Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Nerfed to the ground goes tier 11

Unread post by Kurenio »

Straight cut from MMO-champion

Blue Post
With the upcoming content patch, 10 and 25-person Normal mode raid encounters will be receiving a comprehensive set of tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty.

These changes will allow players, groups, and guilds who have yet to experience the content in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds an opportunity to do so.

With the addition of a new tier of armour and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible and so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

Read the updated patch notes here to see the current list of changes:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2251127#blog

Please note that all adjustments are subject to change based on the current 4.2 testing on the PTR.

Dungeons & Raids
Bastion of Twilight

The damage modifier on Normal has been reduced for Arion, Elementium Monstrosity, Feludius, Ignacius, and Terrastra.
Removed one of each type of Bound elemental from the Ascendant Council chamber.

Arion
Chain Lightning damage has been reduced.

Cho’gall
Health, melee damage, Health of Corrupting Adherent, Depravity damage, Corrupting Crash damage, Flaming Destruction damage, and Unleashed Shadows damage has all been reduced by 20%.
Corrupting Crash and Depravity
Halved the amount of Corruption they give to 5 from 10.
Corrupted Bite effect caused by Blood of the Old God reduced.
Damage Taken from Corruption of the Old God per Corrupted Blood has been reduced from 3% per stack to 2% per stack.
Debilitating Beam damage has been reduced by 20% to 6,400.
The duration of Twisted Devotion has been reduced by 25%.

Dragon Siblings
Health, melee damage, Twilight Meteorite damage, Devouring Flames, Blackout damage, Unstable Twilight damage, Twilight Zone damage, Twilight Blast damage, Fabulous Flames damage, has all been reduced by 20%.

Elementium Monstrosity
Electrical Instability damage has been reduced.

Feludius
Damage due to being Frozen while Waterlogged has been reduced.

Halfus
Health, melee damage, Fireball/Fireball Barrage damage, Furious Roar damage, Scorching Breath damage, Shadow Nova damage, has all been reduced by 20%.
Nether Scion, Slate Dragon, Storm Rider, Time Warden, and Orphaned Emerald Whelp health has been reduced by 20%.
Shadow Nova base cast time has been increased.

Ignacious
Rising Flames now increases damage by 3% per stack, down from 5%.

Terrastra
Harden Skin now increases Physical damage dealt by 20% (down from 100%.)

Blackwing Descent

Atramedes
Health, melee damage, modulation damage, Roaring Flame Breath damage, and Searing Flame damage has all been reduced by 20%.
Modulation no longer causes Sound in normal difficulty.
Sound given by Sonar Pulse has been reduced to 3 (from 5.)

Chimaeron
Health reduced by 20% and melee damage reduced by 10%.
Chimaeron will now only cast two caustic slimes per 30 second cycle, at second 17 and second 23.

Drakeadon Mongrel
Time Lapse no longer stuns.
Frost Burn silence is now 3 seconds
Dwarven Kings
Whirlwind no longer drops threat.
Execution sentence now deals damage only.
Shield of Light absorption now reduced.

Magmaw
Damage and hit points reduced by 20%.
Lava Parasites have been diminished
Lava Spew damage, Magma Spit damage, Massive Crash damage, and Infectious Vomit damage have all been been reduced.
Mangled Lifeless no longer instantly kills, and damage has been reduced.
Parasitic Infection has been decreased.

Maloriak
Health, damage, Aberation health/damage, Arcane Storm damage, Prime Subject damage, Flash Freeze/Shatter damage, and Scorching Blast damage has all been decreased by 20%.
Aberration stacking damage buff decreased.
Prime Subjects no longer fixate, and are no longer immune to taunt.

Nefarian
Animated Bone Warriors take 33 seconds to fall over, (down from 50.)
Blast Nova cast time increased.
Chromatic Prototype Health reduced 20%.
Electrocute damage reduced 30%.
Fewer Animated Bone warriors spawn.
Magma Stacking debuff effect reduced 75%.
Nefarian health and melee damage reduced by 20%.
Nefarian's Shadowblaze cast frequency cannot increase beyond 1 per 15 sec.
Onyxia health and melee damage reduced by 20%.
Shadowflame Barrage damage reduced 20%.
Tail Lash damage reduced 50%.

Omnotron Council
Barrier absorb amount increased by 100%.
Increased the cooldown on Power Conversion (Converted Power chance).
Health, Melee damage, Electrical Discharge damage, Lightning Conductor damage, Health of Poison Bomb, Incineration Security Measure damage, Arcane Annihilator damage, has all been reduced by 20%.
Flamethrower damage has been reduced by 40%.
Static Shock caused by Unstable Shield damage and Poison Bomb damage has been decreased by 50%.

