WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary
I know there is still alot of time to do with 4.2 and the ptr and of couse I understand that things will be subject to change but so far as of right now I am not.. impressed.

7 bosses for raid tier, so.. 1 raid
its going to be hard yes but really.. 1 entire raid wont keep raiders occupied..

new firelands
ok yes its kinda neat and what not I kinda like that, never been good for dailies though haha so its fine :)

hunters = nerf
yes.. surv aoe is OP so quickly nerf it all instead of making them even, again its putting one spec ahead with MM quickly becoming the best spec while surv goes behind even BM ... *Sigh* im sorry but hard casting AS is not what I enjoy, and buffing classes that dont need them.. *clap clap*

new pets
*scratches head* well lets see, we have fire spiders, black madexxs alll around and terrorpenes all around.. compared to 4.1.. it doesnt come close,

I am hoping they will bring out some new pets that are exciting, like hydras.. so I am sure theres still hope for new pets and what not since I am sure they are busy with raids and stuff.. I hope

tier sets
ugly.. uggggglllllllyy *sighs*

nerf raiding
*sigh* totalbiscuit said it perfectly, cata was suppossed to fun and hard.. is it just me or is blizzards idea of "helping" players is by nerfing the heck out of everything, getting rid of things that are common sense (like not having pet on aggressive in raids..) and just basically hand feeding players who dont want to take the time to learn their class and the game..

pet aggressive
wth... just wth.. why.. why... W H Y. theres no reason for it, fix defensive to do what its suppossed to be doing and leave aggressive alone

so yes heres hoping that I will eat these words cause as of yet I am not impressed.. but theres still timee! I am hoping blizzard will take the time to listen to the community and not just have pointless things that make no sense whatsoever, like really..

but whats everyones view on 4.2 so far? anything make you excited? or angry? I would just love to hear peoples views as camping is boring :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard
Meh, honestly, a lot of the new stuff won't impact me at all. Why? I don't raid. I do heroics, that's all.
The new dailies place is exciting to me, but everything else is raid based, so meh.
The new pets... Fire spiders are cool. *Shrug*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:48 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
No offense to you Lupis, but the whole "it doesn't affect me mentality" is probably one of the reasons the quality of the game feels like it's slowly going down hill. Because so many people have this mentality, it gives Blizzard the okay to just go ahead and keep making these kind of changes. These changes don't affect me in anyway, but that doesn't mean I don't think they're bad changes. It sets a precedence for them to keep making those types of changes in the future (paying to game with your friends, severely nerfing content as the next tier comes out, etc). It gives the okay to expand those thought processes.

Anyway, I personally don't think the tier gear and new hunter pets should be listed as detrimental against the patch. First off, disliking or liking the tier gear is entirely subjective. What one person likes, another hates.

As for the pets, that's just kind of silly to hold that over Blizzard's heads. =/ This expansion has given us more pets than ever, we should be grateful for that. If you look at previous expansions, we weren't handed new pets every single patch (not to my knowledge anyway or we'd have a lot more tamable pets). Imo, we shouldn't be demanding them for more pets and instead be happy for what they do decide to give because they certainly don't have to.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

If its not about pets, its about hunter mechanics.. and im getting nerfed.. again.. so pets is all I have left..

if my dps is going to get nerfed id would atleast enjoy it with a really cool pet :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:54 pm 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard
No offense taken. I'm not exactly thrilled with everything in WoW at the moment, but honestly, I have so little experience with raids and raid difficulty that I just don't feel right passing a strong opinion on it. I'd be speaking out of ignorance, so I'd rather not speak at all. Which can be bad, such as in this case.

Honestly, I'm paying so little attention to WoW at the moment that most of the changes are going over my head. >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:57 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
I'm vaguely kind of watching what Blizzard does to the game just to see if they're making changes that might warrant me turning my account back on. As it stands, they're making more and more changes that I totally don't agree with, making me feel good that I'm not giving them anymore of my money.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:05 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Ner'zhul
Sasrei wrote:
If its not about pets, its about hunter mechanics.. and im getting nerfed.. again.. so pets is all I have left..

if my dps is going to get nerfed id would atleast enjoy it with a really cool pet :lol:

BM raiding is all I have to say my friend. All thats happening to BM is a slight mastery nerf which would only change our dps by about 200-700 dps difference depending on how you personally reforge.

