New Models - Chromatic Dragon and Chromatic Dragon Mount

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: New Models - Chromatic Dragon and Chromatic Dragon Mount

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Jessibelle wrote: Agreed. I'm so sick of drop and achievement mounts. Most of the interesting mounts have been that or TCG.
While I agree to a certain extent, that % based drops mounts can be very frustrating, RNG can be an awful mistress, I quite like the idea of some achievement mounts. Raid meta mounts can be a tad daunting when they 1st hit the scene as they are generally only accessible at the time to those with capability to raid at the levels needed to obtain them. But at least with time, these become easier, and hence much more achievable with time further down the track. Other types such as number rewards, such as the 100 mounts achievements I really do like. It gives you something to aim for, a goal that you can keep chipping away at. You can try as much or as little as you like to try and gain these and don't necessarily require you to be a hard core raider/pvp master etc. (but this can help at times) And again with this one, with time and a little person dedication can be archived by anyone.

I personally <3 chasing mounts, via drops or achievements or any means. It really gives me something to work on outside of any raiding or guild responsibilities. I know that some of them I will never get, and I'm ok with that, but I also know that dedication can reward you with more of these than you would guess... if you have the time and patients ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: NEW Chromatic Dragon Mount

Unread post by Teigan »

I...I...I want that....so....much. The way it flies, the color.....WANTNOWPLS!!!! Ever see The Neverending Story? It reminds me of Falkor.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I don't mind achievement mounts, either, but usually only if they're ones that are accessible by anyone with a bit of hard work or persistence. I'm not so fond of raid ones because some very willing people simply will never get the opportunity to raid heavily because of RL situations or because they simply never get a break and find a guild that is both talented and composed of decent human beings (stop looking at me!). Though as you say the difficulty erodes dramatically at each patch.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sandpanther
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Sandpanther »

Could possibly be MoP collectors edition maybe?
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Wain wrote:Yeah, I don't mind achievement mounts, either, but usually only if they're ones that are accessible by anyone with a bit of hard work or persistence. I'm not so fond of raid ones because some very willing people simply will never get the opportunity to raid heavily because of RL situations or because they simply never get a break and find a guild that is both talented and composed of decent human beings (stop looking at me!). Though as you say the difficulty erodes dramatically at each patch.
^This.

I am in a raiding guild, but it's a very laid back and casual one made up of a lot of people with families/kids/jobs/etc. We just now downed Rag the other night and tonight we got Heroic Shannox. I wouldn't even dream of touching the FL Achievements to get the Firehawk although I REALLY want it. I still don't even have the WotLK Achievement mounts and they're pretty easy to get now. (One day Ironbound Protodrake... I will have you.)

I'm also not that fond of the new TCG way for mounts/mini-pets, either. I'm not a big fan of spending more money on digital pixels. Well, more than the monthly subscription that is. I have been very tempted to buy codes for some of them though, if they are cheap.

This is definitely a mount I'd love to own. Do hope it's a possibility in my future, heh.
Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: [[US - Proudmore]]

Unread post by Schwert »

Sandpanther wrote:Could possibly be MoP collectors edition maybe?
This I'd approve of.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Animations make me think of an Eastern style dragon with the wavy body motions. Still looks cool...my first thought it was the 4.3 raid achieve mount.

And yeah, not sure how it's chromatic....

Btw looking at the notes...there's an Aspect of the Flights and a Blazing Drake...the Aspect changes depending on skill and location...Blazing is just flying...hmmm...
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Gunna say what I said in the other thread...

