Dwarfy hunter 'mogging?

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Dwarfy hunter 'mogging?

Unread post by Holgarr »

I'm wanting something suitably "dwarfy" for my upcoming faction/race change from Tauren to Dwarf, but I don't really have anything on-hand to use.

I know he'll be using a gun, and something that gives a "blended look" (resembling a mix of mail and leather) would be good if possible. Only thing I am unwavering on for sure is that the beard MUST be visible even with the headpiece showing... because what sort of dwarf is beardless?

Can anyone lend a hand?

I was thinking something along these lines...
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=24 ... :3427&l=80

Or maybe this, for a bit more detailing and a touch of color...
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=75 ... 4.-18&l=80

But for some reason, neither quite seems to look "just right".

...basically, if it's not obvious yet, I like the shoulders and belt, but it's everything else that's stumping me - usually for 'mogs, it's the other way around for me, and I can never find a suitable set of shoulders or a nice belt. Ironic.

I also plan on trying to get Steamworker's Goggles off Flame Leviathan somehow eventually, even though I'm an engineer and can thus make my own goggles easily, because I love the oldschool goggle look much more than the newer techy-looking ones, and they're the only mail version of that style.
Image Image
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Dwarfy hunter 'mogging?

Unread post by Ana »

I have a dwarf hunter myself and love her to bits

To me this set is very dwarfy. The only problem is that i use "Cookienators" tabard with it, but the Tallhide chest would work just as fine i think.

To me its perfect :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Holgarr »

Hmm... no thanks. The Tallhide set always looked a bit weird all together, considering it's mail but is literally a cloth lookalike.
Image Image
Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

I had put together an outfit to go with the Baradin Tabard that kind of fits what you're looking for:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/kp3znhm
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Do you have some sort of back story of your Dwarf? A mountaineer? A Beastmaster? A bombardier?
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Holgarr »

pop wrote:Do you have some sort of back story of your Dwarf? A mountaineer? A Beastmaster? A bombardier?
Truth told, I dunno yet. Like I said, he is (or will be) a faction/race change. Haven't really put a ton of thought past that. He's primarily BM spec though, for what it's worth...

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=24 ... 8.-18&l=80
I've pieced together various suggestions... This... I like this. Needs a good cloak though, to really bring it all together...
Last edited by Holgarr on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Holgarr »

I'M A DWARF NOW.

Holgarr Firebeard, atchyer service.

Say, can admins and/or mods change usernames? Figured since I'm not "Wykea" anymore, th' name doesn't fit...
Image Image