Whats your thoughts about 4.2?

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Whats your thoughts about 4.2?

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Not terribly excited for the patch. The main push of it is the raid, which I will never do. The new daily hub will be welcome, though.
Kaswryn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: (US) Lothar+Grizzly Hills (A) Alleria+Khadgar (H)

Unread post by Kaswryn »

meunkin wrote:
ShadowAkz wrote:
-why, WHY, WHY, can't blizzard ever take the middle road options instead of going to one extreme or the other?! If they want there to be an "easy-mode" for raiding, why not just put it in and let regular be the middle ground we're missing instead of nerfing it and making the gap between regular and hardmode wider?
That's what the intent behind the nerfs is, though :) You're not intended to progress from BOT/BWD to H BOT/BWD in 4.2, you're intended to progress to Firelands.

In 4.0-4.1:
Easy-mode - Heroics, ZG/ZA
Regular-mode - BOT/BWD/T4W Normal modes
Hard-mode - BOT/BWD/T4W Heroics

In 4.2:
Easy-mode - ZG/ZA, BOT/BWD/T4W Normal modes
Regular-mode - Firelands Normal modes
Hard-mode - Firelands Heroics (+ BOT/BWD/T4W Heroics for the masochists)
Yeah I understand their current plan, but what about the people who feel stuck in the middle? I think Sasrei worded the problem with the current set-up a bit better than me:
Sasrei wrote: ICC... the wrath of the continous nerf? yah.. the thing is people will want to do the new content not the old content unless for kicks or what not or maybe try for some new gear but I am kinda doubting there will be alot of pugs for it after 4.2 hits since even now I dont see alot of people wanting to pug it. Most who want to raid for progression are in progression guilds and are all already on farm. Its nice that the casuals can get some time to try and get gear for firelands, but itll be a long time before pugs get into firelands just due to the gear you need from what people have said, so again people in the middle who have skill but no raiding guild will be again bored, because the old raids will bore them and they cant get into firelands cause its to hard for pugs. I just see the same cycle that its always been, blizzard supporting those that dont know anything about their class or want to, and those of high end guilds. I mean I have Sas in a high end progression guild and we are doing great, Saon is an amazing guild of whom I adore just on the guildies alone but I am so bored with her cause I am a raider at heart or a pvper and long ques.. and long camps just destroy my poor girl.

Wish blizzard would do something thatll help, the not so casual but not raiding guild players..
I just thought that having more raid modes to allow different playstyles would help fix things for people who feel stuck in the middle with the current system.

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Daily hub will be groovy, new pets are rad. Amused by all the raid nerfs and reactions to them because ... this isn't the first time this has happened and I've never seen so much crying over it.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Looking forward to this patch for the most part. :) Excited for the new dailies and content. Peeved about the keyring thing though. Looking forward to the new beasts and still holding out hope for Hydras. :D The raiding stuff really doesn't bother me, but I have no desire to get on board that discussion.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Novikova wrote:Amused by all the raid nerfs and reactions to them because ... this isn't the first time this has happened and I've never seen so much crying over it.
^^This.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Novikova wrote:Amused by all the raid nerfs and reactions to them because ... this isn't the first time this has happened and I've never seen so much crying over it.
It's not about the nerf its about how they are going about it and their reason for doing it. If they were doing it for the poeple that are still struggling but trying to do the content sure great I'm all for it, but they are doing it for the people who haven't even set foot in there while giving them better gear because they could not be bothered to do the content. Why should get to now if they refused to before?

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Novikova

Kurenio wrote:
It's not about the nerf its about how they are going about it and their reason for doing it. If they were doing it for the poeple that are still struggling but trying to do the content sure great I'm all for it, but they are doing it for the people who haven't even set foot in there while giving them better gear because they could not be bothered to do the content. Why should get to now if they refused to before?
Look. This isn't the topic for that. It's kind of actually cruel the way some people attack one another over this. 'Why should people who didn't raid before get to NOW?' sheesh. It's kind of painful to think people in a game hate other players this much just for playing less or not having a large guild. And yes, I do miss Wrath's middle ground. But I seem to be a minority here.

I don't know what to think of the raw amount of HATE this has generated this time. O_o Even in Vanilla, BWL and co. go nerfed. But let's not derail and I should not myself do this. As I've said though, this isn't the place for it and I dunno.

I will admit I look forward to Hydras, for one. And some new dailies for cash money dollars and goodies!

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Novikova wrote: 'Why should people who didn't raid before get to NOW?'
You did not get my post and its far from hate. You don't need to put in alot of time to raid I personally have gone with 3 hours a week and have cleared content. What i'm saying is why should the people who don't care enough to take 5 minutes to learn their class and 5 minutes to learn a fight clear content that they obviously don't care enough to put 10 minutes into? that is no hate. If someone wants to raid they have to put atleast that into blizzard want to make it like lets say gunship.... Doing raid and clearing content has nothing to do with being a casual or hardcore player.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Novikova

Well, of course not. But there are those of us with less time and guildmates who can't play a lot who like slightly nerfed old content. We're not scrubs or fails or DKs in cloth - we can do ZA/ZG and maybe the odd bear run.

It takes a bit more than 5 minutes to learn a fight if you're more casual, and honestly I've yet to meet a raid guild who clears everything in 5 minutes. I'd be impressed if a raid guild downed a boss its first go. O_o Not even cheez-mode gunship or ToC. I just dislike the sentiment that those of us who can play reasonably well but not a lot should be completely shut down.

But as I've said - this is the cycle. New hard as balls content comes out, old gets nerfed. It happened in every expansion ever. That's how wow makes moneys honestly. Keep that carrot dangling over /everyone's/ head.

Parkour
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Parkour »

I've been playing on the PTR for sometime now and I enjoy the new quest hubs and dailies. Will give me something different to do other than the boring ones we have now.

I can't believe I am the only one, but the "pets out while ur mounted" thing is really more of a pain than anything. While the pets are out they pull aggro from mobs and are attackable from npcs or from the opposing faction. The only solution is to dismiss your pet before you mount up. This is really mostly annoying when I am in the molten front quest area where you can only use ground mounts and when I ride around mobs that I normally wouldnt aggro but because my pet is 5 yards to my side it aggros something.

As far as any nerfs to hunters its not really noticable to me as I quest. I raid as BM and on live do just fine atm so I doubt I'll see any huge changes. DPS isnt important anyways if the group cannot execute the strategy.

As for the new gear although I havent seen any on the PTR on a character to see how it looks I have never been a person who is worried about my character being pretty or not. He has green hair and huge teeth after all and no shoes to match. Although I will miss my murloc hat and beach ball shoulders the new set looks neat as well. anything is better than the lvl 60 pvp set :P
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Hunters are getting a tiny nerf. And I mean TINY. And I can see why! I can nearly keep up with a Survival hunter in AoE with a trap and Multi-shot without Bestial Wrath, which tells me that Multi-shot is hitting a tad TOO hard. It's better than pre-patch when it hit like a wet paper towel, but it's a little overtuned at the moment. BM mastery nerf is negligible when mastery is our least important stat, and the cooldown on Trap Launcher is nearly unnoticable.

I'm 99% sure I will still be rocking the top of the DPS meters and inspiring guildies to keep their hunter alts BM post-patch. :D
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im happy to see a nerf, i know how to play my class, ive been grinding very hard and really trying, i PuG rather then go with guild for most of my things-- usually cause they dont want to do the stuff that i am but its also so, if my dps happens to be low due to everyone having a high ilevel while im sitting at 349 ilevel and i happen to be a feral cat who gets completely outdps'd by deathknights and mages, they dont feel like their carrying me. I always, always, ALWAYS, read the boss fights for raids when im preparing to enter them, i always ensure im gemmed and enchanted, and i do watch youtube videos so i can see how the fights work but that doesnt mean im having fun when i do them.

I usually wait till content like that is horribly old because i want to see the fights in person, see the environment, see the major lore npc's and experience them for what they are. I cant enjoy the raid because im always listening to griefers and too busy trying to keep myself from getting one shotted. I do rely heavily on addons because i cant do everything that everyone else can. I make more mistakes in trying to avoid stuff then i like, and im really trying, i really am trying but my reaction time is slower-- its the main reason why i dont raid at all actually. If i had the reaction time others had i would be able to enjoy the raid and still focus on keeping myself alive in content that hasnt been nerfed.