Throne of the Four Winds

Al’Akir
Acid Rain now stacks every 20s (up from 15s.)
Electrocute now pulses every 1s (up from 0.5s.)
Feedback duration increased to 30s (from 20s.)
Health, damage, and Wind Burst damage have all been reduced 20%.
Lightning and Lightning Rod recast time has been increased.
Lightning Strike friendly chain damage has been halved.
Will no longer use Static Shock on normal difficulty in phase 1 or phase 2.

Conclave of the Four Winds
Gathering Strength cast time has been increased
Ice Patch slow is now 5% per stack, up to 10 stacks (down from 10% per stack, up to 30 stacks), damage reduced by 20%.
Rohash, Anshal, Nezir melee, Ravenous Creeper health/damage, Ravenous Creeper toxic spores damage, Hurricane damage, Sleet Storm damage , Permafrost damage , Slicing Gale, and Wind Blast damage have all been reduced by 20%.
Wind Chill damage decreased by 20%and now increases damage taken by 5% per stack.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: Nerfed to the ground goes tier 11

Unread post by Zangor »

meh at least i can get more than the chest legs and gloves......if im getting any i wanna complete the set
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Tis a very very sad day indeed. Way to go Blizz!!! *shakes head* Sigh

At least on my server there are pugs for Nef and Cho'gal. If pugs can clear the current content Why on earth does it need to me made any easier.

Time we finally get to deathwing we'll be happy even the casuals running around in (i guess) T12.
LFM Deathwing 380+ ilvl

-----Sorry for sounding somewhat sarcastic. It's not directed at anyone here, just ARGH bluzzard. Hmm roll on Star Wars.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

to be honest its not big changes for gear.....the raids yea im dissapointed but for the gear shift and changing it so helm and shoulders will also be able to be bought is a welcome change
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

I've read oh so much QQ about this nerf, but I really don't see the reason to cry about it. The change doesn't affect me personally because we will be going straight to Firelands once 4.2 goes live, and it makes me happy that those guilds who still haven't had the chance to kill, say Nefarian, will have a better crack at it now.
And it's only normal mode nerfs, heroic content hasn't received any changes in my understanding, so it's all fine and dandy in my opinion.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sorry Zangor, I missed that little gem of information. I suppose it makes some sense. But, it sure stings to the people that worked thier butt off to get the currunt gear.

Also, i doubt, but could easily be wrong, that the head and shoulder tier items will be available via JP's.

Erwil, while you make a valid point. Try to view it from the other side. The guilds that worked hard to finally down a boss. Only now to hear ita gonna be made easier. Thankfully the heroics aren't being touched, afaik.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

SgtMakkie wrote: Erwil, while you make a valid point. Try to view it from the other side. The guilds that worked hard to finally down a boss. Only now to hear ita gonna be made easier. Thankfully the heroics aren't being touched, afaik.
I understand. The thing is, once you kill a boss that has caused problems for you in the past, that's that wall down. Next week it will be a lot easier since you've figured out what tactic works for you. The nerf will just make it a little bit easier for you to farm that particular boss. You've got the achievement to prove that you did it before the nerf if you absolutely have to make a point about it.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SgtMakkie wrote:Sorry Zangor, I missed that little gem of information. I suppose it makes some sense. But, it sure stings to the people that worked thier butt off to get the currunt gear.

Also, i doubt, but could easily be wrong, that the head and shoulder tier items will be available via JP's.

Erwil, while you make a valid point. Try to view it from the other side. The guilds that worked hard to finally down a boss. Only now to hear ita gonna be made easier. Thankfully the heroics aren't being touched, afaik.
I'm kinda glad because this will allow pugs who want to raid but cant for various reasons to do so. Hardcore guilds dont need those raids anymore. Most hardcore guilds dont give two flips about the nerf cause they farm it already or dont bother with it anymore. You worked your butt off. Thats great. YOU know that. Be happy others are gonna experience it and you can say "I did it when it first was out and it was really hard". All the hardcore raiders will be doing Firelands anyways so why should they care? :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Not all Raiding guilds are by default hardcore guilds. If a random 10 man pug can down Nef, why make it even easier? The only hard part of that fight is dealing with the adds. Not really difficult either tbh. The ironic thing is, firelands is meant to be harder than the current content. So, blizzard start getting peoples hopes up, they can finally raid and boom. Yet again, oh no its hard. Off they trot to whine at Blizz. Got to love life-cycle planning.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I'm neutral about it... I won't mind as much if they remove the phoenix mount at the same time that they nerf the brains out of all current content P: /shot

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SgtMakkie wrote:Not all Raiding guilds are by default hardcore guilds. If a random 10 man pug can down Nef, why make it even easier? The only hard part of that fight is dealing with the adds. Not really difficult either tbh. The ironic thing is, firelands is meant to be harder than the current content. So, blizzard start getting peoples hopes up, they can finally raid and boom. Yet again, oh no its hard. Off they trot to whine at Blizz. Got to love life-cycle planning.
Well no, not all but on my server, there are no pug raids that have even gotten past the first few bosses of BWD. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

If this goes live ...................... I'm done. Blizzard seemingly has stopped catering to the largest of the player base which is the harder or hardcore raiders and dungeon goers. What is the point if it's not hard????? Where's the challenge??

