No more keyrings? (Noah, is this a bug?)

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: No more keyrings? (Noah, is this a bug?)

Unread post by Vephriel »

*nod*, regardless of that though, I am ridiculously starved for bagspace. Even if I slowly get my keys all in my bag, I don't want to keep them there as they'll take every last bit I have I'm sure.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Another idea would be to make the key an item you learn. Once you learn the key you can get into the instance or open the item that requires it from that point on.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
If there is not enough space in your inventory to hold any leftover keys once patch 4.2 hits live realms, the keys will be placed in a backlogged storage system. Once space is made for a backlogged key, the key will take that space after you log out or switch to a new zone (i.e. changing continents, entering a dungeon or Battleground, etc.).
We don't get to pick which keys are where at any given time, though. If you want to run Malygos or something, but that's one of the backlogged keys, you'll have to clear out the ones in your inventory to compensate.

For those curious/attempting to plan ahead, Kalliope has the key achievement and the following keys remained in her inventory on the PTR (this is obviously not going to be an all-encompassing list on which keys are staying, but it's a start): A good number of these keys should have been removed entirely, but weren't. So, Noah, if you're reading, is THAT a bug? ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Vetiver wrote:http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/231 ... ring-Adieu

announced today. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!

i had the key master achievement, which they took away and did not make a FOS. i have very very little bag space on my main, because i have multiple sets of cool armor that i like, and vanity items, seasonal toys, etc...i just DO NOT have room for all these keys?
^ All this. I don't know why they didn't just make Keymaster achieve a FOS since people obviously had to put in some effort to get all the keys. And our bags are already stuffed to the hilt with things like gear, tabards, archaeology stuff (that's a bag full by itself!)

I'm also concerned that with the keys that do remain, it'll be like vanilla all over again. For example, you'd try to get 40 people to Onyxia and at least 2 or 3 people every run would say, "Oh I left my key in the bank." and have to go back and get it. It wouldn't help matters if your one and only lock was one of those people. :(
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Oh, just saw this. Per blue post (source),

So, just as a reference here are the keys we're currently seeing as ones that will not be converted to gold or removed upon release of the patch -- if you have them they'd be put back into your normal inventory. This isn't necessarily a final list, and it's possible we could cut the list down even further before 4.2 releases.

Grim Guzzler Key (BRD)
Secret Safe Key (BRD)
Dark Keeper Key (BRD)
Jump-A-Tron 4000 Key (Nagrand)
Kolkar Booty Key (Barrens quest)
Relic Coffer Key (Blackfathom Deeps)
Ethereum Prison Key (Netherstorm – Blade’s Edge)
Captain’s Key (Tanaris)
Any Blacksmith keys (e.g. Titanium Skeleton Key)
Kaswryn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: (US) Lothar+Grizzly Hills (A) Alleria+Khadgar (H)

Unread post by Kaswryn »

:( Great, now I'm going to have even more junk cluttering up my bags that I can't delete out of fear I might need it someday.

Why don't they just do an overhaul on the UI instead of trying to cram new features into every possible nook and cranny?

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

ShadowAkz wrote:Why don't they just do an overhaul on the UI instead of trying to cram new features into every possible nook and cranny?
Aye, the game obviously needs it.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

erm they made the keyring to give us more space for all those keys and now they take it away leaving us with all those keys in our inventory, i won't be happy with that for sure.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Seriously, I'm sorry, but what the **** is this? We need MORE bagspace, not freaking less.

I have no bagspace as it is. 3-4 slots MAX at ANY time on my main. That's with full-sized bags and all bank slots. I was pissed off enough that they never made the Keymaster a FoS--after I went to massive amounts of effort to get the achievement. Now they're doing this?? Seriously, what sort of idiot thinks these things up? O.o

I cannot express strongly enough how negative I feel about this.

For anyone reading this, I posted here on the official forums a suggestion about how to solve bagspace issues. FROM THAT TOPIC, a random list of SOME of the things things that take up bagspace that most people would NOT be willing to throw away. Add to that different gear sets, and your bags are 100% full. PLEASE DO NOT FREAKING ADD KEYS TO THIS!

Archaeology Items: Druid & Priest Statue Set, Wisp Amulet, Bones of Transformation, Ancient Amber, Headdress of the First Shaman, Highborne Soul Mirror, Pendant of the Scarab Storm, Chalice of the Mountain Kings, Last Relic of Argus, Kaldorei Wind Chimes

Rewards from chains or lore-rich quests or sources, or lvl 60 raids: Sceptre of the Shifting Sands, Claw of the Netherwing Flight, Lantresor's Warblade, Bloodhawk Claymore, Quel'Delar, Gorehowl, Warblades of the Hakkari or of Azzinoth, Shadowmourne (or other Legendary weapons), Thekal's Grasp fist weaps, The Horde's Hellscream/War of the Shifting Sands books, Signet Ring of the Bronze Dragonflight, Sceptre of Celebras/Mallet of Zul'Farrak, Ravencrest's Legacy, Rhok'delar Longbow of the Ancient Keepers, Foror's Eyepatch, Axe of Orgrimmar

