Firelion from Firelands

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Sheeva
Realm: llane

Firelion from Firelands

Unread post by Sheeva »

Hiya guys

havent posted in a long time but have been keeping up with the news front. So finaly when i first saw that a firecat was announced i was expecting a non armored version of Fangral firepanther form, but when i saw the firelion form of his staff upgrade...wow my dream pet come true! Its nice and all for the druids who will be lucky to even get as far as killing him and being able to get the staff but lets face it, thats a very very small percentage of people. Hell i was even ready to ask my raid group if we could stop killing Fangral and tame him in one of his new forms. That flaming mane, those cuddly paws of fire and the lil fluffy fire tail end... What are the chances that this flaming beauty will be implemented as a rare in the firelands, this cat to me screams, tame me now!

PS: I was thinking one of the new rares or even one of the spiders shoulved been the flaming scorpion for too.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Firelion from Firelands

Unread post by Vephriel »

I certainly can't say for sure, but my own thoughts are that we probably won't see Fandral's forms become tamable.

Not only is he a lore figure, he's also become a major boss fight and was given unique artwork. I think it's great that Druids get a fun perk with the transformation, but other than them I don't see those forms being thrown out there as tamable beasts. That just takes a bit away from the presence of Fandral himself. I know they're fantastic detailed models, but they were probably meant to stay as forms seen in that encounter primarily. We as Hunters don't need to have dibs on every new animal model that comes out, we have quite a lot to choose from already, and there's always room for more in the future. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't want to see his forms become tameable. It's something to do with druids and hunters can't ahve everything.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They still have druid tattoos. I suspect they're no more likely to become tameable than other druid cat forms are.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

The new model is from a new staff released in firelands called "Fandral's Flamescythe" which in Cat Form (FOR DRUIDS ONLY) when you engage in combat it transforms you into a Druid of the Flame Cat. So unfortunately, no. Sorry :(

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark