More reason why Stags should be tameable in 4.2

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: More reason why Stags should be tameable in 4.2

Unread post by Lisaara »

Loki wrote:I wasn't, but people keep using the reason that hunters have been spoiled over their pets as to why we shouldn't get them sooner rather than later, which is true, although as I said the same people that want stags aren't always going to be people that care about Hydras or the other new stuff they've added (not that I am one, Olm and possible Hydras are going to be sweet).

Also, although Malorne is a lore character, and I wouldn't want the model to be straight up tameable as is, I see no reason why an edited version with all the effects turned down and a different set of colors wouldn't be able to be tameable. It would just end up being a higher quality ordinary stag basically, and you can't really expect them to create a 3rd stag model just so hunters might end up with a better non-Malorne stag if they ever become tameable.
I dont want the model in any shape or form used on any stag except Malorne. I've talked about it amongst a few druid playing friends and they said hell would be raised if Blizzard went through with that and I'm inclined to agree. I, personally, feel if they implemented such a thing, it'd be a slap in the face to not only all druids but Malorne himself. "Oh hey we finally give him a model and purpose ingame! But we're gonna just do some editing to mark out his bling and marks and let hunters have their own Malorne!"

Does anyone else look like Malfurion or Broll? Not last I checked.
Varian? They can get kinda close but not really.
Cenarius? Nope. his sons look similar but Cenarius is clearly a different model and much larger. Unique for him alone.
Velen? No other draenei looks like him.

See the bit of trend? Most major lore characters dont have a counterpart or some edited model of themselves somewhere. I feel Malorne will be the same case.

Also much like Tyger has said, Blizzard has a LOT more important things to focus on than the "GIMME GIMME GIMME!" of hunters wanting every Beast on Azeroth to be tameable. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Could we move past this? The same arguments are being used over and over by people on both sides who simply can't let go and bear someone else having the last say. It's doing nothing but generating more antagonism. Please... just refrain :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

So wait, does this mean I can't look forward to taming Malfurion and using him to solo Black Temple?

For those who didn't notice, every post I've made in this thread has been in jest. I don't actually want to tame Malorne any more than I want to tame Lo'Gosh/Goldrinn. Nor do I want to tame actual Druids...at least not until Gnomes can become druids which I think should make it open season on Druid pets.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

So wait, does this mean I can't look forward to taming Malfurion and using him to solo Black Temple?

:lol: your comment just made my day.

as far as the stag goes, i am not going to worry too much about it beacuse its an argument over a species that cant even be tamed. (at the moment)
I read the books and agree this guy should not and never will be tamed. But I dont see anything wrong with taming a reskin of the modle he has. (diff color, no markings, no doodads, just a new breed of normal stags, kind of like how crocolisks have the old world and cata modles.) i am reminded of a certen spirit beast that if im not mistaken, has the same skin as a demi god. (forgive me if im wrong- i have never been to northrend >.>) but like i said, we cant tame stags so im not all too worried about this. And if blizz chose to keep him 100% unique, i wouldnt complain.
Just wondering though...if the druids did declare war on us...would that mean we could tame them too? :)

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I don't see how you would train an animal that's primarily prey to fight. Actually pretty cruel if you think about it.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Chrizesu wrote:I don't see how you would train an animal that's primarily prey to fight. Actually pretty cruel if you think about it.
That's actually a pretty good point. The only non-predator animals we have that are tamable are moths, worms, rhinos, and boars. Moths and worms are sort of "from left field" pets, but the other two prey animals are known to be extremely agressive and ferocious in the wild in real life.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Stags can be very formidable indeed in real life, they're not something you want to mess with if they're territorial or during mating season. They know how to fight, and their sharp hooves and antlers are very powerful weapons.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Setanta wrote:So wait, does this mean I can't look forward to taming Malfurion and using him to solo Black Temple?

For those who didn't notice, every post I've made in this thread has been in jest. I don't actually want to tame Malorne any more than I want to tame Lo'Gosh/Goldrinn. Nor do I want to tame actual Druids...at least not until Gnomes can become druids which I think should make it open season on Druid pets.
MORTAL COMBAT! Family Edition.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:Stags can be very formidable indeed in real life, they're not something you want to mess with if they're territorial or during mating season. They know how to fight, and their sharp hooves and antlers are very powerful weapons.
Derp. You make a good point too Veph. I forgot about that.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel

I used to work in a hunting store (I don't even like hunting, but a job was a job), so I know how dangerous they can be. A male stag is over 400 lbs of pure muscle, and if you get on its bad side during rutting season they're just itching for a fight and can easily kill a grown man. They can be fiercely protective of their does, so if you bring that mentality into WoW I think it's safe to assume forming a bond with a stag would elicit that sort of intense protective instinct from them and they would have no trouble going into battle for you.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I learned something new today. ^_^

[/center]
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Vephriel wrote:Stags can be very formidable indeed in real life, they're not something you want to mess with if they're territorial or during mating season. They know how to fight, and their sharp hooves and antlers are very powerful weapons.

*boom* Chest-shot :lol:

I totally agree, they are one of the fiercest animals a normal citizen (if you live in a deer populated area that is) could face if they turn aggressive

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, it looks like the stag is knighting you...
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hehe, it kind of does. XD

[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

hmm, your right lol, it musta been the other one i took that i was looking at, it had his hoof lower down so it looked like he was kicking my chest xD

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Holy fel, relooking at the picture, look at all of the breaks in the stag as it's doing that attack. As much as I want them tamable, that would be pretty ugly to see.

[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

:lol: its turning snake on us xD or stagaur (centaur but a stag)

edit: heres another pic i pulled from my recycle bin, all these stag screenies were extras as i was getting screenies for my warlocks journal ^-^ glad i took em in the end now tho

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's back is breaking like the female worgen's back does (watch a female worgen from the side performing mutilate). And it looks like it has a beer belly.

[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

and can you see that his front leg isnt on the ground yet its locked in a straight position? (the first picture)

Vephriel

They're a vanilla model, and most creatures from that era have some anatomical problems if you scrutinize their animations. I don't think they look too terrible though, I'd be thrilled to get them no matter what. ^^