hug: :mrgreen:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Whats new in 4.2, Your list of it all *12:23am 5/14/11*

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the info and those pics :) I added the spider skins to the untameable skins list. As far as I can tell you haven't seen any regular fire spiders that use the orange or purple skins yet?

From your experiences in the Firelands, do the "boss" fire spiders seem like intelligent beings that would never be tameable? Given their nerubian-derived model and the fact they wear armour, it made me wonder...
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

yaginoashi wrote:THANK YOU Derax. Ever since whispers of 4.2 started making their way around the web I have desperatly been searching(and hoping with tiny clenched fists) for news of new tameable beasts. Found a few screenshots an tentative possibles here and there but your list is the first solid info on new tames!!!! Please update it regularly :hug: :mrgreen:
Your welcome, I am glad the list is being helpful I am trying my best to keep it updated as fast I can and with as much info as I can and will continue to do so.
Wain wrote:Thanks for the info and those pics :) I added the spider skins to the untameable skins list. As far as I can tell you haven't seen any regular fire spiders that use the orange or purple skins yet?

From your experiences in the Firelands, do the "boss" fire spiders seem like intelligent beings that would never be tameable? Given their nerubian-derived model and the fact they wear armour, it made me wonder...
Anytime, I use petopia A LOT and have really never done much to help out so I figure its about time. Only fire spiders I have seen are the Yellow, Green and Red ones, The green I can't get to yet so I have yet to toss it up on the list as tamable or not. I will keep an eye out for the purple as it does look very nice. The boss spider does seem to be more of an intelligent one kinda like a leader of the pack so I don't think it will be tamable but who knows.

AdamSavage

Re: New things I found in 4.2 *3:34am 5/5/11*

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Vephriel wrote:Darn, was hoping they might make it into this patch as a tameable family. :(

Well, it's still early in the PTR. *crosses fingers*
I could sworn I saw a hunter with one the other day. It was either the white one or the ghost one. I should of taken a screenshot at the time but I didn't think much of it at the time. That or I'm loosing my mind and I was seeing things.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

Not sure where to mention this but it was on the PTR when I was on it earlier. Not specifically hunter related but thought it was cool. Was going to ask if anyone saw the login screen but see it's been added. Was checking out the new hairstyles they've been finding and noticed something. Level 1 characters have more flight paths known than previous. Created a troll druid and undead hunter and still have to get my fps myself. Yet the level 1 toons I made on the ptr had several. new troll for instance could fly from Senjin to razor hill, org, Thunder Bluff and bloodhoof village. same for night elves and exodar folks (can never spell that race, sorry) They both get dolanaar, darnassus, rutheron, darkshore and moonglade. Difference would be azure watch for Draenei. (?) And I believe Night elves get exodar, could be wrong and mis-remebering. Just thought it was interesting since it means no more hoofing it to find fps so you can get places on low levels. only bad one was blood elves only getting falconwing square and SMC. Silly but could change before live.

Also, anyone notice the "raid" button on the system bar? does the raid browser and such. And the "raid" options on the interface menu with raid profiles that you can auto-activate depending on size of group or spec.

Just tossing this stuff out there as it is interesting (to me anyway) so thought I'd share so it might help out with dks, pallies, etc that anyone might have.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Derax wrote:The boss spider does seem to be more of an intelligent one kinda like a leader of the pack so I don't think it will be tamable but who knows.
I just got official word from Noah. The boss spiders are more like Nerubians and hence not intended to be tameable. So definitely don't expect those. But the regular spider ones are just awesome anyway :) Hopefully we'll see the purple and the orange ones soon.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

That sucks for the boss spiders I was wanting more pets with armor :( , Ohh well the other spiders are cool looking enough. On a side note for any admins or mods.. Not sure if its possible but is there anyway I can get a post under my Original post so I can start using it? I am really wanting to toss in more stuff I find but I am hitting the character limit for a post and I am having to cut back on some stuff that is found.

On updates I just need to wait until a new ptr build hits or I get 150 marks to move into the next daily section, That's why there has been lack of some updates. I am currently sitting at 115/150 marks.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Derax wrote:I am really wanting to toss in more stuff I find but I am hitting the character limit for a post and I am having to cut back on some stuff that is found.
Not sure they can go in and add posts after the fact. Maybe you could start another thread and split up the info between both of them? One thread for the daily quests info and one thread for everything else?
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I can't even get through the quests as I have not been able to mount on the ptr for over a week. As soon as I mount I immediately dismount. I am running zero add ons and there are others having the same problem so I know it's not from my side but Blizz hasn't responded so I don't know if they are working on it. Some people fix it by logging out and back in every time they have to mount or jumping just as the cast finishes but neither have worked for me.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Whats new in 4.2, Your list of it all *6:08pm 5/17/11*

Unread post by Derax »

I figured as much Gorman :), Guess making a new topic is best option I have. Rhapture, Try to alt-f4 during the mounting cast time or the instant you are mounted see if that helps, Doing that has fixed a quest or two for me when I have done it.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:
Derax wrote:The boss spider does seem to be more of an intelligent one kinda like a leader of the pack so I don't think it will be tamable but who knows.
I just got official word from Noah. The boss spiders are more like Nerubians and hence not intended to be tameable. So definitely don't expect those. But the regular spider ones are just awesome anyway :) Hopefully we'll see the purple and the orange ones soon.
Just be sure to tell him we need Firehawks too. Spiders creep the hell out of me, but I am all onboard for more spiders if I can get 1 firehawk ;)

AdamSavage

Re: Whats new in 4.2, Your list of it all *9:40pm 5/17/11*

Looks like the Headless Horseman loot table has been updated, JC will be able to make PVP rings, LW have pvp cloaks and so on.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/230 ... uild-14133
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Re: Whats new in 4.2, Your list of it all *1:56am 5/19/11*

Unread post by Solunerra »

Its looking good
AdamSavage

Re: Whats new in 4.2, Your list of it all *1:56am 5/19/11*

The Molten Front Offensive now rewards this!

Dr. Who Video!