Now to drift away from the raid nerf, im still finding Firelands to look really dull and boring but i hope that once its live and i can actually do the quests and see everything for myself, it should be, hopefully, a lot more interesting. I also like the idea that they're limiting the number of marks or whatever that you can get each day, while giving it a large amount required cause it allows them to stretch the content further, though i hope it doesnt make each zone your stuck in till you can advance overly boring and tedious.

I dont like the idea of being stuck in an area with nowhere to go until your done (worgen and goblin grounds are perfect examples imo, i like having atleast a choice, i really despise being stuck there, having to do that same content without end. Other races dont have that, they can choose where they want to do their quests, so long as your willing to run your character there). I just really really really like having at least one other place i can go to if i dont want to be in the place im currently in. But how they've set the quest lines up, we are forced to because goblins were originally neutral so they could take mass profit and worgens were detatched from the world until the undead began their assault, and the worgen curse going out of hand.

There are things i really hate blizzard for but im not one of those people who openly complain, i just accept it and find something else thats fun within the game. I used to love PvP but then they introduced mounts into the BG's. There goes my drive to PvP. They're killing off a key lore character? What? Its Cairne? /cry in corner, suck it up, never roll another tauren. I already got enough tauren that still have a lot of work that needs to be done on them. Thankfully their both druids and ive been having a ton of druid fun lately. Oh, they're nerfing more raids? Huzzah, i can finally enjoy the content without people making a big deal over mindless little nitpick things, i can raid without the horrible thought that they're gonna kick my ass just because i have reflex problems.

I just hope they're giving us daily quests in firelands that rotate with the days (like therazane), that'd be really nice and keep my interest in the firelands so it doesnt feel like a chore. It takes me foreeeeever, that is if i even complete it to begin with because i get so bored of daily quests -_- I dont like killing the same creature for like 3 weeks straight so i can progress to the next stage of advancement. Rotating quests would be absolutely faaaaabulous!

Im probably gonna be among the few who play the game till its beaten dead three times over, one patch at a time.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

aerosyne

Unread post by aerosyne »

But as I've said - this is the cycle. New hard as balls content comes out, old gets nerfed. It happened in every expansion ever
Exactly. The fact they, for whatever reason, abandoned the 'introductory raid tier' akin to UBRS, Karazhan and Naxxramas was incredibly backwards and, so far, the biggest hindsight. Heroic dungeons were past impossible for a lot of people (and still appear to be sometimes) and then it dumped you right into raiding. I've only been around since BC, which was when heroics were hard to the point of being broken, but even then it was heroic dungeons -> introductory raid tier -> upper raid tier(s). Now, certainly the Cataclysm paradigm for raiding is much more fluid and better designed, but again, it's been a relatively 'core' feature. Why take that out and for what reason was that suddenly a good idea?
Wow, no wonder some people complain that blizz favors certain classes.
They were bad changes initially. While the spellsteal change didn't really do much (and didn't discourage from spamming it to steal everything in sight), the initial RoF change made it absolutely un-usable. It would've had a 4.5 second activation time in total, and you'd rather just burn a Nova and sheep someone rather than wait for the those giant mothership-hailing lights to work. I agree that the hunter nerfs, however small they are, are dumb, but they're not in the same class of dumb as the initial mage nerfs or the new tier piece bonuses. That, however, is a whole other story.

OT:
I'm psyched to get a shot at raiding, which hasn't materialized from a combination of guilds that aren't equipped enough to be able to do the content without being carried and no extra time to devote to it. The fire spiders have me pretty stoked as well, though it'll be a hard decision on whether or not I replace my bone spider for one. The quest hub will also be nice, though I'm fully expecting it to not re-introduce the Isle PvP that I miss so terribly.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Don't really care about it, I mean meh new raid I don't raid though I don't even pve because blizzards idea of making something "hard" is to make each boss have a stupid amount of adds that come from nowhere. I mean they could come up with new boss mechanics rather than mobspam. >_>

Blizz makes a million changes that don't make any sense at all, forces you into certain parts of WoW you don't want to play.

