So when do you go nuts and clear out your bank/void?

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

So when do you go nuts and clear out your bank/void?

Unread post by Slickrock »

So, Slickrock has a problem. His bank and void are full, and I'm constantly having to go back and vendor stuff as I acquire new bits of gear. So much of it I'll never use, and I'm slowly deleting archeology items as I have no room, but I'm tired of having to look through everything each time I get new stuff.

So I need a plan..

Step one, I'm going to see if any of my bank bags are smaller and need to be upgraded.

Step two, I want to vendor about 25% of the gear I have. Question is, which gear? What stuff is safe to vendor, and what bits should I hold on to?

I'm thinking that I should either:

a) dump all the helms and shoulders that I'll likely not use, since those are typically the starting points for sets, or...

b) build 2-3 sets that I like, and dump everything else.

What's the best way to manage this mess?
Account has been closed at user's request.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: So when do you go nuts and clear out your bank/void?

Unread post by ashdawn »

mine is full of pets and holiday items and potions and stuff that I want but i dont need, but i cant get rid of them because they are fairly rare.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'd say build 2-3 sets, then dump anything that can be re-obtianed (keep a list if you want) and then go from there. If there are items that cannot be re-obtained, and you -think- you might want them later, keep them, otherwise, get rid of em!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I have your problem x infinity. I have dozens of transmog & RP sets, toys, tabards, you name it. I'm down to about a dozen spaces total on my main, with the largest bags and full void storage.

If you must let go of things (you're on largest possible bags, can't even quest because you can't loot) then I'd start with anything that you can easily reobtain, like blue boss drops from lower level dungeons, gear you can craft, etc.

Anything that doesn't soulbind you should send off to an alt, especially if you aren't using it frequently.

Things to hold on to, even if you're not sure about it:
- Anything that you can no longer get, for obvious reasons
- Anything that is very difficult to get (old LFR gear, gear that you'd need several other people to help you get, gear that requires a lot of difficult mats to make)

Of course I say all of this and don't heed my own advice, which is why my bags are so full.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

peanutbuttercup wrote:I have your problem x infinity. I have dozens of transmog & RP sets, toys, tabards, you name it. I'm down to about a dozen spaces total on my main, with the largest bags and full void storage.

If you must let go of things (you're on largest possible bags, can't even quest because you can't loot) then I'd start with anything that you can easily reobtain, like blue boss drops from lower level dungeons, gear you can craft, etc.

Anything that doesn't soulbind you should send off to an alt, especially if you aren't using it frequently.

Things to hold on to, even if you're not sure about it:
- Anything that you can no longer get, for obvious reasons
- Anything that is very difficult to get (old LFR gear, gear that you'd need several other people to help you get, gear that requires a lot of difficult mats to make)

Of course I say all of this and don't heed my own advice, which is why my bags are so full.
This. If the item is craftable or drops from a lower level, easily farmed dungeon, you can safely get rid of them.

However, PVP gear, LFR gear, and quest gear is usually a one-time deal and should be conserved. It's also just asking yourself "Do I /really/ need these?"

I had a crapload of gear from old Zul'gurub on my hunter...and absolutely none of it was t-moggable or even worth, aside from old Zin'rokh. I ended up selling everything because I knew I'd never wear it, and what good was it to me if all I could do was stare at it and not share it with anyone?

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

This expansion has been so bad for getting toys and basically useless crap...I did a cull recently and ditched all those silly items (like the orange that you throw at someone) that i'd prob never use and ditch em. Same with easy to get gear/gear i'd never use or xmog.

Do what Nev said and just ask yourself do you really need this? If you have never used nor are likely too then ditch it. Else keep all the things that are near and dear to you.

In saying that I am a terrible hoarder! My hunter even has staves in void storage cause i couldn't bare to vendor them hahaha!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Slickrock

I kept one polearm from BT in my void for the look.. at least I got rid of the rest of those... :D
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I would love a second void storage space, even if I had to shell out some coin for it, that'd be wonderful -- wishful thinking -- both my hunt & rogue are packed to the gills, I usually go through items I am just 'holding on to' & 'never see the light of day', I'll soon have to ditch about eight slots for another set, going to be bad when they introduce more transmog items ugh!.

I kept the scythe polearm, nefarians' staff on my hunter, & a few axes on the rogue in case I go combat, other than that they're packed with moggable items.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

My bank and Void storage is almost completely filled with bows, crossbows, guns, and armor now. And sadly, I still need more, especially now that I figured out how to get my gun sound effects to sound like plasma pistols from XCOM and Dalek guns from Dr. Who. Essentially, I've been collecting guns to go with sets that didn't already have them.
Slickrock

I bought myself a bit of time (but not much) by upgrading a few of my bank bags, and deleting some of those vanity items that drop from Panderia rares. Need to take another pass and delete more of that.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Oh, for a second row of bank bags! Blizzard, you're missing an opportunity here.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

"So when do you go nuts and clear out your bank/void?"

Today, just do it.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Never! The majority of the stuff I have is stuff that is either impossible to get anymore or just very difficult.

I'd clear out half my bank/void if they would make a way to get quest rewards for quests you've completed. My "pack rat" nature is killing me on that, feeling like I gotta hoard them cuz I can't get them back and "what if..."