There's an Aspect of the Flights and a Blazing Drake...Aspect changes depending on location and skill, Blazing is flying only...so the Blazing one I bet is the raid achieve one...Aspect sounds like Blizzstore or MoP CE. Although no CE yet has given us a mount.
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Just speculating, but, what if this is an achievment reward for 125, or 150 mounts? We did get updated pet achievments afterall.
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Aw man, I do want that.....
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Seilahyn I like your siggy, it's pretty badass.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Wain wrote:Yeah, I don't mind achievement mounts, either, but usually only if they're ones that are accessible by anyone with a bit of hard work or persistence. I'm not so fond of raid ones because some very willing people simply will never get the opportunity to raid heavily because of RL situations or because they simply never get a break and find a guild that is both talented and composed of decent human beings (stop looking at me!). Though as you say the difficulty erodes dramatically at each patch.
^ So much this.
I'm in a raiding guild and they're pretty good, and on occasion they turn to me to fill in DPS spots, but a lot of the time I have to turn them down due to real life schedules. >.< I have the capability to raid but just not the time.
The raid mounts I most have problems with are the ones Blizzard takes away after the raid is no longer current content, or the ones that drop from a heroic version of a boss but then is turned to a rare drop. Then the only way to get it is to go back with 10 or 25 people and that can be really frustrating for a mount collector. If it does drop, you have to roll against a full raid of people. x.x Just very frustrating, heh.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Zuilu wrote:Just speculating, but, what if this is an achievment reward for 125, or 150 mounts? We did get updated pet achievments afterall.
This this this! Please give the mount collectors an interesting mount as a reward! Albino drake and dragonhawk was a bit disappointing. Especially since the dragonhawk didn't even have a saddle or a mount special that's actually a special or even reward 310 flying. For someone who collects mounts, I'd like a cool reward that's actually worth showing off. (Of course if you like those two mounts, more power to ya!)

Also random thought from me...it looks like Escaflowne's dragon form ha!
Zarola
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tanaris

Unread post by Zarola »

Beautiful mount, definitely want this one, though it does look more like something that belongs in MoP.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well lore does state before the 5 aspects where made there was 100's of flights all the colours of the rainbow so it could easily be a lost flight.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Chromatic makes me think of polychromatic. Would be interesting to have a dragon that was always changing colors!
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

Based on the name, Heart of the Aspects, I'm guessing its something dropped by Deathwing. -.- another 1% drop rate normal, 100% heroic thing. Sigh.
I'd be totally fine if it was a mount achievement achievement reward.

AKA TheDoomcookie

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

The animation reminds me of a Chinese dragon. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't tied to a MoP collector's edition like mentioned above.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

TheDoomcookie wrote:Based on the name, Heart of the Aspects, I'm guessing its something dropped by Deathwing. -.- another 1% drop rate normal, 100% heroic thing. Sigh.
Thing is, the tooltip on the Aspect mount says it changes depending on skill and location. Not many mounts do that except for the Celestial Steed, Winged Guardian and Tyrael's Charger. Plus it doesn't look like anything that would drop from DW or be a raid achieve reward. Remember, there's also a Blazing Drake we hadn't seen pics of yet that could be the raid mount.
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:
TheDoomcookie wrote:Based on the name, Heart of the Aspects, I'm guessing its something dropped by Deathwing. -.- another 1% drop rate normal, 100% heroic thing. Sigh.
Thing is, the tooltip on the Aspect mount says it changes depending on skill and location. Not many mounts do that except for the Celestial Steed, Winged Guardian and Tyrael's Charger. Plus it doesn't look like anything that would drop from DW or be a raid achieve reward. Remember, there's also a Blazing Drake we hadn't seen pics of yet that could be the raid mount.
Invincible has the same tooltip. It's the name that grabs my attention and makes me think it's a dragon soul mount. Not to mention its gold like the dragon soul, and though it's not like the typical chromatic dragon, what a chromatic dragon is is a dragon made from all the 5 flights. Perhaps this one though, instead of being a horrible experiment, is something naturally created by the aspects... It's kind of difficult to put what I'm thinking into words..

But despite my very sad thought on this, I'm praying that this will be something accessible to people who don't get to/want to raid. =\ I mean holy crap making the fire hawks raid only was mean enough. :(

AKA TheDoomcookie