all and all i'm not to impress with 4.2 I'm happy about the fire spiders I'm getting one myself. As for raiding I wont comment on it till I experience it myself because watching a video just isn't enough. As for the straight 20% nerf to tier 11 content. NO JUST NO! I'm sorry I get they want casual players to see the content great. Aside from Al Akir and Nefarian nerfs (as those were nightmares for guilds to get to farm content) I don't support it at all. Here is why they are already getting Full 359 gear to out gear normal modes if they can't easily get 10/12 then something is seriously wrong with them and not the game. Maybe they aren't following mechanics or just refuse to learn their class. This nerf really doesn't help anything and just puts players in the state of mind of them not having to get better at what they do.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:12 pm 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)
LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Honestly, I'm paying so little attention to WoW at the moment that most of the changes are going over my head. >.>

Same here Lupis, although for different reasons than you.
I've not been playing because money is tight around here, and my brother and I can't justify spending ~$80 on a game we have only been sporadically playing.
Heroics aren't fun to me any more, although that's mostly because of douchebag PuGs than anything else. I haven't been raiding, so that whole side of the game is lost on me. (Although the Petopian guild is looking into it.) Aside from dungeons and raids, there's really not much more to do at the level cap. Levelling an alt is fine and all, and the friends I've made in-game are fantastic, but that's really about it.

So yeah.
-I think the removal of aggressive as a pet mode is baffling. Maybe the designers thought it gave us an unfair advantage over non-pet classes?
-Raid nerfs are nothing new, although I'm surprised they're happening this early in the game. Eh, if it makes more people be able to see that content, I can't say I'm too opposed to this.
-I do like some of the looks of the teir sets. :| The new mage tier? Sexy. If only I had a high level mage to wear it. XD They hunter one isn't too bad if you remove the helm.
-We have been spoiled when it comes to pets already. I do wish we'd get the new bone dogs, perhaps a new rare or two, but I can't complain too hard considering. Fire spiders are awesome. Do want Hyrdras though.
-I really hope some of the new rewards for Firelands isn't tied to dungeons and raids. I know, lazy casual, but something awesome that I can solo would be really nice.

Last edited by Moonlost on Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:22 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Argent Dawn
I would've loved to see more bosses in this tier. I will raid, but I'm anxiously begging for something equal to Ulduar's awesomeness some time in this expansion.

*The Hunter * The Priest*

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:24 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Ner'zhul
we shall see what the firelands is like in due time

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:33 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think if blizzard keeps this up, just more and more people are going to leave. They need to start catering to the middle class, those who know their class well enough but are still learning raids. Instead of just trying to idiot proof Wow.. make it fun, and make people want to learn instead of going back to the faceroll of wrath. Cata was suppossed to be hard, it was suppossed ot make players learn their class and enjoy the diffiuclty of it and feel like youve accomplished something, instead of just nerfing or buffing with no reason at all..

unless things change I may not renew my subscription next time. The main reason I play now is cause I made alot of friends on Wow.. but ive gotten to the point that I am wondering what to do

oh and I raid surv not BM thats why I said I wasnt amused with the aoe nerfs. Single target I lose out to MM and sometimes BM, Aoe is my thing.. and now its getting nerfed to so.. yah..

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: (US)Nesingwary, Vek'nilash, and Nazgrel
I'm a bit torn on 4.2...there are some things I'm REALLY looking forward to and things I'm hoping for, but there are also things that just plain confuse me (or make me want to pound my head against the table).

Things I'm looking forward to/hoping for:
-pets out while mounted.
-rearranging my characters on the log in screen.
-pets out while mounted.
-hoping for purple lava spider+hydras+spirit beast (solid one please!)+wolves with the new pvp mount model (or else I might have to pick up pvp on a horde char >.>).
-AND DID I MENTION PETS OUT WHILE MOUNTED?!?! (I'm ridiculously excited about that XD).

