WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Firelands Raid Preview
Unread postPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:09 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Eredar US
Good morning, everyone. I just wanted to upload some screenshots from yesterday's PTR testing of the new Firelands encounters. Beth'tilac was up for testing for 2 hours yesterday. You can find out more at my blog, including a look at the new Baradin Hold boss. I will be back there later today for the testing on Lord Rhyolith. If you want more screenshots of anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get them later.

Attachment:
File comment: This is what the Firelands environment looks like. It's very barren but is not like what you see in Molten Core.
WoWScrnShot_051111_194642.jpg [260.56 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Attachment:
File comment: Meet Beth'tilac, probably the first encounter most raid groups will attempt when the raid goes live.
WoWScrnShot_051111_185854.jpg [196.87 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Attachment:
File comment: There are also Magmaw-like creatures and babies(?) in the lava rivers.
WoWScrnShot_051111_194141.jpg [291.84 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Attachment:
File comment: The bridge to Fandral's encounter and Ragnaros' inner keep is currently inaccessible because of an absent bridge.
WoWScrnShot_051111_193753.jpg [250.63 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Attachment:
File comment: Here's a glance at the zone map and relative locations. There are currently no trash mobs, so you're free to roam about.
WoWScrnShot_051111_194317.jpg [306.54 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

I am blogging from 35 yards out, where the view is always better.
Loronar (US-Eredar, Alliance)

Unread postPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:04 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind
Ooh looks cool :)

Unread postPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:09 am 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Its very... flat :lol: i was hoping for rivers and creeks and streams of lava everywhere with gushing volcanos and just a few flat places with the rest being like a massive earthquake hit xD

They're releasing the inner sanctum content soon i believe i read somewhere, so the bridge should be implimented soon, hopefully it will look bad ass with it being ragnaros and all :D

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Unread postPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:24 am 

Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
I had a friend of mine on PTR. He said the spider boss was UBER HARD. Makes Cho'gall look like chocolate cake.

LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!

Unread postPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:38 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Eredar US
There are definitely lava rivers, but they're mostly toward the rear of the instance. You shouldn't fall in them because I don't think there is a way to jump out from them. There are, however, a lot of lava pools that hit quite hard per second (think Terrorpene).

Here are screenshots from yesterday's testing of Lord Rhyolith, possibly named after rhyolite. There isn't much to photograph encounter-wise of him in action since he's so large. (Wowhead probably did a better job photographing him than I did.) Someone in our group dubbed him the new Supremus.

The fight spawns several types volcanoes that you have to make him dodge and and hit, depending on the type of volcano. You turn him by shooting at his left or right foot. He will spawn two types of fire elemental adds as well.
Attachment:
File comment: Lord Rhyolith, which will probably serve as a DPS and coordination check.
WoWScrnShot_051211_185006.jpg [156.31 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Attachment:
File comment: Rhyolith's encounter introduces an additional UI element to help you see what he is doing.
WoWScrnShot_051211_184527.jpg [326.27 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Attachment:
File comment: Remember the scene with Malorne? Lord Rhyolith's model has now replaced the abomination that fought him.
WoWScrnShot_051211_063417.jpg [232.37 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

I am blogging from 35 yards out, where the view is always better.
Loronar (US-Eredar, Alliance)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]