I spent about half an hour on him last night, woo what a rush when I got him! Awesome challenge, now to go grab the rest of the rares!
i havent seen any others so far.
Kirix had just under a million health (lol!) not sure if this was before or after the buff you guys mentioned.
Here's how I did it (SPOILERS)
Pre-pull I put on AotW. I can't imagine this is remotely doable without it on.
1. Pulled him from pretty far away (someone said I could concussive shot him, but it didn't seem to do anything)
2. He charged at me a couple seconds later and I was launched into the air.
3. Used disengage while knocked in the air, went flying back a lot longer than normal like some kinda ninja. I probably could have got more distance if I timed it better.
4. Tossed up deterrence (blocked the killer poison and i think some of his poison aoes) and started taming.
5. Hoped for the best! haha. I have a little over 100k health unbuffed and finished with just under 2k left. Seriously!
I could see this guy being a lot easier with some stamina buffs or PvP gear (for extra HP) and possibly even the corehound heroism at the start to speed up the tame
I'll try to get a screenie up later today. don't give up fellow pet colectors!