Speaking of Transmogrification...

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Speaking of Transmogrification...

Unread post by Pokerfase »

...How many of you think that will be a massive surge of guys (and girls) dressing female characters in revealing outfits once we can Transmog? I think chainmail bikinis are gonna become a market in of themselves in 4.3.

EDIT: Axe the scammer aspect. I also apologize for the previous gender assumptions. If you wanna know what I did wrong, just check the quotes.
Last edited by Pokerfase on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Erwin
Realm: Quel'Thalas EU / Runetotem EU

Re: Speaking of Transmogrification...

Unread post by Erwin »

I hope that at the end we can equip also white armor. I want to use the starter horde robes for my mage (those who tauren, orcs and trolls wear)

And most people will wear old tiers to me.
Image Image
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Pokerfase wrote:...How many of you think that will be a massive surge of guys (and girls that try to get free stuff out of guys) dressing female characters in revealing outfits once we can Transmog?
Of course that's going to happen, I suspect that's one of the reasons Blizzard is adding it in with such a broad array of armors to choose from instead of just tier sets.

As for the "girls that try to get free stuff out of guys" part of it, I think there's a small percentage that will do that, but I think most female players will use it to play dress up just like everyone else and wear whatever suits them at the time, including the revealing and semi-revealing outfits. I just don't think it'll always be because they want "free stuff".
Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

Pokerfase wrote:...How many of you think that will be a massive surge of guys (and girls that try to get free stuff out of guys) dressing female characters in revealing outfits once we can Transmog? I think chainmail bikinis are gonna become a market in of themselves in 4.3.
Of course, a female player wouldn't wear a revealing outfit just because she LIKES it. :roll:
Naturally we'd just be trying to get free stuff from males.
Last edited by Sam on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Pokerfase wrote:girls that try to get free stuff out of guys dressing female characters in revealing outfits
Assuming questionable things about people because of the way they are dressed says more about you than them.
Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

My bad for making an assumption. That was a part of the post I was kinda tentative about. I spoke when I was making the misguided assumption that all girls hated scantily-clad female characters (which is made even stupider when I remember that I saw Veph's set,) and I forgot that men can pull the same kind of scam by lying about their gender. The original intent was to ponder about whether we're gonna be seeing lotsa fanservice-y equipment again.

Seriously, my post made me sound like a member of the MGTOW forum (...Don't ask. For the preservation of your sanity, don't ask.)
Last edited by Pokerfase on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I will luls if i see a whole bunch of female chars in plate bikini's :lol: im really happy about the transmog too, it will give so much variety to what characters wear at end game, it will make each character more unique imo since all the end game raiders wont all look like clones of eachother :D

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Xakaal wrote:I will luls if i see a whole bunch of female chars in plate bikini's :lol: im really happy about the transmog too, it will give so much variety to what characters wear at end game, it will make each character more unique imo since all the end game raiders wont all look like clones of eachother :D
Nice observation. It actually would make things more interesting. Just like how the leaders of the Alliance/Horde and the bosses have differing amounts of clothing (from the fully-armored Varian Wrynn to the shirtless Garrosh Hellscream to... the Eredar Twins,) we too can have our own sliding scale of armor modesty. It makes us feel that much more like characters in the universe.