Transmog Wish List

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Transmog Wish List

Unread post by Sigrah »

Things I'd like to see for the future of Transmogging :)

1) Hide Gloves and Wrist slots. I know, it'd be fighting tooth and nail given how hard it was to get shoulders hidden after all these years, but with the hide shoulder slot option now in, maybe they have a blueprint of how to do it for other slots as wee? Also, I'm sure Blizzard would immediately be on the defensive saying "here we go again, where do we draw the line on how much of an outfit players can hide?". But, I don't think it'd be horribly unreasonable, especially for clothies and all those "cosmetic" items and other sets or items that don't have matching gloves and/or wrist slot items (The Noble clothes from the Darkmoon Faire, for instance, and even the Ahn'Qiraj robes).

2) Head, Wrist, Hands, and Waist items that are "jewelry". If Blizzard wants to have yet another gold sink, here's a good one to have. Could make a bunch of rings, bracelets, and belts with all sorts of different gemstones, designs (plain, ornate, elaborate), colors (gold, silver, bronze, copper, iron, you name it), and any other stuff you care to mix in for things like crowns, tiaras, bracelets, rings, and belts. I'd add in necklaces too, but that would probably have to be in toy form (like the "Black Ice" ring is atm).

3) Make "white quality" items moggable. There are so many low level sets I'd love to use from time to time, but can't because they aren't "green quality" or better.

4) More "holiday themed" mogs. Even if they are only usable during the holiday season, it'd still be nice to do during a given holiday season.

Just my brief wish list :)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: Transmog Wish List

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I strongly believe that Blizz is actually afraid of players going naked rather than not knowing how to hide items.
I've played the game sonce 2006, 10 long years, and if there was a way of exploiting something, some idiot did.
So, yes, I kind of understand Blizz.

Blizz is a US company. The US do seem to have severe problems with nudity. Think of the L-shaped sheets in movies. ;)
And with a game that's played by minors... Fat chance you'll ever be able to hide chest and/or leg items.
And maybe they want their items, their designs, to be shown, to give a goal for newcomers, I don't know.

Visible jewlery has, as far as I know, not been implemented in the vanilla client as computers back than weren't good enough to display them.
Don't forget, we have a ten year technological developement since then.
Maybe if you'd implement it now, you'd have to rewrite large parts of the engine, like they did with the new models and when they implemented flying in Azeroth, they had to redesign the whole world, just to make it happen!

Actually, there are some items of white quality that can be mogged. Karathyriel uses a white quality bow that is moggable.
Unfortunately, my account has been out for so long, I can't display my characters anymore, so I cant link to him.
But the bow is actually this one: Brunnhildar Bow
Edit: (Oh, I just now see that the item has been changed to green quality, so forget what I've said before! It's been white quality for a long time.)
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Karathyriel wrote:I strongly believe that Blizz is actually afraid of players going naked rather than not knowing how to hide items.
I've played the game sonce 2006, 10 long years, and if there was a way of exploiting something, some idiot did.
So, yes, I kind of understand Blizz.

Blizz is a US company. The US do seem to have severe problems with nudity. Think of the L-shaped sheets in movies. ;)
And with a game that's played by minors... Fat chance you'll ever be able to hide chest and/or leg items.
And maybe they want their items, their designs, to be shown, to give a goal for newcomers, I don't know.

Visible jewlery has, as far as I know, not been implemented in the vanilla client as computers back than weren't good enough to display them.
Don't forget, we have a ten year technological developement since then.
Maybe if you'd implement it now, you'd have to rewrite large parts of the engine, like they did with the new models and when they implemented flying in Azeroth, they had to redesign the whole world, just to make it happen!

Actually, there are some items of white quality that can be mogged. Karathyriel uses a white quality bow that is moggable.
Unfortunately, my account has been out for so long, I can't display my characters anymore, so I cant link to him.
But the bow is actually this one: Brunnhildar Bow
Edit: (Oh, I just now see that the item has been changed to green quality, so forget what I've said before! It's been white quality for a long time.)
1) I know all about players and exploiting things. Was one of the first things I learned in EverQuest 1 way back in 1999, and hasn't changed since I started wow in 2005 or 2006. Long time vet of MMO's myself, and good ole fashioned MUD's like Tradewars 2002 before that :)

2) I know they have a problem with nudity. Just about every MMO does (though certainly not revealing outfits), but I don't see hiding gloves and wrist slots as adding to that. But I do get the argument they'd have internally about drawing the line and whatnot and the eating away effect that would concern them.