"Outfits": Theme sets (aka Scarlet set, new DK set), lvl 60 or 70 pvp/raid sets, Seasonal Clothing (Midsummer, Lunar Festival, Pilgrim's Costume, Winter Clothes etc), Lovely Dresses

Fun and/or Seasonal Items:
Don Carlos's Famous Hat, Archmage Vargoth's Staff, Mini Train Set & Wrecker, Piccolo of the Flaming Fire, Ectoplasmic Distiller, Cannonball Runner, Bouquet of Red Roses, Dark Iron Tankard, Ethereal Oil, Potion of Illusion, Ramstein's Lightning Bolts, Smokey's Lighter, Argent War Horn, Argent Tome, Frostscythe of Lord Ahune, Brazier of Dancing Flames, Pony Keg, Brewfest Stein, Elune's Lantern, Winter Veil Disguise Kit, Juggling Torches, Spring Flowers, Brightbrew Charm, Burgy Blackheart's Handsome Hat, Tol Barad Searchlight, Rainbow Generator, Minizep Controller, factional & guild Banners, Spring Circlet, Spring Flowers, Defender of the Timbermaw, Vile Fumigator's Mask

Transformation Items: Time-lost Figurine, Dark Iron Boot Flask, Orb of Deception, Rituals of the New Moon, Hook of the Master Angler, Ogre Suit, Super Simian Sphere, Stave of Fang and Claw, Darkspear Pride, various Archaeology items (listed there), Kalythra's Haunted Locket, Faded Wizard Hat

Tabards: Illidari, Summer Flames, Tournament Faction Tabards, Guild Tabards, Reputation Tabards, Argent Dawn (Unobtainable now), PvP Tabards

Profession / Fishing Items: Gems, Grinder, Leather, Enchanting Mats, Gnomish Army Knife (or Mining Pick, Blacksmith's Hammer, Arclight Spanner, Skinning Knife etc), Northern Spices, Fish & Meat, Cloth, Fishing Pole, Fishing Lures, sentimental coins, Chef's Hat, fishing hat, Titanium Seal of Dalaran

Random Items:
Steamy Romance Novel (1, 2 & 3), Torn Notes (aka Bananas are Out to Get Me), Faded Photograph, various old Plain Letters, Snowfall Lager, Mysterious Egg, Haunted Memento, Unusual Compass, Worn Troll Dice/Dwarven Dice

Lvl 60 & 70 Tier and PvP Seasonal Gear
: Self-explanatory; think full Brutal or Tier 3 Sets

Consumables: Food, Food Buff Items, Flasks, Reagents, Scrolls, Fish Feasts, Bandages, Elixir of Water-Walking
Sookie
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Sookie »

Vephriel wrote:Uggghhh, this is such a horrid idea. I quite literally will NOT have the bagspace for my keys...what the hell am I supposed to do? If they really want to use that tiny UI real estate of where the key button is, then they could just throw the keys into a window like our Mounts/Companions. (along with Tabards please)
completely agreed
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Acherontia wrote:For anyone reading this, I posted here on the official forums a suggestion about how to solve bagspace issues. FROM THAT TOPIC, a random list of SOME of the things things that take up bagspace that most people would NOT be willing to throw away. Add to that different gear sets, and your bags are 100% full. PLEASE DO NOT FREAKING ADD KEYS TO THIS!
Absolutely agree that we need at least an archaeology tab that actually holds things (do we REALLY need the non-equippable items to sit in our bags??) and a tabard tab. Would love a "closet" for vanity gear as well since that's what I waste almost all my bag space on, but I realize I've collected a lot more outfits than 99% of players so I can see them saying that's a personal choice.

Or at least give us much much bigger banks, like the guild banks, with tabs. Yes I have a personal guild bank but it can't hold the items that are soulbound so it doesn't help with those items.
twilightsky
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Auchindoun, Terenas

Unread post by twilightsky »

I am not looking forward to this change, i only have like 12/13 keys on each character but, my bags are full like 24/7 my bank is full of tabards and novelties and all that crap like when i went to zg/za when they were raids i grabbed a bunch of cool looking gear and now its not obtainable and i aint getting rid of it. I also have my old gear sets that i worked hard for and am therefore not getting rid of. So the only way out of this getting rid of key rings would be to get rid of the keys - some of the lesser keys i like keeping because they remind me of when i was a noob in the barrens like the kolkar booty key i can sit and nostalgia but for the upper keys like the Master key which took me a day at 80 to get, god knows how long it took at 70, i would HATE to see the need for this key removed all my hard work gone like that... all the TBC keys gone no longer would you need them for the hcs.. people who had worked on these would have nothing to show.. they would look to others the same as those who have not worked for it and just got it like that. A lot like the Raven Lord for the druids.. but at least you still need to get the key just now ~ rant over
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Icehammer's Harpoon Controller.

NOOOO don't take it away or make it so I can't harpoon surf >< I still do it for fun while passing through HF! xD
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Well there is one really obvious solution: click on it and you "learn" it, e.g. it disappears, and from then on the associated door / gizmo / etc is considered permanently unlocked for your toon.

This is like how they stamp your character internally during quests so the game knows which parts of the content have been unlocked.

Now players don't have to give up bag space, and Blizzard no longer needs to keep a section of the controls tied up for keyrings.