Patch 4.2: Tips and Guides to the new Challenge Rare Spawns.

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Patch 4.2: Tips and Guides to the new Challenge Rare Spawns.

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Hey guys, these are a few Tips and Guides on how to tame the new Challenge Rare Spawns sucessfully.

First off: Ban'Thalos; Ban'Thalos is a Level 85 Rare Spirit Beast (Requires 30/30 BM to tame him that shares a same model with Olm the Wise, but he has a Wing Effect, similar to the Phoenix/Winged Guardian) that flys above Sanctuary of Malorne (Must be on the Dailies in order to see him). The Challenge: He flys to high to jump from and he has a Chanelled Moonfire which hits like a truck. Be sure to use Disengage before you hit the ground. (Keep in mind he is a victim to Freezing Trap on the PTR)

Second: Magria; Magria is a Level 85 Rare Spirit Beast located in the Regrowth (Requires 30/30 BM to tame him that shares a same model with Gondria but is Blue) and Magria is VERY fast. The Challenge: To catch up to him and you have to be naked, any armor will increase his damage done to you by a certain %. The More Armor the more damage. This also includes any Equip Bonuses that grant extra Stats and Stats themselves. So basically any Shirt, Tabard, and Bank Alt stuff might be good that has no armor or stats. If you wanna play it safe just go completely naked. (Not confirmed if he is immune to Freezing Trap or not.)

Third: Ankha; Anka is a Level 85 Rare Spirit Beast located in the Regrowth (Requires 30/30 to tame him that shares a same model with Gondria but is White/Green.) The Challenge is the same as Magria they are just different colors.

Fourth: Solix; Solix is a Level 85 Rare Spider (Red) that spawns in the Molten Front. The Challenge: Solix does A LOT of damage and can potentially one shot you therefor you need to be at Max Range with a Ice Trap (Not to be confused with a Freezing Trap) and hope for the best. Haste is your best friend on this tame.

Fifth: Kirix; Kirix is a Level 85 Rare Spider (Toxic Green) that spawns in the Molten Front. The Challenge: Kirix has an AoE that deals a lot of Poison Damage to Pets and Minions, also to Hunters but its doubled for pets. Nature Resistance is your friend.

Sixth: Anthriss; Anthriss is a Level 85 Rare Spider (Bright Yellow) that spawns in the Molten Front. The Challenge: Anthriss has an ability that stuns you dealing damage over time and can be removed by being in lava, therefor just stand in the lava and hope for the best. I'd recomend Haste.

Seventh: Skitterflame; Skitterflame is a Level 85 Rare Spider (Furious Red) that spawns in the Molten Front. The Challenge: Skitterflame has 'Energy' which is not used but the buff reads "Once Energy Levels hit 0 the creature dies" so you need to use Ice Trap and use any and all Haste Pots because every second from when he hits that Ice Trap he loses energy FAST. So its a luck of the draw. Stack on Haste and you should be OKAY.

Eigth (My Personal Favorite): Deth'Tilac; Deth'Tilac is a Level 85 Rare Spider (Deathly/Twilight Purple) that spawns in the Molten Front. The Challenge: Deth'Tilac has a buff "Molten Will" which prevents him from being tamed at high HP. (I get what your thinking, pfft how much HP does he have?) Deth'Tilac has 38 Million HP and cannot be tamed until he is at 17 Mil. And he has an ability called "Deth Strike" which causes 100% of the Targets HP in Damage instantly killing them at the cost of 10% HP. Here's what I reccomend - Bring 7-9 Friends who are willing to be "Sacrifices" to the Deth Strike. Be sure they have high survivablity and you have a healer. Be sure at 10 Mil HP to start taming him. He is the HARDEST and RAREST of all the new Rares.

Ninth: Skarr; Skarr is a Level 85 Cat (Stone Onyx Hunch Back) that spawns in the Molten Front. The Challenge: He is on a little platform/island all by himself and as soon as you jump he starts attacking you, (To my knowledge he cannot be Ice/Freezing Trapped) so haste comes in handy as you cannot tame him from the edge on the other side, so get your knowledge in hurdles/jumping.

Tenth: Karkin; Karkin is a Level 85 Crab (Black Gem Crab) that spawns in the Molten Front. The Challenge: He is on a little platform (similar to Skarr) BUT he has a Fire Spell that he spams which deals a lot of damage, so basically get a friend to stun him (Because he is stunnable) or silence him.

So there you guys have it, a little guide to the challenges coming up the road tommorow (if you did the daily yesterday and today and planning on doing it tommorow). Good luck and happy hunting!

Questions? Think I missed something? Post it in the comments below or post your own theories/strategys that work for you :lol:

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lethotix
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Re: Patch 4.2: Tips and Guides to the new Challenge Rare Spa

Unread post by Lethotix »

clean simple solo tame proven strats already listed here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 36&t=12482
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Sadly though this one is more in depth than that.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lethotix
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Unread post by Lethotix »

a lot more words yes, but ur strats are too complicated or call for outside help via buffs/consumables/friends. as i said before the guide i linked is clean simple proven and only relies on hunter skills, not haste pots, 7-9 friends and u dont even provide a strat for kirix. the strats u suggest for karkin and skarr will fail. the strat for skitter is based on luck? lol. Ant u suggest standing in lava when we've clearly stated on multiple threads that u must be swimming....there is so much wrong with ur starts plz just delete it...u'll just make more huntards out of that.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

There's no need to be rude/insulting, Lethotix.

Pointing out the inaccuracies is one thing, but telling someone to flat out delete something they've worked on is crossing the line.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

*agrees with Kalli*

Anyway, since I couldn't be arsed to read through a thread 14 pages long, how high above the tree does Ban fly? About how much health will I lose when I shoot him to tag and fall down on the tree?

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605