Things that confuse/frustrate me:
-why are they taking away our keyrings instead of updating the UI if they need more space?!
-hunters are getting nerfed? I thought the specs were pretty well balanced, at least last I heard they were. >.>
-why are they removing aggressive instead of just tweaking defensive? The new one sounds almost the same as defensive.
-why, WHY, WHY, can't blizzard ever take the middle road options instead of going to one extreme or the other?! If they want there to be an "easy-mode" for raiding, why not just put it in and let regular be the middle ground we're missing instead of nerfing it and making the gap between regular and hardmode wider? To me, it just seems like it would be easier/better to just have multiple modes and let players decide which one is best for them. Inexperienced/unskilled/rusty/etc. at raiding or don't know your class that well? Go to "easy-mode" to get your feet wet and practice a bit then move on to the next mode when you're ready. Fairly experienced/skilled or ready for a bit more of a challenge, but not ready for/don't enjoy hardmodes? Go to regular and practice a bit more or just have fun at this level if you're comfortable here. Wanting to challenge yourself to the fullest or want to go for THE BEST REWARDS available? Go to hardmodes and knock yourself out!

Most of the things I don't like about it I can deal with (or try to anyway) since it's worth it to me for the good things, but the raid difficulty is one of the areas where Blizzard just baffles me with how they seem so unwilling to try putting in a little more effort/creativity to make something better and just go to one of the "easy" routes even if it pisses off a bunch of players (and then bouncing back the other way to try and appease them and piss off the other half).

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yep hunters are getting a slight nerf..

one thing to say

Frost•Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will now cause diminishing returns for each other. umm ok I guess thats ok but ..

and now apparently will not...
•Ring of Frost now has a 1.5-second cast time.
•Spellsteal now has a 6-second cooldown.

so.. mages complain and it gets taken off automatically, hunters complain and we get what.. zip zero nadda and no explaination as to why it was changed except ot just suck it up and deal with it

and about pets being out. I liked it.. until I pvpd.. and unless pets can actually keep up, are not attackable while running alongside us.. I am not so sure its a good thing. My pet is extremely slow for some reason and doesnt keep up, so I cant send him out to attack until he catches up to me which seems to take along time when I am bm and being attacked :lol: he can also be targetted I guess while I am mounted and killed..

what they NEED to fix is that health bug.. thats all I want.. fix it.. fix ... it.. even in pvp my pet can be one shotted once I rez for some reason he can come out and be one shotted.. its not fun

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: (US)Nesingwary, Vek'nilash, and Nazgrel
Sasrei wrote:
Yep hunters are getting a slight nerf..

one thing to say

Frost•Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will now cause diminishing returns for each other. umm ok I guess thats ok but ..

and now apparently will not...
•Ring of Frost now has a 1.5-second cast time.
•Spellsteal now has a 6-second cooldown.

so.. mages complain and it gets taken off automatically, hunters complain and we get what.. zip zero nadda and no explaination as to why it was changed except ot just suck it up and deal with it

Wow, no wonder some people complain that blizz favors certain classes. >.> Really hope the nerf doesn't screw people up too much, it was nice hearing that most people were able to play the spec(s) they wanted instead of being forced into "the best" one.

Sasrei wrote:
and about pets being out. I liked it.. until I pvpd.. and unless pets can actually keep up, are not attackable while running alongside us.. I am not so sure its a good thing. My pet is extremely slow for some reason and doesnt keep up, so I cant send him out to attack until he catches up to me which seems to take along time when I am bm and being attacked :lol: he can also be targetted I guess while I am mounted and killed..

what they NEED to fix is that health bug.. thats all I want.. fix it.. fix ... it.. even in pvp my pet can be one shotted once I rez for some reason he can come out and be one shotted.. its not fun

Ah, I don't PVP so I didn't know about that problem, but I hope they find a way to fix it before they consider removing it again. Making them untargetable and able to run at the same speed as your mount seems like it would be fair since they can't fight until you dismount.

Ouch, pets getting one-shotted is never fun >.< Not sure if they have a way to fix it though since they haven't done it yet.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:50 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Drenden/Arygos/Aman'thul
i think you forgot that they are taking out key chains again.... =/

so far i am not looking forward to this patch at all. the only thing i like about this is the fire spiders...and i wont be able to tame them bc im lvl 70. :roll:

im not looking forward to giving up the computer space needed to download a patch full of nerfs, things that i cant even reach, and silly choices like taking out....key chains? o.O

Nerfs come and go but im rather sad aboout the pets... they seem less like pets and more like enslaved zombies now. (although they always where just pixels)
as for the rest, its all just kinda meh. but we have a ways to go before the next patch so i guess we will see what elce they have in store for us.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:22 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

ShadowAkz wrote:

-why, WHY, WHY, can't blizzard ever take the middle road options instead of going to one extreme or the other?! If they want there to be an "easy-mode" for raiding, why not just put it in and let regular be the middle ground we're missing instead of nerfing it and making the gap between regular and hardmode wider?