3) Yes, graphics have come a long way since WoW first started 13+ years ago. I've seen them make rings, bracelets, etc. in a game as old as WoW with EverQuest 2, though who's to say how comparable they are and what limitations exist in WoW. It's just an idea for both a gold sink and a way to hide gloves and wrists if outright hiding is not doable right now (not to mention it might be fun if they added some for jewelers to make).

4) Lastly, I know some white quality items are moggable, but I'd love to see all of them moggable. Me personally, I kinda like low key or primitive sets at times, and there are also some pretty good sets that are pretty nice looking (Blood Elf mail armor in the starter zone is a good example.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm with you on the lowkey items.
I try to avoid everything that sparkles, fumes, glimmers, burns or has any other kind of particle effect or looks otherwise magical.

Look at the sets I posted on my other account.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

The argument of going naked -- you realize that players can just.. take their armor off? lol? We're all still nude player models under the armor. I don't see the issue on it, especially when they all have underwear.. sorry.

That being said I love all the suggestions. Hiding gloves/bracers would be rad. And I'd love more holiday options.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There was an option to actually switch off the underwear in the Model Viewer.
Maybe they are only displayed when not covered by some other armour?
So having armour in the slot maybe causes the underwear to disappear?
Also, if you have a toon wear robes or a long skirt, you can actually see while swimming, the legs disappear and only the feet are shown.
So maybe it is an issue with the engine, we don't know for sure. ;)
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I don't need to have the chest and legs be able to be switched off (though more super skimpy options for female demon hunters would be nice), so I'm fine if that never happens. But I love the idea of having gloves and bracers invisible. I've often wished for that very thing. And having visible jewelry would be great! I've often wished my bank toon could have a nice necklace to go with the embersilk gown she wears most of the time. The neckline just cries out for one! And you mentioned EQII. In EQII, remember the items you could buy and use as costume that were invisible? Just like the "troll shoes" that WoW currently has. Well, kinda. Different system, but same idea. That could be something for tailors to make. Maybe have some fun little questline to get the recipes, with ghosts or something. I dunno.
But aside from what's been suggested, it would be pretty cool if we could adjust the size of things, especially weapons and shoulders on certain races. I understand adjusting should size would probably cause clipping in some cases, since they're tailored to each race and gender. But I think they just scale up and down the same piece. They don't create new ones for each race/gender combo, I don't think. Scaling weapons up or down seems more do-able, since weapons for each type come in many sizes. It would be nice, next time I have a weapon that clips into the ground, to be able to fix it. I don't expect to ever see any of these things, but I can dream. Oh, and I'd also like a way for offhands to be visible all the time. Some of them are really awesome and I'd like to see them other than in battle. Something that could be toggled, so if you didn't like having an offhand it would go back into hiding.
And short skirts/kilts. Tyrande and some vrykul chick can do it. Why can't we? I want a kilt!
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I wish there were more factions / characters inspired transmogs, alike to Frost Wolves' garb from WoD (but please, Blizzard, COSMETIC tag!).

Vrykuls, for example. There are some similar-ish transmogs, but not quite.

As poster above pointed out, more skirts / kilts.

A great number bigger amount of one-shoulder armor.

And, most important, Warden / Watcher transmog.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Hiding bracers would make "bell" sleeved shirts have a point after all. We can use long sleeved shirts to add sleeves to chest armor, but bracers always clamp down shirt sleeves when they don't do the same to chest armor sleeves.

As far as white armor/weapons, just look at the pandaren starting zone, there's lots of cool looking weapons (and cloak) that we can't use, unless you're a warrior using the weaponmaster shouting glyph.

I'd love holiday only mogs. It would solve the "too silly normally" vs "can't mog to fit the festivities" problem.