Pets to see to the Future! And graphic remodel!

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Pets to see to the Future! And graphic remodel!

Unread post by Tahlian »

Sadly, no. In the Romance languages, most nouns have a gender. In the case of "femme fatale" (meaning "deadly lady" or "deadly woman,") it would be "la," which is feminine, as was pointed out.

If it were a masculine noun, like "roi," meaning "king" in French, it would be "le," which is masculine.

And if that weren't confusing enough, some nouns are, I believe, neuter. And this is why we need to continue funding foreign language classes in our schools. ;)

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Oh!
Well that makes me feel kinda dumb now. :oops:

I heard rumors that Blizzard might implement a feature that would allow guild leaders to change the name of the guild (without having to start a new charter and granted the name isn't already taken). I am really hoping this is going to happen now.

In the meanwhile, maybe I can get Serenith to take off the "Le" part in my siggy so that it just reads "Femme Fatale" instead.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tahlian wrote:Sadly, no. In the Romance languages, most nouns have a gender. In the case of "femme fatale" (meaning "deadly lady" or "deadly woman,") it would be "la," which is feminine, as was pointed out.

If it were a masculine noun, like "roi," meaning "king" in French, it would be "le," which is masculine.

And if that weren't confusing enough, some nouns are, I believe, neuter. And this is why we need to continue funding foreign language classes in our schools. ;)
Would explain when The Phantom is spelled Le Fantome. x3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Predatauren

Unread post by Predatauren »

I am half french myself and i was confused^^ Actually you have "genders" for nouns such as feminine or masculine. However you don't have 3 genders like in german where "neuter" is existing. I understand that it's difficult for english people. English is way easier. No matter for genders :).
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

/chuckle

Well, I will freely admit that I am better than 15 years out from my high school foreign language classes, where I took both French and German, and just might have gotten some wires slightly crossed therein. :lol:

Hope I didn't hopelessly confuse anyone!

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Predatauren

Unread post by Predatauren »

Lol your knowledge of languages looks pretty fine!
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

would be cool to expand on the dino theme.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

@Niabi: At least you're not in Lone Wolfs! >_<

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jeauno
Realm: Moon Guard (US)

Unread post by Jeauno »

I'm sorry. No one can ever have enough cats or dogs in my opinion. They are, in so many ways Man and Woman's best friends. Hence their popularity.

As such... I've been very unsatisfied with almost ALL of the models for both cats and dogs. (Perhaps the exception being Loque and Mastiffs)

Two things. Just two things I want to see from Blizz pet wise.

1.) Lynxes. We have them, they look like Caracals. Lynxes don't have long tails. It'd be really nice to see something with long ears a bobbed tail and more realistic shape. I get that WoW is a fantasy game... and while I love my Springpaw... the tails get to me. However, I would even settle to see the current lynx models get bumped up to looking something similar to the Nelf druid cat shapes these days. Lynxes need a -huge- over haul. More colors plox.

2.) An Egyptian Spirit beast. WTB a beasty resembling a black and gold Jackal (like Anubis but feral) or a feline similar to Loque's shape done up in Egyptian black and golds.

I'm tired of the rehash Blizz.

Two new cat spirit beasts that are simply recolored Gondrias? ...sad.

That's my two cents though!~

Meichelle (85) Moon Guard (US)

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Just popping in my own two cents, I really personally disliked gondria. But Ankha/Magria were instant "OOOOoohhhh" to me. I like rehashes sometimes!
ImageImage
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

Aeladrine wrote:But I like Cwrw being all spiky and crazy! Truth be told, I absolutely hate Sambas's skin and I'd hate it if my beloved cat suddenly turned into a black version of him. Now, I'm all for new things being put in, so long as my pet doesn't change. At least give me the option to keep him the way he is!
Oh my gosh, if they changed my Telemachus lion to look like Sambas I'd be so upset! Sambas is definitely far too top-heavy for me. I think the old world pets have a lot of charm and we do grow so used to having them by our sides that a drastic change can be a little bit sad. However, I would love for the old pets to at least get a little bit of a graphics update, at least so they're not so pixelly and weird. As much as I love Telemachus' pretty white coat, I'm much more likely to pull out one of my saber cats, because I think their lines are prettier and more appealing, as well as being cleaner and not so outdated-looking.

As others have mentioned, boars, hyenas and bats especially need some more love. My hyena has a lot of character, I think, but I sort of hate using her because of her snarlyface disease.
Aeladrine wrote:Again, I'm fine with new options being added. But Blizz should never make it so something is the only option, especially if hunter's pets are going to be changed. I can promise you I would start a petition to get my old pets back and tear down every wall I had to until I got my way. Add new mobs that won't interfere with current hunter pets. Small touch-ups to obvious problems are fine. But reskinning everything in sight is a horrendous idea.
I mostly agree here, because I love having so many options. Of course, some of the min-maxing raid hunters don't really care about how their pets look, or even naming them, but I think the majority of us really get attached and want to stick with something we have had for a long time and are used to seeing by our sides. I'm not really advocating a reskin of everything in sight. Just some little updates to fix a couple things.