That's what the intent behind the nerfs is, though :) You're not intended to progress from BOT/BWD to H BOT/BWD in 4.2, you're intended to progress to Firelands.

In 4.0-4.1:
Easy-mode - Heroics, ZG/ZA
Regular-mode - BOT/BWD/T4W Normal modes
Hard-mode - BOT/BWD/T4W Heroics

In 4.2:
Easy-mode - ZG/ZA, BOT/BWD/T4W Normal modes
Regular-mode - Firelands Normal modes
Hard-mode - Firelands Heroics (+ BOT/BWD/T4W Heroics for the masochists)

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:24 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Arthas
Good luck matching Ulduar... :( I doubt it.

My Six 85's & All Other Alts
105 Mounts | 137 Vanity Pets | Hunter Pets
.: Ear Candy <3 :.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:43 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Terokkar
Looking forward to it, there are a lot of good thing for hunters. The rest of the game is not my concern..

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:36 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
I feel I should probably point out a couple of things people seem to have forgotten.

Keychains: Yeah, it's kind of irritating. But firstly, Blizzard has been phasing out keys since the end of BC. Slowly but surely they have been removing the keys from pretty much everything you used to need them for. Why? They're a pain in the butt. All that you will be left with are: quest item type keys (which fall into the category of 'quest items' which are, guess what, stored in your bags until used) and BS keys. Yes, not being able to keychain your BS keys is irritating but I should point at engineers, who's "keys" also take up bag space and always have.

'Justice Points/T11/etc' : And... this is different from ICC how? Where T10 became buyable with badges from base heroics? How about that fantastic buff that made you what...30% more badass overall? (was it 50 when it stopped? I forget.) This is their raid model and has been for over a year, guys. Make it hard to start, the progression guilds will get to polish their shiny epeen and be OMG OMG OMFG FIIIRRRRRSSST to have whatever cookies are on offer, then as soon as something new comes out, they make the last tier (which will be immediately neglected/forgotten about/put on farm by progression guilds anyway) available with whatever the currency is and then the new stuff gives you that glossy epeen shine.

Think about it like televisions. When flatscreens came out, they were expensive! REALLY EXPENSIVE. But the people who OMG HAD TO HAVE THE NEW SHINY went out and bought one. Now the televisions that those people spent $5000 on cost about $800. Why? Because that's the way the system works. Those people that bought the $5000 tvs are now spending their five grand on Newer Better More Pixels 3D Laser Epic TVs....while the rest of us are going to wait until they only cost $800 because we don't care that much (or have the money).

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Unread postPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Keychains.. I think they should just make keys learnable and then you dont have to worry about them. It wont work for the BS keys and whatnot but the old raids and dungeons that still need keys, it would be nice just to learn it and not have to worry about going and forgetting about your keys.. ubrs sucked mmk... S U C K E D when you had to find someone with a key. Same as Ony.. oh forgot the key in my bank, have to go and get it.. kinda thing. If they are making keys obsolete for dungeons and raids why not just do that and save everyone a ton of hassle.

ICC... the wrath of the continous nerf? yah.. the thing is people will want to do the new content not the old content unless for kicks or what not or maybe try for some new gear but I am kinda doubting there will be alot of pugs for it after 4.2 hits since even now I dont see alot of people wanting to pug it. Most who want to raid for progression are in progression guilds and are all already on farm. Its nice that the casuals can get some time to try and get gear for firelands, but itll be a long time before pugs get into firelands just due to the gear you need from what people have said, so again people in the middle who have skill but no raiding guild will be again bored, because the old raids will bore them and they cant get into firelands cause its to hard for pugs. I just see the same cycle that its always been, blizzard supporting those that dont know anything about their class or want to, and those of high end guilds. I mean I have Sas in a high end progression guild and we are doing great, Saon is an amazing guild of whom I adore just on the guildies alone but I am so bored with her cause I am a raider at heart or a pvper and long ques.. and long camps just destroy my poor girl.

Wish blizzard would do something thatll help, the not so casual but not raiding guild players..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next