Sunwalker Help

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Sunwalker Help

Unread post by Silivren »

So I made a Tauren pally I'm going to level up.(Sunwalkers rule!)and I was trying to think of a future transmog set for her. She will probably be going ret but I didn't want to use a pally tier set. My question for you all is this, does anyone have any cool transmog sets for this baby pally of mine? I want it to seem Tauren-ish and not look out of place on her. Thanks all! :)

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Sunwalker Help

Unread post by Sar »

Hard to imagine anything Tauren-ish for a plate wearer tbh. My prot pally (belf) uses the Hateshatter set atm (the tank heroic 463 gear) as her transmog set. All black with hints of magenta, blue and grey-ish white throughout. Love it :)
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Silivren

Well I thought the same thing but I see Tauren paladins running around in the paladin plate set at all times to be honest. What I want is just a collection of gear that works well for a tauren plate wearer and maybe gives off the paladin vibe. I know there has to be something.. I didnt want a blood elf paladin cause they're so tiny and I see them everywhere but no female Tauren and the Sunwalker lore is just so rich and fascinating.(no offense Sar :D)

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've struggled with finding proper 'Tauren-looking' sets for a number of my characters. While some plate does look good on bulls and cows, it's hard to find anything with a Tauren vibe.

I'd probably lean toward trying to emulate Sunwalker Dezco's outfit (minus the babies of course!) or perhaps that of one of the Dawnchaser Braves at the Shrine of Two Moons.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Have you browsed through this site yet? WoW RP Gear-plate sets

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Silivren

Mozag wrote:Perhaps something like this?

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=30 ... 4846:14848

Hmm almost..the boots are throwing me off.. I really wanted more of a tribal feel.. I'm not sure, its really hard to find something that works. The Sunwalker Dezco has a paladin tier which I was hoping to avoid. I have seen the site Makoes but tyvm anyways, sadly none of those scream Tauren to me. They all seem to have been created with uh.. "prettier" races in mind. (Btw I think Tauren females are GORGEOUS). I see so few female Tauren pallies that I cant find a good transmog for the life of me. Every Tauren pally I see uses the actual tier sets which to me look very much too human for a Tauren. I dont want a set that says "Look at me I'm a Tauren paladin wearing human clothes." I want a set that says "Look at me I'm a Sunwalker.".

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Yes, I agree Doctress, everything is very Alliance-y for paladins. Nothing tribal, that's why I was trying to create something that looked as golden and sunny as possible, but without being overtly FOR THE ALLIANCE. ;)
Personally I also liked the gap at the back, and on the legs at the back on this outfit, makes it look a bit more interesting than full plate. But really, they should design a set that suits the Tauren paladin kodos. Maybe some day!
Silivren

Mozag wrote:Yes, I agree Doctress, everything is very Alliance-y for paladins. Nothing tribal, that's why I was trying to create something that looked as golden and sunny as possible, but without being overtly FOR THE ALLIANCE. ;)
Personally I also liked the gap at the back, and on the legs at the back on this outfit, makes it look a bit more interesting than full plate. But really, they should design a set that suits the Tauren paladin kodos. Maybe some day!
I think I will possibly go with this set, maybe try to find slightly different boots, the colors are a bit varying and dont seem to match. I've seen Tribal Tauren priests, rogues, hunters.. It's plate wearers that get screwed. Its sad because I made this paladin, and I'm also thinking of a priest and a druid. I hadnt taken time to appreciate Tauren very well before but when I made my paladin last night it felt like home. Calm and beautiful with the most gorgeous WoW music I've ever heard. I even got the perfect name for her - Otekah - I cant remember what language it is but its a Native American name that means Sun Maiden.

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh that's a lovely name! I am glad you found a race that resonates for you, I love the Tauren in theory as well, but find it hard to play one despite leveling two to max level in their time. I was tempted by Tauren paladins when they became available, but decided against it precisely due to the lack of tribal gear. So I've just stuck to the Alliance on that class. :)

Still, it's always a triumph when we find a race that really strikes a chord, and that is something to celebrate in any case, gear or no gear. :D
Silivren

Mozag wrote:Oh that's a lovely name! I am glad you found a race that resonates for you, I love the Tauren in theory as well, but find it hard to play one despite leveling two to max level in their time. I was tempted by Tauren paladins when they became available, but decided against it precisely due to the lack of tribal gear. So I've just stuck to the Alliance on that class. :)

Still, it's always a triumph when we find a race that really strikes a chord, and that is something to celebrate in any case, gear or no gear. :D
It is! I loved night elves and such because I love night, the moon, etc. I love the sun, the daylight, rolling hills, etc as well though. It started raining last night when I was in Mulgore and I fell in love it just seemed so calm and soothing. I love the rain, I love elements like that. I love how the Tauren revere both the Sun and the Moon as well as Nature. Everything is of equal importance to them and they seem to be the ONE WoW race that has always been peaceful.(Minus the Grimtotem of course, which still love awesome. LOVE the face paint.).