Eh canceling my account again I'm not having any fun playing anymore :\

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Parkour wrote: I can't believe I am the only one, but the "pets out while ur mounted" thing is really more of a pain than anything. While the pets are out they pull aggro from mobs and are attackable from npcs or from the opposing faction. The only solution is to dismiss your pet before you mount up. This is really mostly annoying when I am in the molten front quest area where you can only use ground mounts and when I ride around mobs that I normally wouldnt aggro but because my pet is 5 yards to my side it aggros something.
Huh, pets aggro? I've never had my pet aggro... anything. Even in dungeons, my pet (if just following me) can run through mobs and not aggro. I assumed they just didn't have an aggro box unless you direct them to go near a mob manually.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

yea same crap is happening to my pet, I mount run up say a ramp and if any enemies are on said ramp they go after my pet. They eventually go away if I keep going but it is kinda annoying.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Derax wrote:yea same crap is happening to my pet, I mount run up say a ramp and if any enemies are on said ramp they go after my pet. They eventually go away if I keep going but it is kinda annoying.
There's always the option to dismiss the pet if you know you're gonna have to run past a pack of mobs.

And after working on Magmaw hc as the parasite kiter, I actually can not wait for the assist bar. My turtle is a great tank for the adds, but he likes to merrily run off to Magmaw every now and then. ._.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I don't actually care about it at all. The things I'm most excited about are the new haircuts and possibly the new hippogryph.

Raiding? Don't do it. Heroics? Don't do those either. Heck I don't even Roleplay much at all anymore. Most of my game-time is spent leveling alts and piddling around exploring because I'm probably as casual as they come. Nerf the content, make it harder, whatever, I'll get to it when I get to it and I'll tackle it from there.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I was worried that pets would agro like they did before when you had pets out while mounted.. I knew it messed up in pvping but I had a huge hope that maybe.. just maybe that blizzard would fix it before 4.2 comes out. Dismissing your pet everytime before mounting up is just stupid cause then whats the actual point of the change? You have two choices then

1.spend the 2 secs to dismiss your pet and hope that when you have to resummon it to attack something quickly that the pet health bug doesnt come into affect and gets your pet two shotted and you screwed until you spend 10 secs getting beat on for your pet to rez and hope it doesnt have that same bug.

2. watch as your pet agroos everything, you get yelled at by your party, and have to dismiss pet and FD asap in order to get the adds off..

all while hoping your pet doesnt get killed while you are mounted?

frig I hope thats just a glitch.

most epic thing ever haha

and uh.. frost mages NEED and I MEAN N E E D that nerf, they need to nerfed hardcore, and frost dks suck.. so them to. Frost mages got overly buffed in 4.1 and this and MORE is needed in my view.. geez they complain about spellsteal having a cooldown so they get rid of the cooldown and just make it cost more to spam it.. RoF is a bunch of BS.. even I am out of the circle and not in it and I still get frozen.

Hunter nerfs make no sense whatsoever.. like at all. Yes the aoe is a little high but thats for surv mostly is the dps boost and its the only way I can keep up with BM and MM sometimes.. especially MM..

overall though, the entire patch im just not.. so excited about. Mostly cause I do hope fireland raid is hard and all but one dungeon for an entire raid tier, most hard core raiders I foresee getting bored.. really fast. I mean it didnt take us that long with cata.. and thats 3 dungeons..

I would love to see blizzard start thinking about more fun things to do instead of the raid or pvp... and pvp you only get the gear if you can manage to get a good team together for rated bgs or arena.. so those of us that just enjoy pvp for the non *giggle* stress bgs.. unless you trade valor points for it (which if you need gear still or gold its not happening) then your still stuck in pvp blues, my epic pve gear is better I am just more squishy lol they need to give more conquest points for a the first bg win.. that be nice

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

I think Firelands looks cool.

Just because this patch doesn't baby hunters like the last few have doesn't make it any less appealing to me, personally.
This is World of Warcraft after all, not World of Huntercraft. :)

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!