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Nightsights wrote:would be cool to expand on the dino theme.
I totally agree!

In fact, I think a lot could be done with Devilsaurs. Besides, nobody's ever said that Devilsaurs are restricted to looking like Tyrannosaurids. ;)

For example, they could make a Spinosaurus-type Devilaur model variant with a croc-like head, a back sail and respectable-sized arms and call it "Spiny Devilsaur".

If that ever makes it ingame, I could convince my friend to play WoW in an instant. She's a huge Spinosaurus fan. XD
Jeauno wrote:Lynxes. We have them, they look like Caracals. Lynxes don't have long tails. It'd be really nice to see something with long ears a bobbed tail and more realistic shape. I get that WoW is a fantasy game... and while I love my Springpaw... the tails get to me. However, I would even settle to see the current lynx models get bumped up to looking something similar to the Nelf druid cat shapes these days. Lynxes need a -huge- over haul. More colors plox.
It doesn't help at all that Blizzard pretty much taunted us by giving the Lynx boss in ZA an actual lynx head. -_-
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

BEARS! Fix the beats so they look less like big butt hamsters and more like ferocious bears! i kno thats asking too much, so atleast fix Gryphon texts, i hate how 2D their skin looks, their eyes have no depth it feels like, i understand not all pet models have eye indents, but atleast dont make it look like the eyes are just straight up painted on, it was ok 6 years ago, they need some skin tweaks to make them majestic
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

More Devilsaurs, maybe some more cool spiders but not more cats! we have enough cats...
Jeauno wrote:I'm tired of the rehash Blizz.
Sadly that's what a good chunk of this expansion has been..Alot of rehashing..
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

My Wish List

1. Hydras
2. More Hydras
3. Better Kitty Models
4. New Pet Families
5. New Skins and Models
6. Give hunter's the ability to tame Demons, Elementals, or (some Uncatagorized) [My idea was for this to be a new tree off of the Beast Mastery 31 Build, and you could only have one.]
7. Make a new legendary just for us hunters. (Thoridal does not count because anyone including Warriors at the time could roll on it.)
8. Give us hunters a new Aspect of the ______
9. Bring Back Eyes of the Beast!

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I totally agree!

In fact, I think a lot could be done with Devilsaurs. Besides, nobody's ever said that Devilsaurs are restricted to looking like Tyrannosaurids.

For example, they could make a Spinosaurus-type Devilaur model variant with a croc-like head, a back sail and respectable-sized arms and call it "Spiny Devilsaur".

If that ever makes it ingame, I could convince my friend to play WoW in an instant. She's a huge Spinosaurus fan. XD
Woah that would be awesome o,o thats probably my all time fave dino.

Also new raptor models and skins would be neat. (like the mount models along with sleeker looks or possibly more feathers.) I also fell in love with the almost phosphorescent looking raptors wain made xD

Another thing I would really, really love to see is another family with blind. Its quite useful in pvp and I would love to test it out but I just really hate monkeys. >.< all my life I have hated primates and despite trying to, have never gotten over it. (no offence to those who love them ;) ) I could never keep a gorilla even when they were a recommended tanking pet and even after window shopping I just couldn’t make myself tame a monkey. With many buffs like roar of courage, furious howl and shell shield being shared by two different families to give you options I am surprised that the blind has not been given to a second family as well.
Perhaps the creature kicked up/throws dirt in your eyes?
Perhaps is a terrible, acidic blinding venom spray? (like a spitting cobra)
Or maybe just a furious face-maiming angry critter attack.
Anyways, that’s one of my new hopes for future pets, a few more shared buffs.

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

SylviaDragon wrote:Also new raptor models and skins would be neat. (like the mount models along with sleeker looks or possibly more feathers.)
I've been wanting raptors that look more like Anzu ever since Anzu's model was implemented. XD
AdamSavage wrote:Sadly that's what a good chunk of this expansion has been..Alot of rehashing..
Which expansion HASN'T been a lot of rehashing? :P
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Unread post by Karin »

I once had a thought a long time ago there should be a separate class that tames dragons. Wishful thinking.

Anyway, I would like to see Blizzard design models to do new movements whenever they create a new mob never introduced before, particularly animals. For example, when I recently came across Armagedillo, I noticed he makes the exact same movements as the crocolisks, and he is a completely different animal. No offense but I do find that a bit lazy. If Blizzard has time to make new beast mobs, then why not design different movements for them to set their personality from other mobs that may not look like them at all.

Maybe Blizzard can try designing new movements for all existing mobs.

This is something I actually have been wondering about for a while so this is not a new thought. I sure hope I don't get scolded for a small rant of mine. :D