Durumu's Baleful Gaze

Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Durumu's Baleful Gaze

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Hey, I was just curious if anyone had tried to build a transmog set around Durumu's Baleful Gaze. I typically shy away from the "living" models (like the Gronnstalker set for example), but for whatever reason I found the crossbow to be hilarious and endearing. Any thoughts?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Durumu's Baleful Gaze

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I'm currently using the RF version as my ranged transmog piece. I paired it with a modified version of the Lord's set http://wowroleplaygear.com/2011/08/26/lords-set/ - the silver and gold tones of that armor match with the silver and gold in the RF Baleful Gaze.

Of course Gronnstalker or the current Saurok tier would be obvious matches with the whole eyeball thing, but I go for color first.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Hilarious and endearing?

More like NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Horrifying. Considering how ranged weapons are sheathed, that would mean a thing with tentacles would be near my butt.

THAT IS NOT GOOD.
Image Image
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Wykea wrote:Hilarious and endearing?

Horrifying. Considering how ranged weapons are sheathed, that would mean a thing with tentacles would be near my butt.

THAT IS NOT GOOD.
Actually that's why I like it. Plus it has a tentacle on the underside that's licking my toon's spine the entire time I have it sheathed, and that plus the armor-kini effect of the Lord's armor... maybe I have a weird sense of humor. :) I find it funny.

And it's a rather friendly looking eyeball xbow thingy when you look at it upside down. The eye squints and the tentacles wave, and it's like it's saying "Hi!" or maybe "I see you checking out my rear!"
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

peanutbuttercup wrote:

THAT IS NOT GOOD.
Actually that's why I like it. Plus it has a tentacle on the underside that's licking my toon's spine the entire time I have it sheathed, and that plus the armor-kini effect of the Lord's armor... maybe I have a weird sense of humor. :) I find it funny.

And it's a rather friendly looking eyeball xbow thingy when you look at it upside down. The eye squints and the tentacles wave, and it's like it's saying "Hi!" or maybe "I see you checking out my rear!"
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
Image Image
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

THAT IS NOT GOOD.
If you think it's bad for the average player, just imagine how it looks on a Draenei :P :)
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Hmm... I wonder how it would look with the brown Gronstalker variant.. Eyes EVERYWHERE.
Account has been closed at user's request.