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of "tribal", but this might suit you if you're looking to wear Thunder Bluff colors at any point:

Thunder Bluff Plate
Silivren

Sigrah wrote:I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of "tribal", but this might suit you if you're looking to wear Thunder Bluff colors at any point:

Thunder Bluff Plate
Maybe a bit more gold for the Sunwalker but that is PERFECT for my warrior I'm planning on having!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Doctress wrote:Maybe a bit more gold for the Sunwalker but that is PERFECT for my warrior I'm planning on having!
It seems like that will be quite a challenge then. A lot of the sets I think of when I think "Sun" or "Sunwalker" are more geared towards Blood Elves than other races. Still, here are the best three I could come up with:

- Full Replica Lightforge Set: It would include a Sunreaver Tabard and a Merciless Gladiator's Greatsword (which has a heavy fire effect that hides all enchants and could be your "Sunblade") to complete things. However, it seems more "Blood Elvish" to me than "Tauren".

- Modified Replica Lightforge Set: The only difference here is that you would use Judgement Spaulders instead of the Replica Lightforge Spaulders in order to give it a little more oomph. Like with the first version, it feels more appropriate for Blood Elves.

- Full Sunscale Set: This is similar to what Mozag posted previously, except that it uses the Sunscale shoulders and chest instead, along with some "extras". Personally, I think this is the closest yellow/gold set that will match up with the Thunder Bluff Tabard & Cloaks (if you want it to, that is).

On a side note, I did try to build sets around the Tabard of Summer Flames, but the red and gold on it didn't seem to match up well with other sets in my opinion.
Silivren

The last one is the one that Mozag had linked as well only she had changed the shoulders. It seems ts the closest I will get unless I try to build it around the Sunwalker weapons.. http://www.wowhead.com/item=65474 - the greatsword but thats more green...

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Weapon choice can be quite personal as it can change the entire feel, so completely up to what you pick. I did add the axe as it fitted fairly well, but then you can always swap around :)

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=14 ... 2348:70117
(I have no idea how to set the model to a specfic race, etc. but it looks pretty naff on a human male. Make sure you set it to female Tauren ;) )

I tried to make it more tribal looking (even though there are bugger all in plate) by adding a platekini and the harness underneath. I wanted the bright yellow of the sun, but not IN YOUR FACE yellow, so toned it down with the shoulders and gloves. I kind of loved/hated using that helm, but it does emulate the sun pretty dam well and most of the other options I tried were just so... poorly matching. I did use the bright yellow down on the feet to continue the "Sun Walker" in an almost literal sense and had it move to the orange as it moved up the leg and brown into the waist.

Hope you like it :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Silivren

From what you say this definately sounds BEYOND interesting.. The link doesnt work however but I already replied to your PM about that. Frankly I'm quite flattered that someone who has such an artistic mind(judging for your art, which is GORGEOUS btw)that you'd eveen take time to look at my little paladin. :) :hug:

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

It's great to see someone else who loves playing Tauren as much as I do.

I dunno if you're going to only play ret. If you think you might be carrying a shield, though, you might look at Sternhorn's Shield from the Taurajo quest chain. http://www.wowhead.com/item=53254

While it may not be the perfect match for a lot of plate sets, it's definitely a very Tauren shield.
Silivren

Ok I had to go in by hand on my phone and figure out each item. :lol: It is very nice, not sure if its exactly what I'm looking for but I'll keep it in mind. The Brawlers Vest bugs out when its in that view and shows through the breast plate, its very hard to see it clearly. >.< The gloves are kinda off colored compared to the rest of the set too, probably the only thing I don't like is the pvp legguards because i despise pvp'ing for any reason. I still really want a find a set that matches the Sunwalkers Greatsword too. It's a level 20 quest reward for Tauren paladins.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Sorry, I really dont know how to use the wowhead model viewer thing very well, I'll just take screen shots.

Image Image Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­