I'm sorry but for me, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. My subscription ends in June and I may not be renewing at this point. What a shame.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Wow I mean its nice for the casuals to get an easier shot at it, but these fights are about mechanics and knowing what to do and through time it becomes second nature. I think it may mean less of a wipe for pugs but really the main problems with pugs is that some people just dont want to pay attetion and listen which means stupid mistakes happen and a 20% damage reduction wont save you from stupidity. These are fights the require clear attention, knowing the fight and hard work..

They are doing it cause your need this gear to get anywhere in the firelands raid but if you need to pug it to get gear you wont be pugging this place for a long long time. Its probably just to gear more people up so that they can get into this raid. Or give those casuals something to do.. which if you ask me wont make them happy as their raiding friends get geared up.. soo

I dont know how I feel about it, it made me feel like it was an achievement to get all those bosses down, now as usual blizzard waters their mechanic boss fights cause people dont want to listen..

4.2 is quickly becoming my least favourite patch just due to the sheer lack of understanding on blizzards part for alot of things

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, it's ... totally the casual's fault. People want to do content!? CASUALS! Because Blizzard has never nerfed content as new content comes out right. I really don't get how everyone feels it's awesome to tear into casuals. This has happened and will keep happening. Old content is nerfed so people can hit the new. :/ Most of us won't see Firelands raids for a long, long time.

And it's totally casuals who go to Blizzard and- Oh I don't even know. I'm just depressed at the hatred for a rather large group of players. I just can't see how accessible content alongside harder content is a threat to raiders.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I happen to agree with the changes, and I like the way they're doing this. I like that players whose lives mean they can't invest hours and hours on raiding, or aren't lucky enough to have found a good guild that they're comfortable with, will eventually get to see the content. Not immediately, but eventually. It's also not a huge departure from previous game philosophy: that if you're good and you're in a good guild you get to be on the cutting edge, get the gear and the fancy mounts faster and get to show off if that's what's important to you. But while the slower players are experiencing the previous tier, the hardcore players should be advancing through the next, hard tier, with new stuff to show off. If you want that you can't ever rest on your laurels. If you don't advance in the next tier then the slower players will catch up to you. There is no end to this. The Red Queen rules this game. No matter how bad-ass you think you once were, if you stop then players will catch up.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Edit~ Actually, I'm too scared to post conflicting opinions on here *grin*

No but at the end of the day I'll play/enjoy the game how I want and hopefully my guild is progressed enough to step into Firelands when it's out so I won't even have to worry about the nerfs 8D

/over and out

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Comett wrote:I'm neutral about it... I won't mind as much if they remove the phoenix mount at the same time that they nerf the brains out of all current content P: /shot
I'm in 2 minds about this one 2, not that I should be. As one whom already has the phoenix mount, to see it made it much easier to achieve is a little sad, but then I guess that's a little bit of an elitist attitude I suppose.

This was bound to happen eventually anyway, whether it was easier to obtain via nerfs, out gearing the encounters, or to a lesser extent, even out leveling them. Its the same song that wow sings all the time, some may call it unfair, others progression, either way it's just the nature of the beast.

Wain wrote:The Red Queen rules this game.

While I normally prefer blue myself, I'm sure I could change to red for a while :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Lyc - yeah, you hit how I feel about it spot on. I don't have the mount but should be getting it soon (we finally got nef down LOL, only A'A to go!). but yeah. maybe i'm elitist 3:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:As one whom already has the phoenix mount, to see it made it much easier to achieve is a little sad, but then I guess that's a little bit of an elitist attitude I suppose.
When my fail guild finally gets that content down a patch late, I'll be sure not to tell you and make you sad ;)
Spiritbinder wrote:
Wain wrote:The Red Queen rules this game.
While I normally prefer blue myself, I'm sure I could change to red for a while :lol:
You helped me get my vitreous drake mount on the weekend. As far as I'm concerned you already rule :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

doesnt seem that much diff than icc. pugs were getting their kingslayer titles a couple months after it released.

blizz always said from vanilla, that they want everyone to see all the content. when T12 comes out it wont matter much on who clears T11. the top guild (H 12/13) on my server just cleared BWD heroic in 3 hrs tonight, and pretty much one shotted every boss, even Heroic Nef.
Last edited by Nightsights on Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.