Fraudulent PvP Hunter

Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Fraudulent PvP Hunter

Unread post by Hatari »

I should open this post by saying I don't generally PvP. In fact, the only times I have (way back in BC, and a bit in Wrath) was to get certain gear.
I'm not the greatest player in the world, and playing against other players--especially those particularly GOOD at PvP--meant that I would almost invariably get pwned.

That's ok. I'm more into the other aspects of the game anyway.

So, way way back at the beginning of the expansion, when I saw the PvP gear sets, I was a little sad, because I really really liked them. I particularly liked the purple version. Unfortunately, that was only available to serious PvPers who could actually earn Conquest points. I figured there was no way I'd ever get my hands on that set, so I decided to try and get the easier blue set. It was still very nice (same set, different color) and could be achieved with Honor points. That's still PvP, but easier to get. In fact, I had decided to try something different. I decided to try and get an entire PvP set without doing any PvP at all. What I did was queue for random heroic dungeons, gather up tons of Justice Points, and then convert them to Honor. It's extremely inefficient, but it appeals to my whimsical side. Plus, I was doing dungeons with guildies and friends as they leveled up and tried to gear their alts. So it was fun.

Unfortunately, I did this in my spare time, so I would go long stretches while not doing it. So, as patch 5.3 loomed close to dropping, I had only about three pieces bought and paid for. Then the patch dropped, and everything changed. The set that I had been buying was taken off the PvP quartermaster, and remade into a crafting set for leatherworkers. Hatari is a leatherworker, so now, in order to get the rest of the matching set, I'd need to use Magnificence of Leather to learn the recipe, and then craft the pieces myself. In addition, they moved the old Conquest set to the PvP honor Quartermaster. And now, I can spend Honor on the suit I originally wanted in the first place.

This was a a sort of "facepalm" moment for me. I basically decided to start over. So, since the beginning of the patch, I've been working on the new suit. With all the talk of 5.4, I began to fear a repeat of what happened the last time, so I've been doing a lot of dungeons lately. And now, I have (almost) the full suit. The onyl left for me to get is the belt. So I still need 1750 Honor. But since the belt Hatari's wearing now seems to look pretty good with the set, I went ahead and captured a few screenshots of my new suit. Hatari, in PvP gear, without having done a single PvP encounter.

In celebration, I went out and tamed the purple Portent. Before the patch dropped, I had to let go of all but my green Portents, so now that I have space, I'm trying to get the rest of them. I want to do this before 5.4 drops, as well. For obvious reasons. The only one I still need, now, is the Red one.

Post script: I've learned all my Magnificence of Leather recipes, as well, so if I ever want to the other set, I can now craft it! :)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Fraudulent PvP Hunter

Unread post by Castile »

Awesome! I really like that set and it suits a tauren perfectly. My Castilian is the same colour as Hatari so I think I know what suit I want to work on for her :) can you tell me what your bow is?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Fraudulent PvP Hunter

Unread post by Hatari »

Castile wrote:Awesome! I really like that set and it suits a tauren perfectly. My Castilian is the same colour as Hatari so I think I know what suit I want to work on for her :) can you tell me what your bow is?
Thanks! and sure. :)

The transmog for the bow is The Tempestuous Longbow, which drops from Heroic Siege of Niuzao Temple. I've had the bow for a long time, and I really love it. I think it fits this particular transmog PERFECTLY.