Deth'tilac: New and improved Strategy edit. June 03, 2011

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Re: Deth'tilac: New and improved Strategy edit. June 03, 201

Unread post by Taaveti »

I wonder if we can have someone else kite him (without building a lot of aggro). This way all we need to do will just be repeatedly sending in pet to die and rezzing pet while Deth is chasing the friend.
Parkour
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Parkour »

updated the first post with a tiny edit about snake trap usage on him. he's currently up last time i looked on broxigar
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

about the snake trap, i have a SV off spec with entrapment for aoe add fights. snake trap will trap him in place for 4 secs. he'll hit atleast one of them. 2 if there's no cd on his attack.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

This guy is not that hard really, just kite and kite and more kite. Was helping a hunter get it when another goblin hunter showed up when Deh got to the point to tame it, that goblin would not let anyone tame it and Deh ended up dying.. so yes it was around.. 10 mins of going back and forth getting to maybe 5 secs til tame and then he grabs off you.. and the other hunter wasnt going to let him tame it so... it was sad for poor Deh and I forsee alot and I mean ALOT of heart break cause of ignorant people.. times like that I wish blizzard would implement something where people cant break your tame cause if you thought Sambas or Karoma was bad.. these guys are out in the open in a very busy quest hub.. and they are alot bigger then Sambas or Karoma who would easily be passed over. But these guys require kiting and certain things to tame it.. but if the other hunter refuses, you are screwed..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Nimlothiën
Realm: The Sha'tar

Unread post by Nimlothiën »

Bah, I always cringe a bit when I read stories like that. I really want those new pets just to phase out when you engage them, so you get a fair chance of getting it. You die, it phases back to normal and someone else can have a go. If they just leave them be, all 8 of these are going to be utter hell to get.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Sasrei wrote:This guy is not that hard really, just kite and kite and more kite. Was helping a hunter get it when another goblin hunter showed up when Deh got to the point to tame it, that goblin would not let anyone tame it and Deh ended up dying..
>.>
<.<
Did you try feigning so that the goblin would get aggro and snuff it?
I don't want to be mean but, Deth takes an awful lot of effort to get to the point where you can tame him. I'd be pretty damn ticked off myself if someone came in when I was almost finished.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

The problem with that is the other hunter with me wouldnt cooperate either.. so it was them going back and forth.. and I was the one who ended up dying for some reason at the end :lol: as soon as he died I died.. and he didnt even hit me :lol:

Sucks though we spent so long kiting this guy for another ignorant hunter to think he owns everything.. I woud have been happy that Deh just got tamed.. Deh is the only one that isnt so squishy but omgosh now that I think of it the others die by loss for being in the lava so if someone is pulling off you.. spider will probably die with being out of the lava so long.. Solix/Skitterflame atleast I know for sure if you cant get a tame off as soon as you can they will die and if a hunter pulls off you and doesnt get the tame off or doesnt reset the spider to get back his focus thats one big corpse.. :(

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Or apparently that goblin was there first, and it was that NE who was the problem. Had I known it was the goblin there first id have yelled hardcore at that NE. All I wanted was for someone to tame it but noone would let the other tame it ...

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Forgive the thread necromancy, but.... was anyone else having trouble making Deth stop coming after them with FD? I attempted to use the 'snake trap' trick, but after the first pull, I couldn't for the life of me get him off me with Feign. I thought originally it had been because of Serpent Sting, but only now does it register to me that even a Serpent Sting'd critter will disengage and run off.

It's possible he was just aggro'd to my pet, even though my pet had done nothing extra to him (Spirit Bond aggro, maybe?) but... I wonder!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Has anyone tried using a pet with heart of the phenoix? My idea, go as bm, pull with a snake trap and let him kill one or more. When he is done killing the snakes, set the pet after him and let it take the hit. After your pet dies do the auto res with heart of the phenoix, intimidate then fire another snake trap if its up, and feign. I want to try this but cannot get into the ptr.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

Sasrei wrote:Was helping a hunter get it when another goblin hunter showed up when Deh got to the point to tame it, that goblin would not let anyone tame it and Deh ended up dying..
Probably the same goblin that tried to steal-kill Deth from me, Skull-something, iunno. He tried pvp-flagging and just kept slugging Deth until luckily he failed at kiting at the end. It's a little sad that hunters are the worst tame-stealers.

Snake Trap didn't seem to work at all for me, sometimes he lost health from them but from the couple pulls I did he would hit perhaps one, then ignore any other snakes even when rooted. SV (or better, pvp MM) and a spider pet seem the best way to go for this tame, the more you can root and force him to attack your pet, the better.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Differnt server I think. The snake trap was probably fixed actually, it was way to easy in my view.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yeah, we're seeing enough people reporting snakes not working for them to be considered removed as a viable sacrifice. And agreed that they did make it too easy.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

BigRedPuppy
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by BigRedPuppy »

I'm thinking Death Knight.

Cast army of the dead but cancel it a couple seconds in so you don't get too many ghouls, and then start attacking him. The ghouls should get killed one by one, leaving him low enough to tame.

Would this work? Can Deth'Tilac be taunted? Someone wanna try this on the PTR and post on here?
Also I would love a map <3
mmjauaww
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bengal @ Dragonmaw EU

Unread post by mmjauaww »

GAH. Honestly. He keeps evading on me. Now on 30%. fml! :( I was NOT line of sight, and about 40 yards away. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I put in a ticket on the PTR, but doubt they will read it this late :(

Now to the question.. How can you duo this with a paladin friend, and me.. A hunter? Does the paladin just run in and bubble the first, run in again and die. Then coprse run back and suicide again? From what I have noticed, deth aggros everything in melee range even though you have lots of aggro. He does that with my pet even if I turn off growl and have been dpsing him for a while. I send in a pet and he instantly aggros it? Is that normal?
Kalliope

Deth seems to have a preference for attacking things in melee range, sort of like how mobs generally turn to things in melee when they're rooted and can't reach their main target. The difference is that Deth seems to do this while not necessarily rooted. I'm going to wager that this is to ensure that our pets are eating deth strikes while we're solo taming. Beats having to MD every time!

All hypothesis, but it makes sense. :)

YouTube Edition

Parkour
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Parkour »

Kalliope wrote:Deth seems to have a preference for attacking things in melee range, sort of like how mobs generally turn to things in melee when they're rooted and can't reach their main target. The difference is that Deth seems to do this while not necessarily rooted. I'm going to wager that this is to ensure that our pets are eating deth strikes while we're solo taming. Beats having to MD every time!

i duno since i havent looked for him since he was updated, but before when i just dps;'d him down i had my pet out the entire time but since i had aggro and he was never rooted he never attacked my pet.
Kalliope

Parkour wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Deth seems to have a preference for attacking things in melee range, sort of like how mobs generally turn to things in melee when they're rooted and can't reach their main target. The difference is that Deth seems to do this while not necessarily rooted. I'm going to wager that this is to ensure that our pets are eating deth strikes while we're solo taming. Beats having to MD every time!

i duno since i havent looked for him since he was updated, but before when i just dps;'d him down i had my pet out the entire time but since i had aggro and he was never rooted he never attacked my pet.
Hrm, maybe the other poster was mistaking the change of target pre-deth strike as an aggro shift? I won't even begin to speculate what I was thinking when responding.

YouTube Edition